Author Topic: how long till someone is chat banned?  (Read 5037 times)

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: how long till someone is chat banned?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 07:22:28 AM »

TheFury, Changing a word to get around the text filters is the same as saying the word.
Your just smart enough to sneak it past the automated text filter. Shame on you sir!

Only happens every now and again m8 most of the time im respectfull and if i do offend anyone im the first person to apologise, and i never do it on Country channel only channel 200 which if you have kids nearby is deffinatly a no go area so im not as bad as others. Also id like to point out not once have i ever cussed anyone using voice! that is worse than typing it in my opinion.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:29:55 AM by The Fury »
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 09:19:25 AM »
Save it for squad vox.
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:30:22 AM »
look kid. its a game, and not once have i ever seen someone not talk smack or rant over a game. (unless it was the new barbie game for xbox, but im sure some little emo girl will be sticking her figure down her throat after todays dinner) but thats not the point. The point is, you have GROWN men on a game that some do drink and have a good time on. And they dont believe the same way you do. They're going to let f bombs out left and right. Either get use to it or simply squelch them. The only way it will EVER be stopped is if HT takes range vox from all, and seriously works the word filter. So either turn a deaf ear, squelch or keep crying about it.

Options
!.Film with the ALT+R command and email film to skuzz
2. .squelch
3. post on the boards  :cry about it
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
What so you keep reporting these guys without warning them? and unless its directed at you i cant see it being offensive so why would you report them?

Ill admit i sometimes use shorter versions of swear words but its not usually directed at anyone so whats your problem? its a online game and cutting swearing out all together is damn dear impossible mate.

My house, I prefer a place where manners matter. I.E.  profane language is against the rules of the house.

HiTech

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:31 AM »
Woot hitech quoted me i wish youd have quoted the one at the end of the last page instead tho cause what you quoted was me posting without thinking.  :neener:
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
look kid. its a game,...

It stops being a game when cussing is brought in especially when someone shows the incredible lack of intelligence it takes to type it out and then hit the enter key. On squad channel its your problem how to handle it but in the open you deserve what you get in return.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 05:13:35 PM »
It stops being a game when cussing is brought in especially when someone shows the incredible lack of intelligence it takes to type it out and then hit the enter key. On squad channel its your problem how to handle it but in the open you deserve what you get in return.

You can sit and try to be politically correct all you want. But the harsh reality of it is. Grow men half lit = foul language. And tempers do get heated. Things will be said no matter what you do. Cant mute the whole arena.Unless HT bans all text except squad. It wont stop. You can get rid of a 1, but 2 will take his place. I could care less what others do. I have my own life and game to play. I dont concern myself in others business. I just Squelch.

I would say, give certain people arena eject rights. But we all know how biased the text mods are. That would be a nightmare

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 05:45:17 PM »

I would say, give certain people arena eject rights. But we all know how biased the text mods are. That would be a nightmare
I shamelessly volunteer myself.  :D
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »
You can sit and try to be politically correct all you want. But the harsh reality of it is. Grow men half lit = foul language. And tempers do get heated. Things will be said no matter what you do. Cant mute the whole arena.Unless HT bans all text except squad. It wont stop. You can get rid of a 1, but 2 will take his place. I could care less what others do. I have my own life and game to play. I dont concern myself in others business. I just Squelch.

You are assuming things you have no knowledge of and I submit it imparts upon all of us certain knowledge of your true character (in other words no sympathy concerning your position). The entire arena does not cuss so implying that is just wrong of you and a misrepresentation to support your argument. Until this is handled (and handled consistently by the entire community) it will be unsafe and unwise to allow even young teenagers to watch let alone to play this game. Just because some people have been led astray by 'reality' as you say does not mean its acceptible. I assert such individuals are not 'men' at all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 06:35:24 PM »
Rules.

1. grow a pair

2. Turn ch. 200 off if its to your disliking.

3. :cry on forums.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »
There you have it! Join a squad and get your squadmates to help ban the person  :lol
:rofl love the sarcasm. I tried that joke once and got 8 days. Some just can't get the humor of that one. :aok
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 06:41:38 PM by crazyivan »
POTW

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
My house, I prefer a place where manners matter. I.E.  profane language is against the rules of the house.

HiTech
Ohh snap! :bolt:
POTW

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »
Four letter words ah?

Meat  Copr  Wimp  Pile  Spit   
Soda  Bear  Wine  Gang  Wing
Fire    Boat  Guns  Pick   Tail
Ouch  Shaw Shoe  Dumb Noob
Bush  Poop  Prop   Cows  Dead
Tree  Road  Tire    Opps  Base
Tank  Jink   Pork   Love   Home
Pony  Fish   Buzz  Hate   Darn

Ok..I'm done...
Copr,pick,wimp,pile,cows,poop,noob.! :D
POTW

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 10:20:26 PM »

Your saying grown men... what you mean is physically not mentally grown.

... and yes they should be muted if they assult kids.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 10:22:04 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »
You are assuming things you have no knowledge of and I submit it imparts upon all of us certain knowledge of your true character (in other words no sympathy concerning your position). The entire arena does not cuss so implying that is just wrong of you and a misrepresentation to support your argument. Until this is handled (and handled consistently by the entire community) it will be unsafe and unwise to allow even young teenagers to watch let alone to play this game. Just because some people have been led astray by 'reality' as you say does not mean its acceptible. I assert such individuals are not 'men' at all.
preach it sister  :rolleyes:

seriously, your nose is brown. get over yourself. what i said is the truth. Whether you want to accept it or not is on you.