Author Topic: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!  (Read 4098 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: The greatest Spit I Ace ever!
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2008, 11:07:14 AM »
have, not of

had to have worked hard

my grammar sucks but i spotted that one. :)

:aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2008, 12:23:18 PM »
If bucky still thinks this whole thing is only related to "score" (esp after what Lynx said) then I have no use for his opinion.  I would say bucky is so mad he can't rank with the better players he has decided to rag on those who wish to play for score, since he can't acheive the score/status he wishes.  I could be wrong, but his posts indicate I am not.  Lucky for me, this board has an ignore feature, I shall now use it.

Lynx, your comments make 100% sense to all who have a brain and the reason to use it.  If it wasn't so long, I would use it as a signature.

As a player who contributes my $15 a month.  I expect that the host will maintain, where possible, the integrity of the game.  Like any game, a persons score should be indicative of some level of effort.  Sure, I maybe able solve a Rubik's cube faster than you, but if I did that by taking it apart, and reassembling it, it hasn't the same meaning.  (Rubik's cube is a "game" isn't it?)

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2008, 12:39:42 PM »
I Sir regularly score in the top ten and by no means is it by acting "timid".  Equally I'm not a target drone for vulchers.  If a fields capped it's capped blah blah blah.  By your statement above you show little awareness of how to score...not that you should need to "score" I hassen to add.  You and your ilk perpetually misconstrue runners and timid players as scorers.....consistently. 

As someone who scores highly consistently I too see my fair share of runners and timid players, BnZ'ers and cherry pickers but it all <drum roll> helps my score by getting stuck in <hat simbols>.  Just for your information 9 out of 10 runners I catch are no rank no skill players who run because they know they haven't the <drum roll> skill to win the fight....as simple and as clear as that.  We even see folk bail rather than die in a fight...wtf is that about?  :rolleyes:

What ruins this game is folks propensity to "short cut".  Weather that's pork and auger, bomb n bail, Lanc stuka's or Perk Farming a shade account.....not alot to do with score are they?

Take this person named in this thread.  By his actions he has the rank to take a Cv off YOU.  Which I personnel would take great exception to.  Chances are he hasn't a clue what to do with it and he'll get it sunk.  That's the end of your nice little furball or capture attempt having spent between 2 to 5 hours getting the Cv in position.  Again by his actions he could run you down in a Temp, F4u4, 262.  Had he earned the right to do that?  What if this guy having unfairly purchased a tiger then uses his shade account to resupply his tracked tiger with an m3 from the base he's attacking.  What if he uses his shade to sink your sides Cv's.  What if he then zooms your missions in a tempy?  Yer...all the above a little extreme being as he's only been caught perk farming so far but the point is....this game isn't rocket science as the kids over Christmass will prove to you.

So where do you draw the line between harmless fun and gaming the game?  Is it better to keep this game as clean as possible or is it OK to turn a blind eye to certain practices.  If you turned a blind eye where do you see the game progressing to?

Extraordinarily well said Lynx  :salute

Addendum: You know I got to thinking, I'll bet the subject of this thread is saying, Oh Wow! Got to write these hints and tips down. :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 12:44:38 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2008, 01:18:32 PM »
If bucky still thinks this whole thing is only related to "score" (esp after what Lynx said) then I have no use for his opinion.  I would say bucky is so mad he can't rank with the better players he has decided to rag on those who wish to play for score, since he can't acheive the score/status he wishes.  I could be wrong, but his posts indicate I am not.  Lucky for me, this board has an ignore feature, I shall now use it.

Lynx, your comments make 100% sense to all who have a brain and the reason to use it.  If it wasn't so long, I would use it as a signature.

As a player who contributes my $15 a month.  I expect that the host will maintain, where possible, the integrity of the game.  Like any game, a persons score should be indicative of some level of effort.  Sure, I maybe able solve a Rubik's cube faster than you, but if I did that by taking it apart, and reassembling it, it hasn't the same meaning.  (Rubik's cube is a "game" isn't it?)

You figured me out. Can't milk like everyone else and it just eats at my soul.  :cry
I sure aspire to one day be good at an internet game because it means so much in real life. Every day I wake up look in the mirror and scream "WHY, O God WHY can't it be me on the top of the score's page"? I guess I'm just not as gifted as many in here. It's a wonder that I can even fly my plane in real life with the score I have in this game. I'm calling the FAA and turning in my license effective immediately. Thank you for making me see the light. I will be found in the TA because I'm obviously not worthy to "Fly"  :rofl with the big boys. :rofl :rofl :rolleyes:

Keep an eye on that score sheet boys and GOD SPEED  :aok

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »
If it is so unimportant Bucky why do you keep posting about it?

