Author Topic: The new guy, day 5 AAR 11-12  (Read 2074 times)

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
Re: The new guy, day 5 AAR 11-12
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2008, 05:47:25 PM »
Here's how I see it...  He's either a new guy as he claims, or he is a vet of some sort who wants to distance himself from whatever AH past he has.

So...

If he is a new guy, he's doing great.  He's showing an interest in the game and the community.  His contributions have been pretty positive and beneficial in my opinion.  In game, he has been upbeat and polite whenever I have come across him.  All in all, a good addition to the community.

If he is a vet under a new name...

He may want to put some unfortunate things behind him.  He's showing an interest in the game and the community.  His contributions have been pretty positive and beneficial in my opinion.  In game, he has been upbeat and polite whenever I have come across him.  All in all, a good addition to the community.

Where's the problem?

X2
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2008, 06:37:53 PM »
I agree these posts seem suspicious to me...when i was newb i definitely wasnt starting threads on the bbs to share my experiences...i didnt know how to film let alone post them...seems self-serving imho :salute

<cough> <cough>adonai <cough cough>

:noid

Just because you didn't know how to post a film or start a thread when you first started, doesn't mean it's impossible for anyone else to know how.

Before I started in AW, I spent over three weeks reading everything I could get my hands on on how to play and fly which resulted in a lessening out the steepness of the learning curve and made the game much less frustrating and more enjoyable.

Whether or not SkyTiger is a vet in shades or a new player, he's got some very good advice, namely learn about the game before you dive head long into it.  Something that 99.99% in this game have failed to do, which is evident in the limp wristed mega-hord squadrons that use numbers to make up for their lack of skill.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2008, 06:39:15 PM »
Where's the problem?

He's having fun.

ack-ack

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
Here's how I see it...  He's either a new guy as he claims, or he is a vet of some sort who wants to distance himself from whatever AH past he has.

So...

If he is a new guy, he's doing great.  He's showing an interest in the game and the community.  His contributions have been pretty positive and beneficial in my opinion.  In game, he has been upbeat and polite whenever I have come across him.  All in all, a good addition to the community.

If he is a vet under a new name...

He may want to put some unfortunate things behind him.  He's showing an interest in the game and the community.  His contributions have been pretty positive and beneficial in my opinion.  In game, he has been upbeat and polite whenever I have come across him.  All in all, a good addition to the community.

Where's the problem?

X3
I am a spy!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
So that settles it, no need to again derail the next thread too.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2008, 07:05:26 PM »
Agree 100% with moot, Pfactor, and AKAK. 

Carry on, SkyTiger.

:aok

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2008, 07:06:33 PM »
Oh and Falc, unless Adonai took a crash course in the English language for the last month, I guarantee you it isn't him.

;)

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »
My last post in one of these shade threads.

New Guy with a k/d of 1.5 on day.  A new guy with 3 captures by day 2.  New guy whose studied his butt off and read all the FAQs, practiced offline, such & such, but doesn't start a forum account and ask not one single question before his sudden appearance?  Strange for someone doing so much homework.  Never went to the TA, just dove right in with a 1.5 k/d.  Already knows how to make and post films.  Remembers the names of everyone he fights.  Seems to have the entire game pretty well mastered by day 5.  Never seen such a perfect "new guy" before here.  He suddenly shows up with "Hey look at me!  I'm new and I know the perfect thing to say to these people every time instead of what the other 99.99999% of "new guys" say or ask.  My opinion is he is a sad shade account that doesn't deserve any of this attention that even I am giving him.  To each their own, gullibility levels vary.  I have the same opinion as Falc.  Know any vets that need a new start with a new identity and already knows how to say what the community wants to hear to make all these new great friends?

I'll keep my word of never visiting one of these bs threads again.  Have fun with your "new" buddy.

Welcome back Adonai, we've missed you.

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2008, 07:24:22 PM »

Welcome back Adonai, we've missed you.

No, we didn't.
Some say language use isn't the same but the attention needs seem the same.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »
Again, look at his posts.  Adonai couldn't reach that level of eloquence if a dumbtruck ran him over at 100mph and only left the smart cells in his brains...

You guys are really being pathetic.  What if he is new?  Does it get under your skin that much that a new guy could be better at a game than you that you've slaved away at for years yet still suck at?  And if he is a shade, what has he posted that isn't positive?  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2008, 09:32:46 PM »
Again, look at his posts.  Adonai couldn't reach that level of eloquence if a dumbtruck ran him over at 100mph and only left the smart cells in his brains...

You guys are really being pathetic.  What if he is new?  Does it get under your skin that much that a new guy could be better at a game than you that you've slaved away at for years yet still suck at?  And if he is a shade, what has he posted that isn't positive?  I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not to mention that Adonai was never this good and he was an F/A-18E driver  :rofl

ack-ack

Offline SkyTiger

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2008, 09:36:08 PM »