Author Topic: McCain War hero? Interesting read!  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: McCain War hero? Interesting read!
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »
Apparently shrimp doesn't realize that the Forrestal incident is rather well documented by folks who were actually there as well as including film. Then again that's not surprising given the misconception that a lackluster academic classroom performance equates to battlefield action performance.
 :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »
Hangtime, you've been blinded with propaganda and fear.  I'm also a Republican.  I have no reason to spread lies.  Unlike you guys, I'm not afraid of either candidate.

McCain should be respected for fighting in Vietnam.  However, I think he was a fairly poor pilot. He graduated third from the bottom of his class, failed a major exam, and lost 5 airplanes.  His father was an Admiral, and you can be pretty sure that had some effect on his career.  Also, due to a fire caused by McCains plane, he nearly sunk the U.S.S. Forrestal.

Lies.

Both of 'em. From your keyboard.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »
^

Aquashrimp, go ahead and read the Forrestal reports and then go ahead and retract your BS statement.

Otherwise, you're just another tool of the Obamessiah spew machine.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2008, 12:23:10 PM »
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/23316912/makebelieve_maverick/print

Fair is fair and observable fact is what it is too.  If any of this drivel had basis on either I would have no fault with you.  That clearly is not the case.  It is sad that neither of you have enough self respect to put honesty ahead of your desperation for attention.  If you are looking for what weighs heavily on this country, just look in the mirror.  You are no better than the worst of what you accuse others of being.  Unfortunately, this planet is overwhelmingly populated by others who share your arrogance and complete lack of all that makes humanity great.  Fortunately, there are still many around who will bear your despicable burden and help hold all of our society from becoming like you.  I'm not fond of John McCain but he is much more than you will ever likely be. Until the day comes that you are much more of a man than you are now you have no right to act as you do.  Given your failings I doubt you will ever have the courage.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
Both of them suck.  Just like we have here with Brown and Cameron.  Shame.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 12:30:15 PM »
Hangtime, you've been blinded with propaganda and fear.  I'm also a Republican.  I have no reason to spread lies.  Unlike you guys, I'm not afraid of either candidate.

John McCain claims to be a republican too.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
I'm also a Republican.  I have no reason to spread lies. 

And yet you just lied about your political party of choice.  Amazing.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »
who in their right mind would slander John McCain's war record?

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.

Offline Carrel

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 01:28:30 PM »
who in their right mind would slander John McCain's war record?

Swiftboat Vets for Justice would, if he were running as a Democrat.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »
Seems the Republicans aren't the only ones doing "swiftboating".
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2008, 01:29:50 PM »
I'm glad this thread came up. First let me say it sickens me that someone would try to discredit a man's war record. It is just that, record. He went, he served, he survived. I respect him for doing that. <<S>>

Second, where were you guys when they were doing the same thing to John Kerry? Forget the protesting afterward, that's a seperate subject and completely fair game. I'm talking about time spent in country. Give credit where credit is due.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2008, 01:31:06 PM »
I'm glad this thread came up. First let me say it sickens me that someone would try to discredit a man's war record. It is just that, record. He went, he served, he survived. I respect him for doing that. <<S>>

Second, where were you guys when they were doing the same thing to John Kerry? Forget the protesting afterward, that's a seperate subject and completely fair game. I'm talking about time spent in country. Give credit where credit is due.

John McCain didn't come back home after a few minor injuries and slander the rest of the troops.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »
And yet you just lied about your political party of choice.  Amazing.

Unlike you, I vote for the best political candidate.  Not the one my party chooses.

Offline AquaShrimp

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »

If it sickens you that we would look at the facts objectively, then I hope you die.