Addendum: Something tells me this guy is some how involved with weedeter or Cook. Just got that feeling.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 01:27:59 PM by Getback »

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »
"purely entertainment" as I posted before. :aok

I find it funny as hell when people start topics like this to put the spotlight on somebody then they scream like heck when someone challenge's them. :rofl

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2008, 01:41:39 PM »

Addendum: Something tells me this guy is some how involved with weedeter or Cook. Just got that feeling.

Haven't played in awhile and I assure you I don't even know who you are talking about. :aok

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2008, 01:50:40 PM »
Bucky, Stang & co dont play for score.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2008, 02:13:20 PM »
Haven't played in awhile and I assure you I don't even know who you are talking about. :aok

Sure seems like you're defending them. I noticed you haven't said word about their play.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »
Funny sounds like he's screaming... I know I'm not. I'm just trying to help him understand what is going on in here.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: December 12, 2008, 02:25:01 PM »
I find it quit funny that you guys are so eager to point out that these guys are "vulching" each others account and playing "unfairly". Well, if that's the case then tell me what the difference between these guys and the guys that check their score, log on and start milking factories or bombing undefended base's. There isn't. Only difference is that you have someone LETTING the other one shoot them. Since you can't make post's about a FACTORY not defending itself you choose to pick on these guys. I would bet my left giblet that 9 out of 10 of you guys flaming about these "unfair" players are just those guys that bomb those factories....not ALL the time but when the score page calls for it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #101 on: December 12, 2008, 03:10:16 PM »
I find it quit funny that you guys are so eager to point out that these guys are "vulching" each others account and playing "unfairly". Well, if that's the case then tell me what the difference between these guys and the guys that check their score, log on and start milking factories or bombing undefended base's. There isn't. Only difference is that you have someone LETTING the other one shoot them. Since you can't make post's about a FACTORY not defending itself you choose to pick on these guys. I would bet my left giblet that 9 out of 10 of you guys flaming about these "unfair" players are just those guys that bomb those factories....not ALL the time but when the score page calls for it.

At first I thought you were purposefully being obtuse but now I have come to the realization that you actually can't seem to grasp the concept of keeping some sort of intregrity in the game.

Someone who milk runs an undefended base is not the same as someone that vulches a shade account, this time the phrase "apples and oranges" really does apply.  While one (the milk runner) might be timid in the sense that he's attacking an undefended base, he is playing within the normal bounds of the game, while the person that is vulching a shade/2nd account is not. 

And those you have alluded to playing for score, that couldn't be further from the truth.  You accused me of it but just look at my stats for the arenas I play in (LW and MW), hardly the stats of anyone that plays for rank/score.

And as someone pointed out, you seem very willing to defend the actions of players like WeedEter, which just goes to show me that you really don't have a clue as to what integrity is and probably the reason why your brain can't process what we've been saying.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »

You seem over occupied by score. Score means nothing in Ah because you can game the game. What does mean something in any game, job, agreement, family, or anything else is ethics. Someone vulching a shade is about as low as you can go. Next in line IMHO is the folks who try to defend them. I do not agree with the so called milkruns either. As far as factories go there is little reason to defend them and some will take advantage of that. Milkrunning, while it is looked down upon by most of us, is not a dishonest act.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bucky73

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »
I can't stress enough that this indeed is a GAME. Apparently you have a bit of a problem distinguishing the difference. If that's what they need to do to have fun then WHO CARES? My god man. Who are you to judge hour other people spend their money? I guess I AM defending them if they are having fun. If I want to spend 15bucks a month and let my kid play an internet game then I don't give a flyin crap what they do as long as it isn't physically hurting somebody.

"normal bounds of the game" ...How do you propose to stop these guys? BBS post's? :huh :rofl

Your word "integrity" in a internet game is nothing short of laughable. I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that some kid playing this game "unfairly" as you put it is going to somehow be a detriment to society when he becomes a man. Am I to believe that you didn't do stupid stuff as a kid or were you as perfect as you are now? Give me a break man.  :rolleyes:

You sir, wouldn't know the first thing about integrity. I can say that because since you can judge these guys I've just appointed myself to be the judge of you. So, herein lies my decision.  :aok
Btw...I don't remember ever singling you out saying you were a score watcher.

I sure hope your just pullin my chain now...... :D

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2008, 03:37:01 PM »

"normal bounds of the game" ...How do you propose to stop these guys? BBS post's? :huh :rofl

Ohhh I don't know.. public humiliation can work wonders.
See Rule #4