Author Topic: Horde the P-38G!  (Read 2717 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: Horde the P-38G!
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »
Fair enough.. I don't take any responsibility for what anyone else but me says on the BBS, squaddie or not.  I do think you helped this misunderstanding by just saying "odd and contrived" flat out.  The fight is all I'm concerned with.  Why you'd argue about the forum discussion and pov's before the real topic here (the fight) is what's odd, IMO.
So, no, my pov's not biased.  It wasn't 1:12 either, but it was definitely 1:6+.  You're saying it like it's all such a big difference! :lolNewsflash.. You don't actually DIE in this game.. The game is what you make it.. This set up was an opportunity to do something pretty rare, that is manage to shoot 4 of em down while ~4-6 more are all over you.  If I had needed a reason to say you're biased, I'd say refusing to acknowledge this aspect is a clue.   ... I was just standing out of reach and watching.. What do you think, was I helping? Would it have made any difference as far as qualifying this one as "ganging" goes?  You have no point here but to contradict the obvious, just because it's from a squad or player you happen to not like. And then you call others biased.

Moot yoou seem llike a thoughtful guy and i hate that we always seem to be at odds...you are typically respectful and i appreciate that :salute

As you stated above....you were within range to see the fight and you chose to stay out...you wanted to see the situation develop...its everybody's $15 so i have no problem with that....

But to say Scotch "shotdown" or "killed" 4 of them is a reach...he purposefully ho'd one and 3 died not from his guns...likely killshooter

Again it's his $15....enjoy

But to act like this was a "gangbang" situation when you readily admit you were staying out and he caused it by diving in front of them with no E is deceiving...and to post a screenshot of it (again) to insinuate this a problem with MA gameplay is ...well....contrived.....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 03:36:49 PM »
You're saying that if you get the enemy to kill their wingmen on accident it doesn't count?  To me that deserves bonus points.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »
You're saying that if you get the enemy to kill their wingmen on accident it doesn't count?  To me that deserves bonus points.

Most times you are stall fighting/turnfighting in a furball situation you get guys to die this way...of course it counts towards your stats...but i dont think of them as earned kills....his only "move" was a loop, ho, and fly straight....yes kill shooter is your friend when outnumbered....but only if the guy in front can't shoot worth a darn and won't get out of the way... :cool:

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »
It's nice that you don't get all thin skinned and can take a straight talk, I appreciate that too. Disagreements are catalyst for getting to the bottom of things, I hope you and I understand each other on that.. If that's agreed on, it doesn't really matter whether or not we have any other interests in common.

But you're right, Saavik just pops out of existence, Noble levels himself into the ground, and Pounder rams Scotch.. I never looked at the film from Scotch's end because this would have been the n-th time he does it.  Him, Agent, Sads, and Dano just get into these sorts of moshpits and regularly take out half of them before getting shot to pieces.
HO-ing in a 5+:1 though, is nothing to criticize as unfair I think.  What's he supposed to do, take the gangbang as a fair premise?

And it's definitely not contrived to post screenshots of gangbangs in the MA to point out how rampant this poop is. You're setting yourself up for a bad defeat on this last point.  If I don't have film and screenshots of that myself, I can easily gather evidence over the next couple of weeks.  I think you're just being incredulous the same way you were of Widewing, asking "just who the heck he is". 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:48:35 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »
This is a continuation of many threads that continually end the same way.   Is the "need for attention" this bad?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »
No offense humble but I have no idea what you are talking about....

I don't fly the ki-84...I didn't log on last weekend....I checked my stats and no ki84 flights for last tour....I dont remember fighting an a-20 of recent memory that was about to kill me....

I am Falcnwng in the game....there are many other Falcon related cpids.....

Hope to get to test my mettle against you in the air sometime.... :salute

Whoops, my bad...

I'm pretty much a weekend flier right now, I'm sure we'll meet up sooner or later:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
I'm really not looking to get into another pissing match with you but your point of view is biased...

i will preface by saying i wasn't there but...

7.  He posts his film and you hear 2 muppet voices who can obviously see the fight but don't help

just for the record, i've been in a few multiple con fights...all of which i lost. all of which i had squaddies within helping distance. they didn't. why? because i asked them to stay out. the fight was fun. they thought i was nuts, and got a decent laugh out of it. they also probably got a couple easy kills after i died too.

what i'm getting at, is that possibly he didn't want help.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »

I sometimes got more enjoyment of getting a maneuver kill in WB than shooting the plane down.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2009, 04:46:00 PM »

But to act like this was a "gangbang" situation when you readily admit you were staying out and he caused it by diving in front of them with no E is deceiving...and to post a screenshot of it (again) to insinuate this a problem with MA gameplay is ...well....contrived.....

