Author Topic: game dynamic changed  (Read 4918 times)

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
game dynamic changed
« on: September 19, 2009, 05:23:36 PM »
First of all this aint just a wirbelwhine post.Its still early doors yet but I feel the game dynamic has/is changing for the worse. GV assualts on town are way too vunerable now without a greater number of ostie/wirb support. All the defenders in numerous ground sorties no long bother to drive tanks to repel the assault,its simply a matter of upping il2's and 110's and razing everything to the ground. Rinse and repeat.

The new AH sop taking shape seems to be "who drops most ord wins". Any successful gv assault now requires most of, if not all the base to be porked. Or a group needs to be increased into a 'horde' to capture the base. Bases seem to be defended way too easily now (from the ground perspective at least) ,nearly all sorties of any kind are now in the 10+ range.

Is the aim to reduce base captures? I dont know, but if that is true why the large maps?

I actually used to get a rush from killing flaks myself,now i can just wait until they look the other way and dive in knowing i'm completely safe. It requires little skill now and all seems rather pointless.

I suppose the biggest concern is that the game is getting tailored towards a specific player or type of player,and i dont know how I feel about that.

Don't take this as a whine,I'm prepared to give it time. I've just spent so much of my time in this game and I just have one of those nagging feelings
 :salute

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: game dynamic changed
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 05:25:33 PM »
The WIRBLE and OST WERE FIXED, not broken.

Now I do agree the 37mm cannons on the IL2 need a little something done with them, but otherwise...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 05:27:09 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »
Yet another whine has been recorded.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 05:26:23 PM »
give us submarines and I'll stop posting here.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »
GVs have been around since before the WirbleWind was introduces... They were capturing bases just fine then.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »
Thank goodness I don't rely on ground vehicles to make a flight sim fun...  :aok

give us submarines and I'll stop posting here.
Go fill your bathtub...get completely undressed...then sit in the water and look down...there's your submarine.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 05:28:51 PM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
Sounds like you'd be happier taking undefended bases. :rolleyes:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 05:28:09 PM »
HTC should take out the GVs and fill the slots with the rest of the P-38 variants.

"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 05:28:29 PM »
Thank goodness I don't rely on ground vehicles to make a flight sim fun...  :aok
The best part is, when we have our fun low n slow furballs on the deck, the Wirbles will not interfere so much because of the slower turret rotation. I hate having a nice fight just to get whacked by a spraying wirble :(
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »
HTC should take out the GVs and fill the slots with the rest of the P-38 variants.

:rofl yeah right.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »

This is the best idea I've ever heard.  I would go one step further and remove all non-P-38 planes and make this the best flight sim ever!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 05:39:31 PM »
First of all this aint just a wirbelwhine post.Its still early doors yet but I feel the game dynamic has/is changing for the worse. GV assualts on town are way too vunerable now without a greater number of ostie/wirb support. All the defenders in numerous ground sorties no long bother to drive tanks to repel the assault,its simply a matter of upping il2's and 110's and razing everything to the ground. Rinse and repeat.

The new AH sop taking shape seems to be "who drops most ord wins". Any successful gv assault now requires most of, if not all the base to be porked. Or a group needs to be increased into a 'horde' to capture the base. Bases seem to be defended way too easily now (from the ground perspective at least) ,nearly all sorties of any kind are now in the 10+ range.

WHAT!!!! I consistantly make sucessfull GV sorties to bases. I almost always get within EASY shelling range of the bases, and stay there for 15 minutes or more shelling the base, killing tanks that up, and tauning the IL-2 and 110 drivers by marking my position with smoke and shooting my near useless hull mg for no apparent reason.

I know I stay longer than I should, but it's too fun :x.   Serisouly, if you don't REALLY care about your KTD ratio then you should up an M16 or wirb, drive near or (if your crazy enough, or if all they have left up is some hangers) onto a base, and procede to fire at all upping aircraft. I killed a formation of B17's that way :t.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »
The best part is, when we have our fun low n slow furballs on the deck, the Wirbles will not interfere so much because of the slower turret rotation. I hate having a nice fight just to get whacked by a spraying wirble :(

Yeah, but your low and slow furball will still be easy pickings for the incessent picking, alt hugging, scorebois in their punkstangs, Tempies etc.

So now you'll just be having a nice fight only to get whacked by a spraying alt monkey scoreboi.

Whats the difference??

I don't care that they "fixed" the Wirbles.

They never gave me a problem and were relatively easy to kill.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »
This is the best idea I've ever heard.  I would go one step further and remove all non-P-38 planes and make this the best flight sim ever!

ack-ack

:rofl

but what would we shoot at!? gotta leave the zekes and 109s atleast  :rock
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »
I suppose the biggest concern is that the game is getting tailored towards a specific player or type of player,and i dont know how I feel about that.

Did you have the same concern when the Wirbel was introduced in tour 98 and did instantly had a massive impact on gameplay? (A much greater change than the one than we have now with a simple reduction of turret rotation speed, while firepower stays the same)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman