Author Topic: 30mm damage  (Read 16056 times)

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
Re: 30mm damage
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2009, 08:19:25 AM »
Bad example sir......  Your ride has auto-convergence...........   :D

I took out 2 lancs on one pass last night using only 50s.... lag rolled and killed the 3rd.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2009, 06:00:01 PM »
Billy I only saw 1 tator hit 3 mg hits with it....FM2s,P47s would probably be the only fighters to be able to "eat" a 30mm :salute

I was wrong I count 6 30mm sprites and a boat load of mg over the two gunruns at .04x speed. I did do some damage as some small pieces flew off   :rolleyes:

gun run one   taters 1,2,and 3

gun run two taters 4, 5, and 6

I think each of those sprites is a hit correct? either way watch the runs at super slow speed BUKA BUKA BUKA :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:02:49 PM by BillyD »
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2009, 06:06:01 PM »
Time modifier gives false tater hits.  You need to watch it in 1x time..
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2009, 06:51:09 PM »
Hi all!
A few days ago, we were out of ammo. So we sent a commando detail to steal a one of our ammo trsucks, which had been captured by the enemy.

The commando raid was a success. now we coukd fly our Yak-9T's(37 mm cannon) against the attackers.

Took off and, sweeping, met a low flying Lancaster formation,

I attack, and hit with 37mm, the Lanc goes on as if nothing happened. :rolleyes:

I repeat the attack, pumping as many rounds as I can in that fast pass. It finally goes down.

Later we found out the enemy had sabotaged our 37mm ammo... :eek:

Mutley out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jm2qyykzxdj

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:48 PM »
Time modifier gives false tater hits.  You need to watch it in 1x time..

Hmm that's interesting...did not know that, thanks m00t....def. see 30mm hits each time tho even at 1X speed..... :uhoh

*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »

It does look like 2 30mm in the wing.  It happens too fast to be sure whether the second 30mm hits the wing or the left hstab surface (or side of the fuselage?), but IMO at least an elevator would've come off if it had hit the tail.  A flap does come off the left wing where at least 1 30mm hit.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2009, 09:13:04 PM »
why would only a flap come off of a plane after a 30mm hit lol its just weird
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2009, 09:31:03 PM »
Gotta look at the blueprints.. There could be detonation only after the bullet penetrated, and then the flap structure takes the brunt of the explosion somehow.  Remember that flaps don't actually have to fall off, they only need to be damaged for the flap damage to register and its animation to display.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2009, 11:00:26 AM »
Gotta look at the blueprints..blah blah

Why ya ignoring my PM to set up a dueling time when you clearly have the time to post in every other thread?

just rude if you ask me. :rolleyes:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:55 AM »
You can have it.  You're champion.  Congrats.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2009, 11:28:31 AM »
Dont be a loser, just explain to me why i send you PMs asking you to tell me a time that suits you and you refuse to reply for over 4 days when you clearly have been active on the forum. 

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2009, 11:30:56 AM »
I did reply.  Said it was fine and you replied that you'd be there.  Wed night UK time IIRC.  I've been busy and since you're in a hurry and the ladder's waiting on this match, I'm just gonna forfeit and let you have it.  I have too much stuff to do and it's the same to me.

Grats.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2009, 11:39:41 AM »
Thats a load of mumbojumbo, I replied to your call of wednesday right away and asked you for a time that would suit you, since i knew you were busy. That was on monday, 2 days for you to come up with a reply. Instead I'm left logging in to the arenas on wednesday and .f moot with no result. If you had just replied to me and set a time that would be a simple 15 minute deal.

You cannot just cop out this easy just because you dont like me, you entered this competition you should see it through to the end.

I'm prefectly happy to wait till you feel ready, but if you bring your personal feelings into this and ignore me how can we conclude the competition.

So right here in public (as you ignore private) Tell me a time moot, i will be there. Take as long as you need to prepare for it. But hurry the fup up about it right?

S!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
Ah please.  You sent a PM asking for a time. I replied saying x times were fine, or something, to which you replied saying you'd be on at Y time.  Y time went by and I never got to PRACTICE for this fight because I've been too damn BUSY for the last month.  It's a game and I have a lot of real work + the commitments to a couple of things like the wiki and some trainer stuff.   So now the tourny's stalled because of it and I'm not interested in a fight where I'm rusty as hell, nor in stalling a whole tourny just because of my workload, nor indeed in the particular fight itself. 

Now you wanna make this a big drawn out drama, well I'm just going to not reply.  Grats on the win.  Now you can do something useful for everyone and start the next tourny right now since BE's still AWOL, it really doesn't take much to run, and it's proven very popular with everyone.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2009, 12:00:51 PM »
You're quiting out of the final of the competition just because you might be a bit 'rusty', and i'm making the drama?
How would you feel in my shoes?
I wanted to fight you because youre the most succesfull of all the players on your side of the bracket. I wanted to lose to you, if you were better.

More importantly we now insult all the people who would have wanted a chance in the final but lost.