Someone would have to be incredibly lazy to "contrive" a screenshot like this...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2009, 07:43:02 PM »
Someone would have to be incredibly lazy to "contrive" a screenshot like this...

Vudak
Did you bother to watch the film?   He puts himself in this situation...he did not need to dive into the path of so many fiters lifting out of an airbase but he chooses too (his other squaddies chose not too)....i won't go so far as to ascertain what his intent was at the time...lazy was not one of the moods i considered....

Moot we seem to talking parallel to each other....I'm not saying gangbangs don't exist...I'm not suggesting gangbangs are contrived....

Just after seeing 3 posts of poor ole scotch getting gangbanged i began to ask myself....what was the motivation behind these posts and how did the same poor ole guy always end up on film???
Luckily he posted the film.....I would LOVE for steve to post the film he took his screenshot from...(the whole film please).  If one views this film one quickly realizes there isn't an accident or hordes that are lurking around him that cause these "gangbang" screenshots...its the result of his concious decisions in flight to put himself there...and take screenshots....and post them with comments like 'ridiculous"....hmmm :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 07:56:04 PM by FALCONWING »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
We're not in parallel, if you think these gang bangs happen all because of the guy getting ganged, everytime.  Scotch & co chronically look for those fights, they get a kick out of it.  It's not always on purpose that they get ganged, but whether or not they purposedly get into those ganging mobs, the mobs are the same: They will gang you regardless of how cheap it is, of how little satisfaction there is in shooting over 6 other friendlies' shoulder for one measely kill with ZERO challenge or risk to show for it.
That's the point of posting it like Scotch did.  One puny P38G, and 6+ cons get all over it. 

The hordes do lurk around. I guess you need to see it for yourself, the same way you need to have Widewing back up that he isn't just some name next to lots of posts on the forum.  I'll post some screens/films.. No promises I don't forget to record it (like a dozen other things I'm supposed to keep track of), but I'll keep it in mind.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

If one views this film one quickly realizes there isn't an accident or hordes that are lurking around him that cause these "gangbang" screenshots...its the result of his concious decisions in flight to put himself there

What is he supposed to do? Not fly anywhere unless he has greater numbers flying along side him?

I believe right there is the real issue and how AH has changed...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »
We're not in parallel, if you think these gang bangs happen all because of the guy getting ganged, everytime.  Scotch & co chronically look for those fights, they get a kick out of it.  It's not always on purpose that they get ganged, but whether or not they purposedly get into those ganging mobs, the mobs are the same: They will gang you regardless of how cheap it is, of how little satisfaction there is in shooting over 6 other friendlies' shoulder for one measely kill with ZERO challenge or risk to show for it.
That's the point of posting it like Scotch did.  One puny P38G, and 6+ cons get all over it. 

The hordes do lurk around. I guess you need to see it for yourself, the same way you need to have Widewing back up that he isn't just some name next to lots of posts on the forum.  I'll post some screens/films.. No promises I don't forget to record it (like a dozen other things I'm supposed to keep track of), but I'll keep it in mind.

Well lets leave it at that...you have cleverly proved my point and thank you very much :aok  According to YOU...scotch purposefully gets ganged by flying into situations where it is bound to occur and then posts screenies to show how bad gameplay has deteriorated.  By your own admission you hover at high alt around these fights for amusement and don't dive in to help.  Im assuming when you say "Scotch & co" you mean others in your squad strive for the same thing.  Cool...I'll leave a 20 dollar bill on the sidewalk and say how bad society is when someone picks it up and keeps it.... :lol

Thanks for explaining from an insider's vantage how this occurs.  I'm sure this behavior builds credibility and doesn't suggest personal agendas...

Delirium...if i had higher alt squaddies i probably wouldn't dive in front of 6-9 enemy cons and blow my e...but that just me (actually from watching you fly..you wouldn't either...you're cleverer than that).  However if i did say "What the hell?" and dove in and died I wouldn't post screenies ridiculing those who killed me and suggest it was somehow their fault for the situation I put myself in.

I feel quite vindicated now...thanks :salute
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 08:09:00 PM by FALCONWING »

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 08:14:00 PM »
However if i did say "What the hell?" and dove in and died I wouldn't post screenies ridiculing those who killed me and suggest it was somehow their fault for the situation I put myself in.

No, you wouldn't ridicule those that killed you. You would likely go on another recruiting drive for your squadron to make up for the deficiency in numbers. Last I knew the Birds of PrAy were up to 71 people, total.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »
Haha look at falconweenie go
-AoM-