Author Topic: Fix the Collisions.........  (Read 5143 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Fix the Collisions.........
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »
Good post Kweassa.

:aok
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2008, 06:52:38 AM »
Awesome Post Kweassa! <S>

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
Watching carrier operations can sometimes give a good view of alternate realities. You will see aircraft land where the carrier is not in your reality. i.e. landing in thin air. He sees himself landing on the flight deck.

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2008, 03:25:11 PM »
I was hoping he'd stick the pauli exclusion principle in there somewhere, too. Perfect opportunity for it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #169 on: December 19, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »

I MAY HAVE  a film. suffered a collision last night. only got white message saying XXX has collided with you. i lost a wing, while i saw a black smoke trail comming from him. i never got the kill, so i assume he landed safely.
\
 i'll look at film tonight to see if he was tryin to ho me or not, as i don't recall seeing or hearing hits, or gunfire.
if he was shooting, no use posting...if he was though, i'll stir the hornets nest a bit./ :D :devil
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:45:59 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: December 19, 2008, 01:28:28 PM »
Some years ago I played a game that had a collision "bubble",if your "bubble" touched the otherguys 'bubble' both went down.The problem with this was that you could "collide" with players that were several hundred yards away,there was noway to tell how close you could get and often you'd move in for a shot and explode for no reason.Well the "no reason" was really "lag" and led to many frustaring evenings trying to fly and not explode.

Is this what you'd like to see in AHII?? I sure dont!! :O

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2008, 01:40:51 PM »

I MAY HAVE  a film. suffered a collision last night. only got white message saying XXX has collided with you. i lost a wing, while i saw a black smoke trail comming from him. i never got the kill, so i assume he landed safely.
\
 i'll look at film tonight to see if he was tryin to ho me or not, as i don't recall seeing or hearing hits, or gunfire.
if he was shooting, no use posting...if he was though, i'll stir the hornets nest a bit./ :D :devil
Just remember the orange system messages, of which "You have collided" is one, do not show up on films (at least they used to not - not sure if this is something they changed).  So you will have to watch the film very closely to see if your plane intersects with the other plane to see if you indeed had a collision on your computer.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2008, 02:09:19 PM »
Just remember the orange system messages, of which "You have collided" is one, do not show up on films (at least they used to not - not sure if this is something they changed).  So you will have to watch the film very closely to see if your plane intersects with the other plane to see if you indeed had a collision on your computer.

well, that's why i didn't post right away. i didn't get the orange message.
 i watched the film last night. it appears as if his verticle stab caught my left wing. so my machine did indeed see a collision.  there was zero gunfire. neither one of us fired. i was climbing to the merge, and he was inverted diving on me. i actually thought i was gonna pass under him.
 i'm a bit confused, that i never got the orange message, but not overly concerned now, knowing that this just "proved out" the system.
 i'm still also confused why i never saw a kill show up, as i have in the past, as he definitly hit the water. it's kinda funny too, as although his verticle stab hit my wing, he lost his wing. his wing, though never contacted my aircraft.

i'm not gonna post the film, also, due to a squaddie lettin loose on squad vox. don't wanna cause any trouble for anyone.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »
well, that's why i didn't post right away. i didn't get the orange message.
 i watched the film last night. it appears as if his verticle stab caught my left wing. so my machine did indeed see a collision.  there was zero gunfire. neither one of us fired. i was climbing to the merge, and he was inverted diving on me. i actually thought i was gonna pass under him.
 i'm a bit confused, that i never got the orange message, but not overly concerned now, knowing that this just "proved out" the system.
 i'm still also confused why i never saw a kill show up, as i have in the past, as he definitly hit the water. it's kinda funny too, as although his verticle stab hit my wing, he lost his wing. his wing, though never contacted my aircraft.

i'm not gonna post the film, also, due to a squaddie lettin loose on squad vox. don't wanna cause any trouble for anyone.

<<S>>
You can edit out vox and text.  Ohh and if he lost a wing then on his FE his wing hit you. Get it?
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »
You can edit out vox and text.  Ohh and if he lost a wing then on his FE his wing hit you. Get it?

yea, i think i do......in my "world" his vert stab hit my wing....in his "world" his wing hit me.

how do i edit the vox or text out?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2008, 03:29:57 PM »
Editing  the top right side.

Boxed in red.
See Rule #4

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »
yea, i think i do......in my "world" his vert stab hit my wing....in his "world" his wing hit me.
:aok
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
I was recently explaining the collision model to a few gents who insisted it was faulty.  Their evidence was the fact that if you see your own plane dodging and missing your enemy's bullets, you can still get hit by them and go down.  I tried to explain how hard it would be to have to fire at an enemy at where you think he might actually be in order to hit him on his own Front End.  They would then circle back to, "Why are collisions with planes any different?"  I swore from that day on out, I will never discuss collisions again.
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2008, 05:31:08 PM »
I was recently explaining the collision model to a few gents who insisted it was faulty.  Their evidence was the fact that if you see your own plane dodging and missing your enemy's bullets, you can still get hit by them and go down.  I tried to explain how hard it would be to have to fire at an enemy at where you think he might actually be in order to hit him on his own Front End.  They would then circle back to, "Why are collisions with planes any different?"  I swore from that day on out, I will never discuss collisions again.
if i could get the other guy to post his film too, that would be a decent way of showing this. as soon as i edit some offensive vox out, i'll post it here.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2008, 09:19:56 PM »
Ohh and if he lost a wing then on his FE his wing hit you. Get it?

Bronk, I have always been with you when it comes to the collision whines but that statement is not always correct.  I think the collision detection system is the best possible compromise.  However the way damage is assigned is not.  This may go more to the games damage model though.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH