Author Topic: Toys from your youth  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Re: Toys from your youth
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
Fav character from fav toy growing up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_Shadow_(G.I._Joe)

Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
     I remember this one....

and this one is now almost impossible to find

80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
The toy I can't seem to find a picture of (and i've seen one recently somewhere durn it) was a large WW2 era aircraft carrier.

It had these little foam f4u's and you would pull this lever on it to launch the planes.

I LOVED that thing.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
The toy I can't seem to find a picture of (and i've seen one recently somewhere durn it) was a large WW2 era aircraft carrier.

It had these little foam f4u's and you would pull this lever on it to launch the planes.

I LOVED that thing.

My brother and I used to have little wars with a cruiser that shot missiles and aircraft and a little
tank you could ride that shot those little white plastic bullets from it's cannon.  Used to drive my parents
nuts stepping on all that plastic aftermath  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 09:05:52 PM »
I know what your talking about , lute..It was made by Mattel
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
We used to get those little green soldiers and set them up in the dirt out in the barn and shoot at them with our BB guns from up in the hay loft.  It was hours and hours of fun. 

Another thing that I used to love to do was draw little stick figure airplanes dogfighting each other.  I would sketch them in different positions as they moved around the page fighting each other.  Sometimes when nobody can see, I still do that in meetings when I am bored.   :D
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:23 PM »

I LOVED that thing.

My brother had it.   I believe it was called "Attack Carrier w/ 2 Flying Ace planes".    They were Hogs.   Yes, it was Mattel.

My favorite would have to be my still in a garbage bag "Cobra Rattler" or "Optimus Prime".    But then, I think of the fun my brother and I had playing this:

We'd double up rubber bands on the Crossbows, etc.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:41:13 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »

I LOVED that thing.

Weren't they yellow corsairs?  I vaguely remember them I think.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »

I LOVED that thing.

Oh heck yeah I remember that thing. I also had some of the foam F-15's and some other jets that you could launch off of slingshot type things. You could set the wings in place and I think it was called "1975 Mattle Model#9375, Attack Carrier Flag Ship w/2 flying ace planes"...got that off another board just a minute ago. http://www.megomuseum.com/community/showthread.php?t=7192

I had tons of airplanes that launched off the carriers too. I wonder if my parents still have that thing in the shop??? They kept all kinds of junk from that time when I was a kid.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:58:10 PM by Reschke »
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »

What about this?

Or better yet.....

I had the home version, plus I had a membership at one of their facilities..
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »

Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Anodizer

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 10:15:46 PM »
     I remember this one....

(Image removed from quote.)

and this one is now almost impossible to find

(Image removed from quote.)

I had the helicopter..  I think it was called the Whirly-Bird playset or something..  It had a little hook and you could try and pick up things with it..

And the water-rocket was awesome..  They sold them at the Ice-Cream shop up the street.  We used to go on little sprees and launch these the whole day..
We tried to get a few to explode by over pumping them..  But they just sprung leaks..  I launched one at a car once and this dude chased me through
backyards until I sneaked into a neighbors garage and hid there until he was gone..  
I like classy, beautiful, intelligent woman that say the "F" word a lot....

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 10:19:00 PM »
How much money do you think the average AHer wasted on wind up balsa airplanes in his or her youth?

I still get a few of these every summer. For my "nephew".
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 10:28:03 PM »
Tonka trucks.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 10:53:38 PM »
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.