Author Topic: *Attention* B-25H Skinners!  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Stryker

• Copper Member
*Attention* B-25H Skinners!
« on: August 27, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »
I have a request, ive come across a B-25H called "Powerhouse" (noted in my previous post about the noseart)
but this is a formal request for one of the "few" b25h skinners out there to skin powerhouse for me

heres a link ive found that has quite a bit of information on the plane and its captain

http://home.mchsi.com/~anderson.kevin/roy_powerhouse.html

-Gambit :salute
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 07:37:52 PM by Stryker »
Lt Cmdr Gambit
The Aggressor Squadron
65th AGRS, 57th ATG
"Terror In The Skies"

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: *Attention* B-25H Skinners!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:54:24 AM »
Its a nice noseart Stryker, but without a tail number for the aircraft it was applied to there isn't enough info to make a skin of it.

Offline Strip

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:28:33 AM »
There were several tail numbers in there towards the bottom....

Admittedly they were best guesses by the author tho.

Offline Stryker

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:09:17 AM »
B-25H "Powerhouse" tail number 43-4498

Lt Cmdr Gambit
The Aggressor Squadron
65th AGRS, 57th ATG
"Terror In The Skies"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 09:23:02 AM »
B-25H "Powerhouse" tail number 43-4498

No that is Dutch.

Offline Stryker

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 09:47:41 AM »
No that is Dutch.

look at that tail number again lyric.. Dutch is "34"-4498
Powerhouse is "43"-4498..

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:50:13 AM by Stryker »
Lt Cmdr Gambit
The Aggressor Squadron
65th AGRS, 57th ATG
"Terror In The Skies"

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 10:15:45 AM »
look at that tail number again lyric.. Dutch is "34"-4498
Powerhouse is "43"-4498..

Sorry no. Tail numbers don't list the decade on the actual aircraft in most cases so the first digit 4 would represent the fourties then they also don't show the dash on the aircraft. The second number is 3 that would be the year of the decade so 1943 is the year of this aircrafts manufacturing date. So in this case Dutch is 43-4498. They abbreviate the number on the plane so all you see on Dutch is 34498 you added a # 4 by mistake.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:49:56 AM by lyric1 »

Offline Stryker

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 07:07:57 AM »
bump bump

still searching for a good info depo on powerhouse, got to see this b25 in the game.. i'd never stop flyin it
Lt Cmdr Gambit
The Aggressor Squadron
65th AGRS, 57th ATG
"Terror In The Skies"

Offline Stryker

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 08:04:10 AM »
STILL lookin... if anyone wants to help find info on this plane i'd greatly appreciate it, maybe a lost cause.. but for H flyers like myself it feels worth it. think it'd be a popular skin in the game
Lt Cmdr Gambit
The Aggressor Squadron
65th AGRS, 57th ATG
"Terror In The Skies"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »
You should ask Dan/GuppyJr.  he's our resident military historian detective, if it can be found, he'll find it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 01:49:35 AM »
STILL lookin... if anyone wants to help find info on this plane I'd greatly appreciate it, maybe a lost cause.. but for H flyers like myself it feels worth it. think it'd be a popular skin in the game
The simplest & best way to find this out to me is in the photo of Dutch.

Now based off the info the nephew collected about his uncle he has done his home work but has hit a brick wall.

http://home.mchsi.com/~anderson.kevin/roy_powerhouse.html http://forum.armyairforces.com/Update-on-the-B25-Powerhouse-m104947.aspx

I think based off what I can ascertain from his web page the pictures of Powerhouse came from his cousins. So the original photo of Dutch above is from a fellow crew member Donald C Robertson who left them to his son. I have tried to blow this picture up larger & it is just to messy to get a read of the tail number in the back ground.

So you need to try & get the original photo or even better the negative & see if you can get a clearer photo of the plane in the back ground & I think Mr Robertson JR has the answer to finding the tail # to Powerhouse.
How do I come to this conclusion? Well here we go.

(PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT A PHOTO SHOP KIND OF GUY SO YOU MAY HAVE TO SAVE THESE PHOTOS & PLAY WITH THEM TO SEE WHAT I AM SEEING)

If you note in this first picture in the back ground you can see a small tent & you can see the canvas & tent polls as well as the rope coming off the poles most likely pegged in to the ground.

Now in this photo note the forked tree & what looks like materials of some kind tool boxes maybe? & possibly a kneeling mechanic as well as one sitting besides him under the aircraft near the rear ladder of the plane. Now take a look at the right lower engine cowling it is not there & also there seems to be an access panel removed to the engine nacelle. Clearly this aircraft is being worked on.

OK now lets look at one of the close up pictures of Dutch.

Now if you look to the left you can see the same forked tree with the tail of a B25 in the back ground. Shame the fellow in the white hat with the cigar is not a foot or so to the right as he is hiding your tail number. Now look at this picture of the lower right side of the above photo looking over the top of the right wheel of the plane.

In my opinion that is the canvas of the tent as well as its tent pole & supporting equipment from the first photo.
So if I am correct these two photos were taken at about the same time but from two differant positions by the same photographer on the same day. The fact that the same tree and two B25's & a tent as well as two of the same people in the same clothes all in two differant photos is just to coincidental.

Now there is a third picture of Dutch. Not a lot to go on other than similar trees in the back ground same man in all four pictures & the sun is out. Where in the other three it must have been overcast at the time as there is not much in the way of shadows.

OK so now lets get to Powerhouse & how I think this all ties in.

As you can see the trees in the back ground look some what the same also there appears to be tool boxes & equipment under the plane again clearly some one is working on this plane as in the first photo of Dutch. Now in the first photo you can see the canvas tarps are on the top turret as well as the cockpit area of the plane. Not much point in them being there if you want a picture of some one sitting in the cockpit with it's cool nose art right?
Now to me this is the clincher :aok on the ground notice the square shaped material with a round like curve to it.

I think that is the access panel to the right engine nacelle of the plane in the back ground of Dutch in the first photo.

So in conclusion I believe all these photos were taken at the same time by the same photographer & if that little bit of skin is the access panel it is just to much evidence to be coincidental & therefore I think you have a picture complete of Powerhouse. All you need is a better photo to get that tail #.

Let the debate begin. :bolt:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 04:51:28 AM by lyric1 »

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 02:27:39 AM »
Awesome piece of deduction Lyric1.....CSI Aces High.  :D

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 02:31:46 AM »
 :lol I guess I missed my calling in becoming a machinist huh Greebo?
Just wanted to add these two picture of the right side of two B25J's from the local airport here in Urbana Ohio I took a few years back. The panel looks about the same size as that one on the ground?

In this last photo you can see they have both panels off to access the engine nacelle.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:25:58 AM by lyric1 »

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 05:47:19 AM »
Didn't get it done in time from the previous edit :furious zoomed up this pic. Only the panel in question is removed. Also in the Powerhouse photo I zoomed up the panel on the ground to see what is sitting on it I think it is steel tubing with couplings on the end of it.

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 07:59:15 AM »
Ok...I was just looking at this photo in PSP...it almost looks like a tail number of 5544, or 2544 (those are only the last four digits of it, and a bit of a guess).
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