Author Topic: "Noob Planes"  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: "Noob Planes"
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »
Yup, P-38L is easymode, not as easy as a Spit XVI, but still easy.

There are no dweeb planes though, just dweeb players.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 01:10:54 PM »
Yup, P-38L is easymode, not as easy as a Spit XVI, but still easy.

There are no dweeb planes though, just dweeb players.

So is the J and the G somewhat.  The only thing that keeps the G from being an easy mode plane as the J and the L is the armor glass that obstructs the forward vision over the nose.  Other than that, I would venture to say the G is easy to fly than the J and the L.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »
G lacks the power and acceleration to be truly easymode I think.  The J is to the L what the Spit VIII is to the Spit XVI, more or less.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 01:15:02 PM »
I think a panzer is a dweeb plane or maybe a wobblewhirl whatever that is.

Ren

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 01:19:19 PM »
P-38 is definitely an EZ-Mode plane, though only gets the Dweeb moniker when Mensa flies it.

ack-ack

i don't find any of the p38's to be even remotely easymode......but then, i don';t have thousands of hours in them either.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 01:19:55 PM »
Personality manifests itself quite efficiently in play-style.

:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »
Personality manifests itself quite efficiently in play-style.

I disagree. Personality may be briefly detectable in one's actions in the arena but play style does not ultimately determine personality. To suggest that a person's sense of gaming ethics, which is all playing style could reflect, truly depicts an entire personality is narrow minded and in my view false.

Personality comes out in the interactions between players after and during a fight (or even on these forums), It is a totaly seperate ball park to gaming style.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »
Taunting is an AH and BBS pastime.  Pity.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
The La7 is called a "noob plane" and 95% of the Arena hasn't a clue of it's potential.   THOSE are the people I laugh at.
LOL LA isnt a noob plane. An HO Dweeb plane for most that fly it as 95% of the time thats all they do in them.

Your right. most dont know the LA's potential.
Took one up for a few flights a tour or two ago to refamiliourise myself with it.
While it will never have the long legs of the P51
Amazing the long legs it does have  if you manage the throttle & RPM settings. You can go a farly long distance and get pretty high,Fight, and still have enough fuel to get you home if you do it right. And its an evil witch in the right hands
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
LOL LA isnt a noob plane. An HO Dweeb plane for most that fly it as 95% of the time thats all they do in them.

Your right. most dont know the LA's potential.
Took one up for a few flights a tour or two ago to refamiliourise myself with it.
While it will never have the long legs of the P51
Amazing the long legs it does have  if you manage the throttle & RPM settings. You can go a farly long distance and get pretty high,Fight, and still have enough fuel to get you home if you do it right. And its an evil witch in the right hands

You have a short memory, Dred. Before the spixteen, the la7 was the noob plane of choice.. it's a noob plane.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »
all planes are easy to fly here.  Being good in one, is another story.  Some planes are more forgiving than others, they let you recover from mistakes that if made against a similar pilot of equal skill could easily end up costing you.  Personally, I find turn fighting in spits much easier than turn fighting a 38 against a well flown spit.  That said you can fly any plane as a dweeb or as a noob.  Heck, you can take a p40 to 20k and pick if you want, might find some easy kills....making the plane easy to kill in.  Really though, who cares. fly what you like and have fun...otherwise what's the point?  It's much easier if you just fly a plane that you enjoy and let everyone else worry about it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:50:32 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 07:11:58 PM »
The way I see it...

Anyone who complains that an LA7 or Spit16 is a "Noob" plane has completely ignored the simple fact that they too could up in an LA7 or Spit16 and use their own super duper superior cartoon pilot mad skilzzzz to shoot the "noob" down....

Sure a plane like a Spit 16 may allow for sloppier flying against a lesser aircraft.  But a noob pilot in a Spit 16 will still get outclassed by a better pilot in the same ride.

So, essentially, someone who chooses not to fly whatever "noob" ride, is simply providing himself a greater challenge.  Which is his own personal choice.  Blaming the "noob" pilot for your own choice is really...  Well...  Let's call it "dweebish", just for fun.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 07:14:27 PM »
I fly the Ki-84 mostly. So many times people have called me out on being in my trainer ride and uber turner... this guy in a spit16 running away from me once, I called him out on 200 saying id give him my six... he replies "U think im gonna turn with a zeke dweeb???"

:rolleyes:

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »
"Blaming the "noob" pilot for your own choice is really"

I dont think a single poster has said so. And no one seems to be complaining that the XVI's a noob plane. Just arguing that it is, in fact. The real fuel for argument is people who try and say it's not.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 07:23:33 PM »
I fly the Ki-84 mostly. So many times people have called me out on being in my trainer ride and uber turner... this guy in a spit16 running away from me once, I called him out on 200 saying id give him my six... he replies "U think im gonna turn with a zeke dweeb???"

:rolleyes:
It is amazing how that "Every Japanese fighter is a Zero and all Japanese fighters are unarmored" line of thought has stuck around.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-