Author Topic: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......  (Read 3448 times)

Offline DJ111

• Silver Member
Re: Good reason to have a conceal and carry permit......
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2009, 11:11:33 PM »
Pull a gun on them and out come the blades. More likely they will kill you painfully if you shot a few of them.

HA!

HAHA!

and HA again!

I would LOVE to see them get close enough after I've already dropped 10-15 of their buddies, I guarantee I can do at least 1 tac reload and empty the mags before they even get close enough for a single slice on me.

The thought that someone would charge a person gunning down the people in front of you is insane, more so when the group only has knives.

Oh...

HA!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:24:14 PM by DJ111 »
Retired CO of the ancient **Flying Monkeys** CT squadron.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2009, 11:31:10 PM »
In high school a heated debate about friggin football scalated.  At one point a gun was drawn and shot several times.  One of the guys being fired upon ran toward the shooter, took the gun and pistol whipped him with it.

Out goes the scared s-less theory in my book.  People will charge you even if you fire.

Especially if you cant fire your weapon accurately.

Still, Id rather be armed and trained than defensless and beaten with my wife having to hide my son in the bushes while my 19yr old daughter tried to save me.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2009, 12:02:40 AM »
In high school a heated debate about friggin football scalated.  At one point a gun was drawn and shot several times.  One of the guys being fired upon ran toward the shooter, took the gun and pistol whipped him with it.

People will charge you even if you fire.

Ya riiiiight.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2009, 12:11:39 AM »
Anyone who thinks this gang of youths was something serious and truly dangerous should do some reading about football gangs in england through the 80s and 90s. Just regular teenage and early 20s boys like your gang of rascists there. Against fifty of those football loving lads you've got a serious problem with or without your gun.

If you stood up to them without a weapon, one vs fifty and said 'come on then' they would probably put you on the floor once then laugh and buy you a beer just because you got that much front to not run.

Pull a gun on them and out come the blades. More likely they will kill you painfully if you shot a few of them.

It's all a matter of perspective from where you live.

Naive doesn't begin to describe the quote.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2009, 12:12:13 AM »
Ya riiiiight.

Plano 1993

Why would i make it up?

It's fluffied up Steve, I know.  Football is ridiculous here.  With youth, stupidity, drugs, and missguided pride, why is this so hard to believe?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:16:59 AM by DMBEAR »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2009, 02:12:51 AM »
 The truth of the situation here is that weapons would have only increased the stakes. For those of you that do carry a weapon that must be a hell of a feeling of power and one you never would want to be without again. I can understand why you defend the possition so strongly without realising im not even challenging your right to carry a gun.

You all jump on me and take whatever meaning you like from my post about football gangs. I dont think any of you saw my point very well.

Just the very act of drawing a weapon would be a very big mistake in the country i live in unless you intended to kill a person or people. Please don't insult my intelligence by assuming you know more about my country than me. Generally speaking, not pulling out a weapon is the best way to stop anyone getting hurt.

Also please try to remember there has been firearms related crime in my country since before America.

no disrespect intended to anyone, tierd of the debate now.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Die Hard

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2009, 02:18:32 AM »
Mechanic, the thing is no one cares about your country and your football hooligans, because this thread is about a guy in Ohio who got assaulted by a teenage gang.
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.

-Gandhi

Offline Roundeye

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2009, 09:17:53 AM »
  Please don't insult my intelligence by assuming you know more about my country than me.

That is EXACTLY how we feel.

You obviously have not had contact with any gangs in the U.S.  These are groups of very violent people who will not hesitate to put you in the ground.  They will not apologize, they will not buy you a beer or feel any remorse for killing anything that gets in their way.

The gang in this original post posed a great threat to the man and his family.  He was very very lucky that he or a family member was not killed or worse.  The "there were no guns involved" argument exists because he DID NOT HAVE one strapped on.  There is no doubt in my mind that if he had one and knew how to use it, things would have ended very differently (to his advantage).

The speculation that the attackers would have rushed him if he fired is complete hogwash.  Go to liveleak.com and pull some videos of the protesters in Iran.  These are people that are VERY driven to obtain freedom.  Something so many have fought and died for in battles over the years.  There is not much more than the cause of freedom that will incite a person to grab a weapon and fight to the end.  With all this in mind, look how fast the crowds run for cover when even one shot was fired.
"Rotorhed"

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2009, 11:13:10 AM »
For those of you that do carry a weapon that must be a hell of a feeling of power

Now he's going to tell us what we feel?

No its not a "hell o a feeling of power". Tho anti-gun folks, or those that have never shot one, have trouble believing that. Its the whole Movie/Media thing about guns and violence from whence they get their views.

I dont feel any more, or less, powerful when strapped. And there are times Im not.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »
Hey, it's his choice to live the life of a rabbit, potential supper for every mangy coyote out there.

Might as well let him be.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Apeotomy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:23:05 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2009, 02:30:42 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:23:19 PM by Skuzzy »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
This man was lucky to have his life. Even if this man had adequate means to defend himself there is not a court in Ohio that would let him go free with no charges, if he started shooting into that crowd.

Really? And your basis for this is?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »
See Rule #5

And you are?

This man was lucky to have his life. Even if this man had adequate means to defend himself there is not a court in Ohio that would let him go free with no charges, if he started shooting into that crowd.

You simply have no knowledge in this area. I suggest you Google "Ohio Castle Doctrine" to inform yourself. The victim in the particular case was legally occupying the space in which he was attacked.

Good day.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:23:56 PM by Skuzzy »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:24:10 PM by Skuzzy »