Author Topic: The noob moments...  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: The noob moments...
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2009, 07:54:08 PM »
Taking up a Mossie first couple of weeks, dieing and uping, dieing and uping. Took me about 2 months to land two kills, then I started to get better from then. Now look at me, 2 years ago I would have dreamed for 3 kills, and now I have landed 20 lol.
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »
Taking up a Mossie first couple of weeks, dieing and uping, dieing and uping. Took me about 2 months to land two kills, then I started to get better from then. Now look at me, 2 years ago I would have dreamed for 3 kills, and now I have landed 20 lol.
:huh

Offline sandwich

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2009, 07:57:24 PM »
I did the same thing, because I thought "man these things carry a lot more ammo, why would anyone wanna fly a plane with only 200 rounds?"  :lol

I did that too.

Especially with the c205.

Why the hell would you want 250rpg when you can have 500rpg?  :headscratch: :lol

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2009, 11:55:35 PM »
First day in the TA many years ago, flying my pretty Hog around with my mouse. I'm trying to figure things out as I read the help pages I have all typed up in a 3 ring folder. Suddenly I hear over the radio "Ace under attack". So I figure I have to find Ace and save him. I fly here, I fly there. None of the green icons say "Ace". Finally I type on the green text, where the hell is Ace at? I can't find him anywhere?
Much laffing, hoots, snickers, and of course the obligatory "what a noob". Someone finally PM's me and tells me it's not "Ace under attack" it's "Base under attack". I took a few days off before I went back hoping the guys forgot about it. Nope :(

LOL!!!!!   :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

oh man!!  :rofl

I did the same thing too  :aok

It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline choker41

• Copper Member
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2009, 07:33:07 AM »
My first flight ever was NOE with floatsup and Stroker1 (now Duhasst). Floats asked me if I knew what noe was. Of course not cause I was already falling behind and showing dar. Then of course he asked me to take out the vh on the low level pass. Of course there targets r down and it was up to me. I flew right over that VH and was sure I would nail it. Nothing happened. Floats or Stroker1 never told me to open my doors. Yet somehow I ended up with (+) for about a year. <S> to all who dawn the (+) insignia.   
Formerly known as choker41
Proud member of the Swampdragons
IN GAME ID:   FUBAR

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2009, 06:14:16 PM »
yeah choker, from what I've seen (+) is pretty good about newbs.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline twitchy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »
When I first started playing I was completely lost. If it wasn't for a player named HTTP, I would have probably set the joystick down and walked away and saved 10 years of my life lol. I remember the day I realized you could zoom the pizza map in and out... lol
Whatever happened to HTTP?
Founder & CO
Pigs on the Wing
Oinking Bases since 2000 AD

Offline Nemisis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Fightin 49'ers
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2009, 01:00:23 PM »
changed his name or gone.
All man needs to be happy is a home, his wife, and a place in the world

Col. 49Nem, Armor commander of the 49th

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2009, 01:40:54 PM »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline saantana

• Nickel Member
      • Dywizjon 308
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:13 AM »

I sense a little bit of self loving in there..  :D
Saantana
308 Polish Squadron RAF
http://dywizjon308.servegame.org

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept my faith"

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »

My first encounter with AH was in version 1.04, way back when they had like only 10 fighters to choose from.

Up until then, I was quite confident that I was a pretty good stick according to my exepriences in Fighter Ace1 & 2.
My favorite ride was the Bf109F-4, which was plenty enough to take care all enemies but the frickin' Spit14 a la Fighter Ace.

So I get a free 2 week ticket, install AH, pick the Friederich with a grin on my face...

... roll down the runway skidding, stall out as the plane takes off, wobble around and crash into the tower.

I log off, uninstall AH, and gave up... until I started out again in v1.05.

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2009, 06:04:39 AM »
Fall of 2006:
My first time in this game was online, of course (what newb actually takes the advice of practicing offline first, right?) and since I had just seen a History Channel show on the F6F, I chose to fly that.  I looked around the map, and saw the carriers and thought, "Oh!  An F6F off a carrier!  Perfect!"  Not so perfect.  I finally figure out how to up on the carrier, and an entire salvo of bombs promptly removes me and the carrier from the game.

At the time I had NO idea what happened, and couldn't figure out where the carrier went.  Good news:  There was a second carrier nearby, so I went and quickly died off of that one.

Was anyone else's first kill a HO and was anyone else as excited about it as I was?  Looking back... I'm sure people were probably kicking and screaming on 200 about my HOing... it was really all I did for a while...  :lol
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:59:36 AM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Online save

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »
The year is 1997 - 1rst takeoff in WB 1.07 (?) . Look at radar - determine where the action is ( a vulched field somewhere ).

I hit the fly-button and there I was, sitting on the runway.
Hmmm 'e' for engine start, Prop start to turn.

A moment later a message from HOST

'Kill of wxyz awarded to save'
(someone flew into a hangar giving me maneuver kill)

The buffer start to fill up with  " wtg save"

"what does wtg mean ?" I replied

The text buffer now starts to fill up with "LOL"

'what does LOL mean ?' ?

Well you get the picture of how a noob in online gaming felt  :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:32:46 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2009, 06:44:53 AM »
I reamber my noob moment  :old: i was in the spit9 with 5 guys on my 6 i learned to ho imagen that me a noob hoing yah i know right lol anyways there was 5 guys getting ready to ho me killed em all i got the first 3 then i collided in to the 4th my right wing riped off flew 500feet straight for 2 seconds my then my left wing collided in the 5th and he blew up same as the 4th one and i got 5 kills in the DA on my 1st week that is my noob moment sadly then i relized i got captured and i thought german boats would come and capture me o well :banana:
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2009, 06:54:20 AM »
I remember my noob moment.  :old: I was in the Spit 9 with 5 guys on my 6. I learned to HO; imagine that, me, a noob, HOing. Yeah I know right? lol Anyways there were 5 guys getting ready to HO me. I killed them all!  I got the first 3, then I collided into the 4th and my right wing ripped off.  I flew straight for 500 feet for 2 seconds then my left wing collided with the 5th and he blew up same as the 4th one.  I got 5 kills in the DA on my 1st week! That is my noob moment.  Sadly I then realized I got captured and I thought German boats would come and capture me, oh well. :banana:
Punctuation, grammar, and spelling! :cry

Fixed... For the most part...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:56:26 AM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D