Author Topic: It takes 2 to HO....  (Read 8107 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: It takes 2 to HO....
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »
The only reason Yeager is asking Shuff to try something other than a P-38 is that Yeager isn't very good against a P-38 and wants some sort of handicap placed on Shuff.  Basically, it's the old "I can't beat your plane, so I won't fight against you" mentality and Yeager is also an extremely timid pilot on top of it all.

ack-ack
lol same goes for you akak as for shuffler.  Stretch your wings man, and get some humility while your at it for Gods sake.  I struggle in all sorts of planes.  All the bombers, the 190s, 109s, Ki61s, Brewsters and P39s, C202s and 205s, P47s and P51s, All the cats, the Dauntless and Avenger too, Kates and Vals and yes even your vaunted ultimate trainer the P38.

Of course from my perspective doing the same three moves over and over and over again in the same plane over and over and over again (the sort of thing that has made you such a lethal lander of baby seal pelts in the MW arena) would quite literally bore me to death after ten years.

BTW, shuffler is challenging someone else to some non chest thumping "training", I was just making a suggestion that shuff (and you for that matter) might learn a thing or two by being slightly imaginative and stepping outside narrowly defined boxes for a brief time.  Hell, he might even enjoy it.  But in the end its a whatever floats yer boat type of deal.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:04:48 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2009, 02:59:02 PM »
TO ME, the p38 is still more of a challenge than  most single engine aircraft.

i do admire the 109 drivers, as like i said in other threads, i can't see to shoot out of them.........
Hmmm......maybe there is a mental block or something.  It is one of the best handling planes in game.  Very stable shooter at all speed with a great mix of cannon and MG pointed out the nose, Great flaps, great vertical game too, great speed and great acceleration.  Whats not to love about it.  Methinks your just not approaching it right.  It is second only to the spit for ease of fighting in.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:05:53 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »
Why not try the challenge in something besides a P38?  You never know, you might learn something new  :salute
lol sure..... not a problem. I can fly any aircraft in the set.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »
lol sure..... not a problem. I can fly any aircraft in the set.
lol I know you can shuff, I just get a little irked by the one plane wonder boys that think the arenas revolve around them.  Your a good guy, and fun to talk on range with  :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »
lol I know you can shuff, I just get a little irked by the one plane wonder boys that think the arenas revolve around them.  Your a good guy, and fun to talk on range with  :salute

Your a meany  :neener:

:aok My one plane is based partially on being in the 80th (it's our historical bird along with the P-39) and just loving the 38. I get accused of hacking, the C word, pulling cords, dancing with other's wives, and you-name-it. It boils down to the fact I know my cartoon bird inside and out. You can fly the whole set all the time and be decent to pretty darn good. But to really sqeeze every last ounce of ability from a bird you have to know it inside and out. I don't have any problem with folks that fly all the birds at all. If that is what they like.  I'll just try to stay lucky in my 38.  :salute
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:30:32 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2009, 03:29:11 PM »
Hmmm......maybe there is a mental block or something.  It is one of the best handling planes in game.  Very stable shooter at all speed with a great mix of cannon and MG pointed out the nose, Great flaps, great vertical game too, great speed and great acceleration.  Whats not to love about it.  Methinks your just not approaching it right.  It is second only to the spit for ease of fighting in.

i haqve to disagree with most of what you've said above.

in the spits, zeeks, hurris, etc, you can simply yank and bank. i don't believe a 38 will flat turn with any of them. you need to work things more. and you need to work them timed right.

and i do love it. i can kill all day longin spits. no fun. i can kill all day long in zeeks and hurris. no fun. the 38 on the other hand....challenge........fun.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2009, 03:35:29 PM »
No one really dies, planes are free.  Why not fight.  You might get better at it.  Taking the easy way out is pointless as you learn nothing, and challenge yourself not at all.

Define fight. Yank and bank until you can get a shot from opponent's six? No frontal hemisphere shot allowed?

The second this game goes to one life and done, then I'll understand the HO shot, as there will be a risk then.

If it went that way, I would not understand deliberate HO's at all. Why risk the only life one has?
Now when there is no risk, HO is just a choice of risking one's points and virtual life. It is like "all in" in Texas hold'em ;)

Again, my simple point about any and all HOs is: HO's happen, live with it, avoid them or agree to join in them, but never whine. Take responsibility of your own actions and do not be a cry-baby victim.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2009, 03:36:01 PM »

Noting that you ignored my reply.  This isn't about what you fly, it's about how you fly it.

But I am curious.  What is your bird of choice?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2009, 03:40:03 PM »
Define fight. Yank and bank until you can get a shot from opponent's six? No frontal hemisphere shot allowed?

If it went that way, I would not understand deliberate HO's at all. Why risk the only life one has?
Now when there is no risk, HO is just a choice of risking one's points and virtual life. It is like "all in" in Texas hold'em ;)

Again, my simple point about any and all HOs is: HO's happen, live with it, avoid them or agree to join in them, but never whine. Take responsibility of your own actions and do not be a cry-baby victim.

You make my point for me.  If it were one life and done, there would be a risk to a HO shot.  As is, there isn't and a lot more folks take them because there is no risk.

