Author Topic: 262 nerfed?  (Read 5128 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
262 nerfed?
« on: October 02, 2008, 10:10:48 AM »
So, instead of reworking the G and G-spikes in the 262 like I was hoping, the new patch simply reduces the elevator effectiveness.

So, instead of fixing the issue, they simply remove your options of ever creating that issue. I could not get the wings to snap off in a 550+mph vertical dive with full stick back deflection. I could barely get the frame to stress. I blacked out a lot more but frankly the end result is the elevators are half as effective as they were before.

This de-fangs the 262 in fights. One of (okay let's admit THE ONLY) way a 262 can get kills in a furball with other planes is to pull hard lead deflection on a target while mushing through an accelerated stall (like a P-38 does, you know?) and then ease up off the stick and see if you hit the guy or not, reposition for another attack and repeat.

Now it cannot do that. Now it doesn't have the elevator to do that.

It's been nerfed.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
Re: 262 nerfed?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 10:12:29 AM »
ZOMG the 262 lost its man hood!

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
And I thought it was just a graphics change. That really sucks. It's only good for buff hunting if that's the case. I haven't been in one since the update. Is it really that noticeable?
325th Checkertails

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 10:45:03 AM »
BS Meter alert.

At the speeds where you could perform an accelerated stall in the 262, no changes have been made.

HiTech

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:11 AM »
BS Meter alert.

At the speeds where you could perform an accelerated stall in the 262, no changes have been made.

HiTech

Nice to hear from the God of AH.<S> Now I feel better.
325th Checkertails

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:53:13 AM »
BS Meter alert.

HiTech

but hitech,   he has like 11,598 more post than you do...he is in the KNOW........... :devil
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 10:58:33 AM »
I LIKE TURTLES!!!!!!!!! :aok
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 11:00:09 AM »
I'm specifically talking about a range from ... say... 200 to 350mph. Where you're in a furball but not really slowing down to stall out. You have a target, he's about to break away from you. You can't follow the target, but you can pull hard on the stick, get your nose into his flight path, lob some 30mm, and land hits. Now you can't do that "nose skid" (whatever the term for it is).

Accelerated stall may not be the proper term. It's that mush-thing that the P-38 also does where you can pitch the nose up and still maintain your previous direction momentarily as you skid along your previous path.

I was not able to do this against the offline drones last night. Tried a number of times. Climbed to 15k and dove vertically straight down, and could not rip the wingtips of either. Could not get past 6Gs on the meter, it seemed.

Not stating things as clearly as I wanted to, yes. BS? No. Definitely can feel a difference trying to take potshots at drones and definitely feel a difference at top-speed high-Gs (although the latter isn't really going to affect ability to get kills like the former will)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:20:18 AM »

I'm specifically talking about a range from ... say... 200 to 350mph. Where you're in a furball but not really slowing down to stall out. You have a target, he's about to break away from you. You can't follow the target, but you can pull hard on the stick, get your nose into his flight path, lob some 30mm, and land hits. Now you can't do that "nose skid" (whatever the term for it is).

Accelerated stall may not be the proper term. It's that mush-thing that the P-38 also does where you can pitch the nose up and still maintain your previous direction momentarily as you skid along your previous path.

I was not able to do this against the offline drones last night. Tried a number of times. Climbed to 15k and dove vertically straight down, and could not rip the wingtips of either. Could not get past 6Gs on the meter, it seemed.

Not stating things as clearly as I wanted to, yes. BS? No. Definitely can feel a difference trying to take potshots at drones and definitely feel a difference at top-speed high-Gs (although the latter isn't really going to affect ability to get kills like the former will)

Bigger BS Meter alert I would say in the order of 85 KRUSTYs.

Nothing has changed below 320 MPH, and at that speed you will be in a black out before you could stall the plane. So as my original post said, Nothing has changed in the range where you could perform an Accelerated Stall.

Offline Adonai

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 11:22:58 AM »
Hitech *Sniff* that is about the best comment I read on this BBS in many moons  :salute

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »
BS meter  :aok  :rofl

<S> Hitech!
Mak

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 11:43:09 AM »

BS is now officially measured in the Krusty scale!

:rofl :rofl  :rofl
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »
Babies often bang their little heads until they are unconscious.  :rolleyes:

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 11:58:29 AM »

Krusty, since we got a new update/patch did you by chance considered recalibrating and checking your scaling? to see if it may have went screwy on ya?

just a thought.........
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 03:10:24 PM »
/sarcasm on
Cmon krusty you gonna take that. :furious :furious.
/sarcasm off

See Rule #4