Author Topic: chess piece "patriots"  (Read 4484 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: chess piece "patriots"
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 02:29:28 PM »
No offense Fred but Moot is right, at least as far as my thought process goes(I won't speak for others), as I've stated.

I guess I'm not getting my point across.  I'll say it again a little differently.

I don't care if someone switches sides.  I don't treat them any differently than anyone else. I am saying, let me make sure I am clear here,  because someone switches sides, I do not think it leads to hording.  Matter of fact, I would think it would have more of the oppsite effect. 

So my point is, there is very little, if any, effect that switching sides has anything to do with hording, so why was hording even brought up in this thread.  That is my point.

I hope I am clear this time.   :salute

Fred
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:32:23 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
Horde = target rich if you're opposite = target poor if you're with em.
The first instance of horde, "why hording was brought up in this thread", is that people who cry spy are no good in fighters and more or less consequently horde. No relation with switching... The link I see between hordes and switching is the other way around from yours.  Hordes cause switching. I don't see switching causing hordes as significantly prevalent ..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:31:54 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »
I  because someone switches sides I do not think it leads to hording.  Matter of fact I would think it would have more of the oppsite effect. 

Quite right. For myself and my mates, the hordeing leads to side switching.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 02:43:06 PM »
The first instance of horde, "why hording was brought up in this thread", is that people who cry spy are no good in fighters and more or less consequently horde. No relation with switching... The link I see between hordes and switching is the other way around from yours.  Hordes cause switching. I don't see switching causing hordes as significantly prevalent ..

What part of my posts did you not read?  The other way around from me?

Here is the first post.

I pledge allegiance to my chess piece  :huh
Fellas this is a game. You are missing out on 2/3rds of the community if you stick with just one country. We came back bish to fly with a few Friends and I get " don't trust them, they switch sides"  :noid :noid :lol.
I can totally understand adopting one certain one that your more comfortable with, but don't shun the guys that are there to help you out.  :salute

Where does it state or criticizes someones fighting ability (skill)?  Where does it make any statement concerning hording effects side switching? It is simply a post criticizing how people who switch sides are treated.  I also happen to agree with TRALFZ that this happens.

I give up, you just stated what I have been saying, but you state I'm not saying it.

I surrender.

Fred 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:45:36 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2009, 03:01:00 PM »
Where does it state or criticizes someones fighting ability (skill)?  Where does it make any statement concerning hording effects side switching? It is simply a post criticizing how people who switch sides are treated.  I also happen to agree with TRALFZ that this happens.
why was hording even brought up in this thread. 
viz.
The people that cry spy are the people that are hopeless in fighters, and are average at best in everything else. Their use of the horde makes them self-delusional as to their own skill level. Who cares about these people in game?

I am saying, let me make sure I am clear here,  because someone switches sides, I do not think it leads to hording.  Matter of fact, I would think it would have more of the oppsite effect.
So you're saying hording leads people to stay on that side and join in on the hording?
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2009, 03:28:53 PM »
Moot, I stand corrected, I did miss an important sentence in your post.

The link I see between hordes and switching is the other way around from yours.

I guess you need to tell me what my opinion is.  I guess I need to go back and review my posts to see if I was unclear about something.  My only opinion is, I think side switching has very little or no effect or wheather a county is conducting horde missions.

Actually I don't think I really offered any opinion other than I don't think side switching has any real effect one way or another.  I don't think it causes hordes or defeats them.  I don't think players switch because of the hordes, I think they switch because of numbers, or maybe they just want to fly with some friends.

My point is and was in my first post, though I may have been unclear, this thread is about how people who switch sides, for any reason, are often treated differently by players of certain countries.  I happen to agree that this happens, and I don't think this is the attitude players should exhibit.  In my first post I was just making a point as to why hording was even brought up, since I feel side switching has no impact one way or another. 

Hordes cause switching. I don't see switching causing hordes as significantly prevalent ..

I agree with you that switching sides is little or no impact on hording, but I don't necessarily agree that people switching because of horde missions is in any way an impact on the game.  That is my opinion, I have no statistics to support my position.

Fred
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:00:54 PM by bmwgs »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2009, 03:35:43 PM »
Well. If there is a horde on a country would you rather:

1-Stay in the horde get only assists maybe 1 kill run out of fuel, land and repeat?
                                        Or
2-Switch countries and go kill people in the horde then run away and land?

