Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?  (Read 8911 times)

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
Re: Would anyone be interested in a few gv tips?
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 10:06:06 PM »
I actually used Firedrgns shooting over a hill tip today in a panzer, I'm glad I shot a veteran and not a noob or they would have cried 96 tears.

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 12:28:17 AM »
Ok...I have another one. This is a good one for defending town when buildings are down. What to do when someone shuts down on the other side of a building.   Shoot thru building with pintle gun first you will see sprites. Just line up with main gun. And drill them

(S)
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »
Heres an elementary tip: When parked in a gv always shift into neutral or your tank will rock back and forth when you fire :aok

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 12:18:10 PM »
You can shoot under hedge rows. killing the tank on the other side.... :devil

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2009, 12:20:58 PM »
If your moving  total turret swing time can be greatly reduced by turning you tank and turret at the same time.
<S>

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2009, 12:23:07 PM »
One shot tiger kills with panzer.................shoot them in the side right on the German symbol. 

<S>

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
Number of shots to kill differant tanks with M8  Yes i said kill....

Panzer====   2 shots kill      ..........smoke turret one......

M4======  2 shots
=
t34/ 85====== 3 shots  kill....smoke turret one....

t34 /76 ==== i stop counting after 3 its do-able but a good tanker can return fire befrore the 4 shot.

tiger==== m8 does not hold enough ammo :devil

<S>
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:32:30 PM by FireDrgn »

Offline slimmer

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
belial & firedrgn ty for the tip  :aok
Member: Hot Soup Mafia -chokin chickin noodle
 Army of Muppets

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »
How come in the Manual threads and this discussion no one talked about the Wirbelwind. This is my favorite G.V. ,also when you load supplies into a G.V. why does your picture view change? Thank You

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2009, 02:00:58 AM »
Most dont need tips for the Whirbly..... :devil

Offline ketinkrad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »
Gee I am very sorry, But I would like some tips from players more experienced then myself. If that is OK with you. Thank You

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2009, 08:10:26 PM »
Ketinrad the whirble is something that you must learn for yourself, next time a spawn is being bombed just keep upping and practicing aiming, there is no easy solution <S>.

Offline stroker71

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
Wirbelwind tips:  2k is max distance you can get hits...if someone says different they are WRONG!  They shoot a 20mm round FYI
                       Lead on your target depends on distance from you and thier speed and AOA....almost never the same twice
                       Wana get good????  Practice practice practice

And I think it's funny a spawn camper told someone to up wirbels at the spawn to kill the bomb****s....nice Belial...next you'll tell him the town is down and you need an M3!

Oh and GV tip number 1:  Watchout for my A20!
          GV tip number 2:  Only engage as many enemy tanks that you can kill...I took on 7-8 and only killed 5 of them today in one battle.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:24:18 PM by stroker71 »
Back to DuHasst
Here since tour 84
Quote by Uptown "It's one thing to play the game...quite another to live there."

Offline Demetrious

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2009, 05:44:27 AM »
And I think it's funny a spawn camper told someone to up wirbels at the spawn to kill the bomb****s....nice Belial...next you'll tell him the town is down and you need an M3!

This.

I don't think we really need somebody encouraging n00bs to spawncamp. Yes, I know there's many mixed and varied feelings on vulching in this game, but at least with vulching you can't complain when the enemy shows up with 10 P-47s and starts capping planes after they nail half the hangers. They're trying to take the field, and air superiority is part of that goal. Spawncamping vehicle spawns, however...? Well, I guess you need to "earn" the perk points for that Tiger somehow, right?

For the n00bs, though: do observe that camping is a good and viable tactic in GVs, just like it is/was in real war. Belial said something about hiding behind a hill with only your turret showing- this is called a "hull down" position and it is a great way to give yourself a tremendous advantage. You have effectively reduced your enemies target to just your turret, while ideally you can still target their entire machine. And then, of course, there's "keyholing," which is a fancy term to express the fact that you can only point your gun at one little part of the world at at time, whereas your tank is exposed to the entire world simultaneously. By carefully choosing your spot- like between two buildings, say- you can ensure that your tank is only visible to the wide, hostile world through that one "keyhole-" a keyhole you have your cannon trained on. In short, the only spot an enemy can get a shot at you is the same spot you've got your gun pointed at. Nobody can threaten you without you threatening them, and having a chance to get a shot off.

Often you won't get a perfect position, so do what you can. Use a building to shield your side, the side where you know/expect the enemy to come from, and train your gun on the area just beyond that corner.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2009, 11:23:25 AM »
I dont know what your trying to say Duhasst, I merely meant that the lad should go where he will find action....

P.S. you just sound like a jerk, I made this topic to help people.