Author Topic: "Noob Planes"  (Read 1953 times)

Offline VonShiza

• Zinc Member
"Noob Planes"
« on: April 10, 2009, 06:16:19 AM »
I absolutely enjoy flying the Spitfire and I think I do pretty well with it.  I fly the Spit not only for it's in game flying, but for it's valued history and good looks.  Although some may say it is a "noob" plane, I disagree and think there is no such thing as a "noob" plane.  I think of myself as a pretty formidable foe in the Spit and my overall score, (I think) is not too bad, averaging out at around 890 or so.  (And that's with a horrible score in vehicles, cuz I hate driving)

I know of many people that can take a P-51 or P-38 and get an unheard of amount of kills in them and those are pretty easy to fly.  What they are hard at, is to master.

Seriously, this "noob" plane crap should be thrown out.  If you get shot down by a noob in a steady rock-solid flying machine then that is your fault for allowing him to HO you or get on your six.  Shame on you but don't blame it on the plane.  Fly to have fun and fly what works best for you. 
Buzzards Rule! / Squad Lead 510th Buzzards / Air Force SSgt 8 years / F-16 avionics technician

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: "Noob Planes"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
If you get shot down by a noob in a steady rock-solid flying machine then that is your fault for allowing him to HO you or get on your six.  Shame on you but don't blame it on the plane.  Fly to have fun and fly what works best for you. 

:aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 07:00:58 AM »
I flew an LA7 last night and it cheerd my day up. I took it up, and almost everything flew in my sights, and by 10 kills, I thought I would land. It's too bad that I didn't get to, because I got my wing sawed off before I could get back, but I did enjoy that.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »
If you want to fly it.....fly it. I fly my favorite and you should too. :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline lazydog

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 07:11:17 AM »
i fly mostly the hurri 2 and hear the same crap.and ill fly the fm2 and still hear it.i say fly the plane the fits your style of flying and have the most fun in .and just not listen to the crap :salute

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 07:26:35 AM »
fly LAs and dont give a crap what people say. I never whine about the plane when i get shot down thats the worst whine out there.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 07:46:50 AM »
Enjoy and have fun, that is all that truly matters... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »
I absolutely enjoy flying the Spitfire and I think I do pretty well with it.  I fly the Spit not only for it's in game flying, but for it's valued history and good looks.  Although some may say it is a "noob" plane, I disagree and think there is no such thing as a "noob" plane.  I think of myself as a pretty formidable foe in the Spit and my overall score, (I think) is not too bad, averaging out at around 890 or so.  (And that's with a horrible score in vehicles, cuz I hate driving)

I know of many people that can take a P-51 or P-38 and get an unheard of amount of kills in them and those are pretty easy to fly.  What they are hard at, is to master.

Seriously, this "noob" plane crap should be thrown out.  If you get shot down by a noob in a steady rock-solid flying machine then that is your fault for allowing him to HO you or get on your six.  Shame on you but don't blame it on the plane.  Fly to have fun and fly what works best for you.

Hmmmm, I never thought about it as flying some plane. I always thought it was the pilot. Go figure.

Ren

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 07:55:23 AM »

They call it a "Noob plane" because its so easy to fly and get kills in. It requires less effort and less skill to as you say "master" then many of the other planes.

The spit can make a poor pilot ok, an ok pilot decent, a decent pilot good, and a good pilot great. ( pilot who sucks, will suck no matter the plane til he learns to be a poor pilot)
It is the tricycle with training wheels.

I fly the 190 alot. Hardly an easy plane to fly let alone master I seem to do reasonably well in them (this tour excluded LOL)

If you really want to improve on that ranking. Fy the other planes  enough to become at least "ok" in them. Learn what they can and cant do well.
And when you go back to your spit. You will find these planes even easier to kill. (though this statement holds true whichever your ride choice is)
But along the way. You may even find as to why. Folks call the spit a "noob plane"

A pilot of just about anything else will have an easier time adapting to a spit. then a spit driver will have adapting to flying just about anything else.

But as others have mentioned. its your money. your fun.
Fly whatever makes YOU happy.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 07:55:32 AM »

FIrst off, fly what ever you want. As long as your having fun and not "griefing" other players go for it.

The spits have the name of dweeb planes because they are easier to fly, easy to get kills in, easy to recover in a spin, and easy to escape with if need be, so a lot of "dweebs" fly them. It is the number 1 recommended plane for the new guys to try. But it's just a "name". The LA and the Nik also fall into that category. Other names are the RunStang (P51), the Run90 (FW190), the little bomber (P38), most of the 190 series is considered the HO machines, and I'm sure there are many others.

Don't let it bother you, It's never going to change. The spit has been always know as the "dweebfire"... well for as long as I've been playing (15+ years in three different games).

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 08:03:50 AM »
most of the 190 series is considered the HO machines, and I'm sure there are many others.

Don't let it bother you, It's never going to change. The spit has been always know as the "dweebfire"... well for as long as I've been playing (15+ years in three different games).

I only HO in retaliation to a HO or when vastly outnumbered. and then sometimes not even then.
I run (extend) when I cannot maneuver anymore as its foolish for a 190 to continue to turn fight planes like the spit or the 109NIK or KI. Or to set up position.
and I am just as likely to take a fight up. As I am away. It all depends on the circumstance.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 08:09:38 AM »

i fly the p38 almost exclusivley. i suck in it too. but i have fun. i constantly hear crap though, mostly from guys in little wiggly planes. they complain because i won't get low and slow with them in a knife fight. i fly them the way they work for me. that means keeping somewhat fast, and vertical.
 sometimes i'll take out a 38G, and get into the middle of a furball, or simply a good fun 1-1...which often ends up being a many vs 1(me being the one), and THAT turns into fun.

you're right.....they're not noob planes, although in most situations, they are considerably easier to fight in, than something like a p38, p51, fw190, etc.(i flew the spit5, and 9 while i was learning, along with the hurri and zeek, then moved on to the rides i love). you'll get people complaining......ignore em. those particular people will ALWAYS find something to complain about. if you got out of your spit, and into a pony, and beat em, they'll still whine. it seems to be a growing trend in the arenas.

have fun dude!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline expat

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 09:58:56 AM »
Fly what you want when you want .All this dweeb plane  this dweeb plane that is pants !The spitfire was a nice plane to fly by all acount's for a reason , back then you got about 9-10 hours on it before you were let loose in combat so dont slagg the spitfire in game for being realistic(ish )
The things that should be the topic  are divebombing heavy bombers , and my all time favourite ,  the buff that drops then bails  , these 2 tactics are dweebery in it's purest form
goggles on ,chocks away, last one backs a homo  hooraaaaaaaaay!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 10:02:31 AM »
Fly what you want when you want .All this dweeb plane  this dweeb plane that is pants !The spitfire was a nice plane to fly by all acount's for a reason , back then you got about 9-10 hours on it before you were let loose in combat so dont slagg the spitfire in game for being realistic(ish )
The things that should be the topic  are divebombing heavy bombers , and my all time favourite ,  the buff that drops then bails  , these 2 tactics are dweebery in it's purest form

heh...i just got 3 free kills the other night...from divebombing lancs. took the wing off of one, while hhe was lining up....he turned so hard to realign, he lost a drone, and i was shooting him as he dovce right into the ground for the third.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 10:07:14 AM »
As long as you get your kills, that counts  :D