Author Topic: College Football  (Read 6303 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: College Football
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
USC moved up to #4!?! 

lol yea can you believe that!! the latest AP poll is so screwed up, real sad when a 3-3 team makes the top 25, and teams with no losses don't even make it, like Lou Holtz said theres no number one right now.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2009, 03:58:42 PM »
lol yea can you believe that!! the latest AP poll is so screwed up, real sad when a 3-3 team makes the top 25, and teams with no losses don't even make it, like Lou Holtz said theres no number one right now.

Lou Holtz is the god of college football.  He may be 100 years old, but know how to say it right about teams and results of the games.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2009, 05:57:34 PM »
 He (Lou Holtz) also commented on BSU's chances of playing for the national championship. "No chance"

Lou is one of the few commentators to say that the polls are screwed up in reference to Boise State. Its a absolute joke that BSU is in the top ten when they play a div 2 schedule.

It will take another loss to dislodge the pollsters lips from USC's backside.  USC is a top 15 team. At best. Not top 5, not top ten, a top 15 team. Maybe. They barely escaped Notre Dame. A Notre Dame team that lost to mediocre Michigan.
 Ohio State has never played like a top ten team this year. Wisconsin beat OSU all over the field except where it counted, the scoreboard. The beat down at Purdue was unexpected. But much enjoyed by Big Ten fans that are not Ohio State fans. 

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2009, 06:35:02 PM »
Mind you, Michigan was handed the victory against Notre Dame.   That last minute penalty was absolute BS.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: October 18, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
 Yes but the point is if Notre Dame was all that good that penalty would not have been an issue.

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #185 on: December 05, 2009, 06:15:07 PM »
Wow,

The Tide came to play today!  I was rooting for Fla to win, but they are getting murderd right now by 19pts and Tebow just threw an int in the endzone.

At least the SEC will be repesented by a horse in this yrs. NCG.

As a LSU fan, I am hoping we can get back to a level that can compete with them.   :( Not looking good for the rest of the SEC WEST

And on the West coast.....

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: December 05, 2009, 06:24:26 PM »
I wanted UF to win but while Tebow's pick hurt, the WRs did not come to play today.  Way to many drops by the receiving corps.  The defense as well has choked coming in as the #1 defense in the country is bending over and allowing Alabama to work them.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #187 on: December 05, 2009, 06:53:59 PM »
Bama just outright beat Florida with the offensive and defensive lines today. Florida could not get anything going protection wise against that defensive front and got man handled by the offensive line from Alabama; oh and the drunk from Florida wouldn't have made a difference against the way they looked today. Bama was prepared and Florida thought they would win it just by walking on the field...and one man (Tebow) just can't carry the load all 13 games that it takes to win an SEC Championship. Nice win by a well coached team today.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: December 05, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »
Roll tide!  I predicted Bama 34 Florida 20 at another board... wasn't off by much! 

:rock

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #189 on: December 05, 2009, 07:50:07 PM »
I really thought that the FU and Bama game would be head to head.  Man, that was not the same FU team that i keep watch all year long. 

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
Roll tide!  I predicted Bama 34 Florida 20 at another board... wasn't off by much! 

:rock

I predicted 30-14....I wasn't off by much either!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »
Great game that Texas and Nebraska just played. I can guarantee that the good old boy network of college coaches is firing up about now between Texas opponents and Alabama opponents. If Alabama can play defense like they did tonight against Texas you can count on championship #13 going to Alabama and with the game that Mark Ingram played today compared to what Colt McCoy did tonight I would just about bet that Ingram wins the Heisman and runs for 150 against Texas in a little over a month from now.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline DMBEAR

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • JG2 Richtofen
« Reply #192 on: December 05, 2009, 11:16:13 PM »
Great game that Texas and Nebraska just played. I can guarantee that the good old boy network of college coaches is firing up about now between Texas opponents and Alabama opponents. If Alabama can play defense like they did tonight against Texas you can count on championship #13 going to Alabama and with the game that Mark Ingram played today compared to what Colt McCoy did tonight I would just about bet that Ingram wins the Heisman and runs for 150 against Texas in a little over a month from now.

Texas needed all the calls, a boneheaded out of bounds kickoff, a stupid horsecollar penalty, and a review of the time clock to kick a filed goal and beat a team that couldn't score a touchdown on a High School field.

Just glad to see McCoy choke in a game he coulda clinched the Hypesman trophy.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2009, 03:12:50 AM »
No one has been specatular this year for Heisman.  He may not have been on a great team, but Mr. Gerhart From standford should get the Heisman.  Im sure to SEC ppls this is going to seem retarted, but in any case.  Next Year PAC-10 is going to be the toughest conference in america.

<edit> oh and BTW OSU is going to get slaughtered, cooked and then eaten by Oregon.  It wont even be close.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 03:39:05 AM by B17Skull12 »
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2009, 08:00:48 AM »
Next Year PAC-10 is going to be the toughest conference in america.

Gerhardt and Ingram should be considered over and above McCoy. The reason is that the Heisman is for THIS SEASON; NOT for the CAREER body of work that Robert Smith of ESPN says. I think Ingram gets it simply because of where he plays...as for PAC-10 being the toughest conference in America next year....

:confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :huh

:rofl

:banana:

You have lost your mind! Not next year; or even within the next 5 years will it be considered the toughest conference. There is where you need to look at the body of work in the SEC. Only one team this year is not bowl eligible...Vandy...when the PAC-10 can put all but one of their teams in a bowl game come back and talk about toughest conference in the land.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"