After this many years of playing AW and AH, I don't expect that HO's will ever go away.  I figure Folks are always going to try.  I don't care at this point.  I get a new plane any time I get shot down, which is often.

Just don't try and justify a HO shot as something that takes a lot of cartoon skill.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »
lol same goes for you akak as for shuffler.  Stretch your wings man, and get some humility while your at it for Gods sake.  I struggle in all sorts of planes.  All the bombers, the 190s, 109s, Ki61s, Brewsters and P39s, C202s and 205s, P47s and P51s, All the cats, the Dauntless and Avenger too, Kates and Vals and yes even your vaunted ultimate trainer the P38.

I do quite well in other planes, pretty successful in a B-25H but as you're referring to fighters, I'm actually quite good in other ones as well.  I just don't fly other planes in the main arenas, just in the dueling arena and when it was up, H2H.  I can easily provide you with a 1v1 demonstration one day if you like, you can pick the plane.

Of course from my perspective doing the same three moves over and over and over again in the same plane over and over and over again (the sort of thing that has made you such a lethal lander of baby seal pelts in the MW arena) would quite literally bore me to death after ten years.

You can add your name to the list of 'baby seal pelts' as I've never seen anything beyond sub-average flying/fighting from you at any time.  As for using the same moves, as I said in a previous thread, why get fancy when keeping it simple works just as well?  Is it my fault that players like yourself take no more than a simple ACM maneuver to shoot down?  Instead of crying about my 'moves', you should think about improving yours so you won't fall victim to the 'same three moves' time and time again.  

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 03:43:11 PM »

As an ancillary comment to the discussion, here... if you get bored to death "doing the same three moves over and over and over again," how is doing a single "move" any more motivating?  Beyond that, why not strive to be better at something?  Whether its real life or Aces High, Im not sure how you can knock a guy for trying to be the best he can be, in this case, in any random airplane.  

Whats the alternative?  A celebration of mediocrity?

Why fly for five minutes, to get to a fight, only to rely on chance when you engage your first bad guy?  Doesnt make any sense to me.  Nine times out of ten, a maneuvering contest will result in a single winner and a single loser.  Based upon my observation, nine times out of ten, any nose-on-nose joust with both aircraft firing their weapons results in damage to both; the "winner" being declared by the laws of physics; "He who hits the ground after the other guy wins."  Unfortunately, at the end of the engagement, although he who floats softer gets a "kill," there is no real winner because he smacks the tarmac anyway.

One can spin it however he or she chooses, but at the end of the day, from my perspective, people who position their airplane nose-on-nose with every intention to fire have no confidence in their ability to do anything actually involving control surface inputs.

The great irony in all this is that by their very actions, they deprive themselves of the opportunity to remedy their deficiencies through practice and experience.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 03:44:47 PM by Saurdaukar »

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »
Noting that you ignored my reply.  This isn't about what you fly, it's about how you fly it.

But I am curious.  What is your bird of choice?
Srry didnt meant to ignore.  Just keep hammering away with it.  Find some guys really good in it and fight with them.  in MW biggamer can fly the thing like a zeke and shuffler is great in it to.  Me not so much but my "timid" style means I wont fight with a disadvatage unless I get forced or fooled into it.

My favourite ride right now, or the one that intruiges me most is the 109F, G2and G6 but I have to admit its a love hate thing.  Im not doing well in them.  After that I love all the USAAF and NAVY/MARINE rides.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »
As an ancillary comment to the discussion, here... if you get bored to death "doing the same three moves over and over and over again," how is doing a single "move" any more motivating?  Beyond that, why not strive to be better at something?  Whether its real life or Aces High, Im not sure how you can knock a guy for trying to be the best he can be, in this case, in any random airplane.  

Whats the alternative?  A celebration of mediocrity?

Why fly for five minutes, to get to a fight, only to rely on chance when you engage your first bad guy?  Doesnt make any sense to me.  Nine times out of ten, a maneuvering contest will result in a single winner and a single loser.  Based upon my observation, nine times out of ten, any nose-on-nose joust with both aircraft firing their weapons results in damage to both; the "winner" being declared by the laws of physics; "He who hits the ground after the other guy wins."  Unfortunately, at the end of the engagement, although he who floats softer gets a "kill," there is no real winner because he smacks the tarmac anyway.

One can spin it however he or she chooses, but at the end of the day, from my perspective, people who position their airplane nose-on-nose with every intention to fire have no confidence in their ability to do anything actually involving control surface inputs.

The great irony in all this is that by their very actions, they deprive themselves of the opportunity to remedy their deficiencies through practice and experience.

I HIGHLIGHTED one line.

that is kinda wrong. a good maneuvering contest will result in 2 winners, as both have just had fun.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2009, 03:47:47 PM »
Just don't try and justify a HO shot as something that takes a lot of cartoon skill.

CC  :aok
I completely agree. Not much skill is required, but some game related ability to take risk is required. Even risking just the points and virtual life. That is why I do not blame anyone going HO. Situations are quick and they vary. Things happen.

What is pointless, is the whining and trying to change how others play the game. Happiness and enjoyment is in everyone's own hands :)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 03:48:57 PM »
As an ancillary comment to the discussion, here... if you get bored to death "doing the same three moves over and over and over again," how is doing a single "move" any more motivating?  
Nicely written  :salute