Author Topic: Defining good gameplay  (Read 6516 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Defining good gameplay
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:11:12 PM »
I logged in this morning and found some squaddies in Blue arena. We took some P51s up and ran around at high speeds trying to shoot people down. Eventualy we pushed all the 20k+ cons down and circled off their base picking off anyone brave enough to fight us, although we missed most of our shots from laughing at some really disgracefull jokes. Finally we got overrun by spits and an la7s and had to high tail it home. I just thought to myself, man....If something in this game doesnt change soon I'm... just going to...play for as long as possible. Redtop has the most jokes but i think i capped the offensive jokes table today. 1 up to shameless joke from batfink, oh yes. (im not posting that film or half the squad would get banned). I ran a few mossie sweeps deffending a base from CV attack after which turned out to be quite fruitfull!

Then later i met up with BnZs in the DA and we decided to test The 190A5s performance with 4x20 copared to 2x20mm. We fought over the ocean at 10,000ft for an hour or so trying all the combinations of ammo loaded or ammo dumped aside from fighting with no ammo at all. He proved his point i think that above 6k or so the 4 gun A5 performs well enough to beat the 2 gun A5. The difference is so marginal but clearly still there and most noticable on the deck where there is no room to dive or regain lost energy. He shot me down a load of times in a 2x20mm only and dump the MGs fight although some of the fights lasted 10 mins or more.

Just today, nothing major. But it gets under my skin, the fun in this game these days. Anyone else having too much fun and just need to get it off their chest? Its so annoying being able to dogfight 90 odd WW2 planes against real people all over the world 24 hours a day 365 days a year, isnt it?

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
Re: Defining good gameplay
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:17:44 PM »
Yea i have had alot of fun aslo. I like how you are concentrating on the good not the bad. Its good to be an optimist. :aok
Strokes

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:23:46 PM »
daaaamn, youre fast dude  :O

:salute
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:40:37 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
Using furballers to take bases so i can hear them complain. :lol

A friendly attitude toward other players

Tries to not talk smack even if they deserve it... A rule I hold everywhere but in the DA

Help others in any way you can

Give Salute or some other form of congrats on a GOOD fight that's either won, or lost.....I forget to do this sometimes

Don't run from 1v1's

Don't fly at 20k looking to pick then once engauged run to deck for ack or cover.

Try to fight till dead, ...out of ammo, ...fuel or just damaged so bad it makes no sense to continue. I got a good score and don't work hard to get it. I hardly ever land proving that running from fights won't increase your skill or score.

Offline smokey23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 12:02:42 AM »
Using furballers to take bases so i can hear them complain. :lol

A friendly attitude toward other players

Tries to not talk smack even if they deserve it... A rule I hold everywhere but in the DA

Help others in any way you can

Give Salute or some other form of congrats on a GOOD fight that's either won, or lost.....I forget to do this sometimes

Don't run from 1v1's

Don't fly at 20k looking to pick then once engauged run to deck for ack or cover.

Try to fight till dead, ...out of ammo, ...fuel or just damaged so bad it makes no sense to continue. I got a good score and don't work hard to get it. I hardly ever land proving that running from fights won't increase your skill or score.

+1  :aok

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 12:20:28 AM »
Desire the kill so badly you can taste it, so badly that you put in the study and the time in practice until the flying and shooting is as natural and breathing, 'till the maneuvers become so concise and simple that those lacking eyes to see will say "So what?" because they can't see the blood, sweat, and tears that went into being a master of yourself and your environment in  momentous milliseconds that decide all.

You don't have to give the other guy an even chance to survive or kill you, indeed it is better if you do not, the combat isn't truly pure unless all are trying to both kill (kill another manned machine that is) *and* survive. But strategy not JUST about winning using any means available, it is also about finding a way to survive and even win when no means are apparent.

Forget not your dignity as a predator though. You are a lion on the hill, a hawk in the sun, a wolf in the pack, a viper in the grass, not a buzzard fighting twenty other buzzards for a carcass.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 12:28:38 AM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:27:49 AM »

Just today, nothing major. But it gets under my skin, the fun in this game these days. Anyone else having too much fun and just need to get it off their chest? Its so annoying being able to dogfight 90 odd WW2 planes against real people all over the world 24 hours a day 365 days a year, isnt it?

:aok Best...Post...Ever!!!
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 06:24:37 AM »
Yeah I have so much fun from the highs that the lows do get under my skin. Especially given that they could be raised to beyond tolerable if only some players made a tiny effort.  The way I dull that frustration is with token "kumbaya" relativism. It's sure to make a difference.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »
Organizing/coordinating players to work together and meet objectives.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 08:54:19 AM »
After getting hit in the turret of your T34 five times without taking damage, and hitting your opponent's once or twice to smoke his...three engagements in a row...and then taking him to the TA to show him how you did it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 12:33:50 PM »
awesome! 9 replies from 199 views on 'good gameplay' in almost 24 hours.

I wonder where exactly the problem with gameplay lies then  :rofl

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
Good gameplay means a furball where it's even odds, or to my disadvantage. I like it when both sides can climb out, not one side playing helicopter over the field. I guess good gameplay is where I'm getting shot at, as much as I'm shooting at them.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 03:49:00 PM »
awesome! 9 replies from 199 views on 'good gameplay' in almost 24 hours.

I wonder where exactly the problem with gameplay lies then  :rofl

Well there's a lot more to talk about in defining bad game play opposed to good.

More people are quickly inclined to complain and ridicule than compliment or make any positive statements.
 In general, it's going to be a short subject thread. Chances are it'll barely make it past the 1st page...... who wants to hear about good game play? :O

Heard a phrase on the news about truth, lies and gossip. Gossip and lie's can travel 1/2 way across the world before the truth decides to even put it's shoes on.

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 03:57:09 PM »
Organizing/coordinating players to work together and meet objectives.

+1  :aok

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
Yay!!!! No fighting

Yet :noid
Strokes