Option #1 seems like a huge waste of time to me.
Strokes

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »
I agree tralf we have fun hoppin around when we get the urge to. We get to say high and fly with those we have either been shot down by or shot down in the past. Those that vow their allegiance to one chess piece really do miss out. :rock :aok

Offline sethipus

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2009, 05:18:48 PM »
My squad, VF 15 Satan's Playmates, play Knights.  So I play Knight when my squadmates are around.  Often, they aren't.  Then I'll either fly with some other Knight squad, or if some Killuminatis are on, I'll switch to Bish and fight with them.  I'm a member of the Killuminatis in the Friday Squad Ops special events arena.

I used to hold this "I'm a knight" identity pretty seriously, and think badly of switching sides, but then I got involved in the FSO (friday squad ops) and scenarios, and started flying with a lot of different people, who play on different sides in the MAs.  I would be flying with guys I knew as Bish or Rooks in the MAs, and killing guys who I knew as Knights in the MAs.

It made me realize that it doesn't really matter which side I'm on.  The game is the same, only the names are changed.  And once you get to know enough of the people from the "other side", it becomes fun to go over and fly with them sometimes too.

That being said, I don't take any information with me when I switch, such as the location of Knight or Bish CV groups, or planned missions or whatever.  Doing that would be pretty lame.

ps:  oh, and I don't go Rook.  Yeck, that would be just awful...   :devil
pps:  just kidding, though I seriously haven't found any good reasons to go rook for a very long time.   :rock
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:21:31 PM by sethipus »

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2009, 05:42:19 PM »
I've flown bishop for my entire AH career (I have flown knights briefly though).  Reason being, I never felt the need to switch, plus my squad is all bish.

Anyway, the other night I actually got accused of spying... when I was on the bishop side... after I had just logged in... and said "Heya bish, anything good?"

I couldn't believe it... :confused:
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »
Yet when I'm bishop, they delete all mission with less than 15-20 people.  To them it takes 40 or more just to take a base.  

Exaggeration's:

:rofl  I bet you tell your "significant other" (pc) that your 2 inches is the norm too.......   :rofl

I don't think players switch because of the hordes, I think they switch because of numbers, or maybe they just want to fly with some friends.

I agree with you BMW, This has obviously redefined itself according to some, since it was discussed before that switching sides was to even out the numbers to prevent a cap on the amount of players in an arena from HT, and now its because of hordes?   :rolleyes:   

Somebody make up my mind.....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 08:44:12 AM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2009, 09:12:54 AM »
My squad, VF 15 Satan's Playmates, play Knights.  So I play Knight when my squadmates are around.  Often, they aren't.  Then I'll either fly with some other Knight squad, or if some Killuminatis are on, I'll switch to Bish and fight with them.  I'm a member of the Killuminatis in the Friday Squad Ops special events arena.

I used to hold this "I'm a knight" identity pretty seriously, and think badly of switching sides, but then I got involved in the FSO (friday squad ops) and scenarios, and started flying with a lot of different people, who play on different sides in the MAs.  I would be flying with guys I knew as Bish or Rooks in the MAs, and killing guys who I knew as Knights in the MAs.

It made me realize that it doesn't really matter which side I'm on.  The game is the same, only the names are changed.  And once you get to know enough of the people from the "other side", it becomes fun to go over and fly with them sometimes too.

That being said, I don't take any information with me when I switch, such as the location of Knight or Bish CV groups, or planned missions or whatever.  Doing that would be pretty lame.

ps:  oh, and I don't go Rook.  Yeck, that would be just awful...   :devil
pps:  just kidding, though I seriously haven't found any good reasons to go rook for a very long time.   :rock
And you steal  peoples SEA  squad! :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
Hello All,

The Pigs on The Wing have a 9+ year tradition of fighting for the Knights only.  I think no more or no less of those that choose to swap around or have no squad traditions like my own.  Fly and fight where you are happy!

Have a great day,

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Twist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »
I was a Bz-lander in AW3 and came over here with a squad as a Rook. I've been with 4 Rook squads over the years, never felt like I was missing out on anything and still don't.

I did switch to bish once, just for a change of pace. Upon my return they burned my clothes and I had to go through delousing before they let me back into Rookland. The things I saw...still give me nightmares. I saw ten guys chase down one sheep and thought there was something oddly familiar about that scene. And they have this bar they tried to get me into, The Blue Oyster I think it was....well I won't spoil the surprise, you find out for yourself.

I say to each his own, it's their money and time.
Razer

Hellcat FG

"They porked the Hellcat? Why did they do that?"

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2009, 02:51:04 PM »
I love the BBS.  Only 9 posts in about side switching, and now its the horde's fault.  Got to love this game.   :lol

Fred

It's always the hordes fault... :uhoh
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace