Author Topic: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results  (Read 42688 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:34:33 AM »
We've seen continued growth in the One-on-One Dueling Bracket Tournament.  We had 64 players for the Inaugural tourney, 74 for the Second Tri-Annual and this time we enter with 85 players!  Thanks to all who participate and make this fun for everyone and a special thanks to the past and present review committee volunteers.

Below is the final roster (sorted by in-game name).  Please make sure I have your in-game and BBs names correct.  We need both; BBs so people can PM to arrange a duel and in-game so they know who you are when you meet in the DA.  texastc316 signed up Doolitle, a squaddie, and never provided his BBs name so if you get matched with Doolitle I suggest contacting texastc316 to arrange your duel.

In-Game   -   BBs      
Competitors   

4Fox   -   Fox      
A8Hunter   -   A8Hunter      
AAJagerX   -   AAJagerX      
akELFY   -   DOUG       
Angels10   -   angels10      
BaldEagl   -   BaldEagl   -   Administrator
batfinkv   -   mechanic       
Bearkats   -   Husky01      
betty   -   betty      
Boozeman-   Boozeman      
Bosco   -   Bosco123      
Bruv119   -   Bruv119      
Bubi   -   Motherland      
cactus      -   cactuskooler            
CandyMan-   stodd      
Changeup-   Changeup      
crazyivan   -   crazyivan       
Cursed   -   Qrsu      
DadRabit   -   DadRabit      
DBCooper   -   uptown      
dedalos   -   dedalos      
dhart   -   dhart      
dhyran   -   dhyran      
Dodger   -   jododger       
Doolitle   -   ?      
Drkn   -   -Draken-      
flatiron   -   flatiron1      
Flench   -   Flench      
fudgums   -   fudgums      
greens   -   greens      
Grue   -   Ghastly      
hlbly    -   hlbly       
Hopper   -   Hopper      
horble   -   horble      
INK   -   ink       
IrishOne    -   IrishOne       
JB11   -   JB11      
Jbecks   -   jdbecks       
JOACH1M   -   JOACH1M      
Jolly01   -   jolly22      
Juvat   -   Raptor      
Kazaa   -   Kazaa      
Kil02   -   kilo2      
Kirin   -   Kirin      
L0nGb0w   -   L0nGb0w       
Lagger   -   Lagger86      
Lazer   -   Lazerr      
lepape2   -   Lepape2      
LTARhamr-   dunnrite      
madda   -   maddafinga      
MANPLESR-   Tupac   -   Review Committee 2nd Alternate
Manurin   -   manurin      
Mazz   -   Saurdaukar      
Mensa   -   mensa180      
Misfire   -   jocrp6      
Mjsmoke   -   mjsmoke       
Phanta   -   Phanza      
ace pilot   -   dkff49       
rattler2   -   Rattler      
Reaper90   -   Reaper90      
Redd   -   Redd      
Rud3boi   -   hgtonyvi      
RufLeak   -   RufusLeaking       
Sandwich   -   sandwich      
SEraider   -   SEraider      
SF   -   --)SF----      
shiv   -   shiv      
SkyRock   -   SkyRock      
slimmer   -   slimmer      
Snaphook-   humble      
stealth    -   STEALTH      
Strip   -   Strip      
SunsFan   -   sunfan1121      
SWneo   -   infowars      
TC   -   TequilaChaser   -   Review Committee Alternate
texstc   -   texastc316      
TnDep   -   TnDep      
Tongs   -   SPKmes      
TonyJoey   -   TonyJoey      
TW9   -   TW9      
Twizzty   -   Twizzty      
v1st   -   v1st      
Vinkman    -   Vinkman       
waystin2   -   waystin2      
WMSol   -   Sol75      

Non-Competitors            
JunkyII   -   JunkyII   -   Review Committee
Karaya   -   Masherbrum    -   Review Committee
Nisky   -   Nisky   -   Review Committee 3rd Alternate
WMLute   -   WMLute   -   Review Committee

Following is a re-posting of the rules.  Please make sure that you read and understand them.  

- Brackets will be determined by random draw of names produced by a random number generator in MS Excel.
- If the number of players exceeds a full round I will work them into the bracket although they will have to fly one more round than other players.  They will be chosen randomly and disbursed evenly through pre-selected slots in the bracket to achieve balance at the nearest bracket root(s).
-   If a player changes their in-game or BBs name during the tournament they must either post that change in the bracket and results thread or PM me with the change.
- Duels must be arranged between the players by PM, IM, e-mail or other means to take place by midnight CST/CDT Sunday following each bracket update (6 days).
- Duels will be best of three.
- First duel plane selection will be assigned using a random number generator to select from all available fighter and fighter/attack aircraft (except the Me163 and Me262).  This will be done individually for each set of duelers.
- The loser of each duel selects the aircraft for the next duel.  This allows the loser to pick his/her best aircraft to get back into contention and if it goes three rounds each player will have had one plane selection.
- All duels will take place in the DA canyon area.
- All duels will be 25% fuel load out with player’s choice of gun package and convergence.
- All merges will be guns cold (no firing until you have passed your opponent's 3/9 line).
- All merges will be co-alt at 10K until within icon range at which point a merge break can begin.  In addition all players shall observe a 10K ceiling at all times prior to the merge.
- Anything goes after the initial merge.
- In the case of a draw (both run out of fuel for instance) that duel will be re-fought using the same aircraft.
- In the case of a collision:
   * If only one player collides (only one gets the collision message) the duel continues.
   * If both players collide (both get the collision message) the duel immediately ends and will be re-started in the same planes.
- Intentionally ditching or bailing constitutes forfeiture of the duel.
- The intent is for players to remain in close proximity to one another (2-3K max).  That said if at any time the players lose icon range on one another the duel ends immediately and will be re-started using the same planes.  This should allow a dueler to simply turn away from a runner to nullify the duel.
- If an uninvited third party interrupts the duel the duel is immediately ended and will be re-started using the same plane.  The dueling participants may move to another mutually agreed upon set of fields in the DA in this instance.
- Once one player has been shot down and the other receives a kill message the duel ends.  There is no need to land.
- If a player disco's the duel will be re-fought in the same planes as soon as the discoing player re-logs.  If he does not or is unable to re-log within 15 minutes he will lose the duel series by default.  A second disco by the same player in a duel series will result in forfeiture of the remaining duels in that series.
- Both players will film all duels in case of a dispute.
- Films must be posted by the winning player for all duels from the quarter final round forward for the viewing pleasure of the community.  Films may be posted during earlier rounds if both participants agree.
- The losing player will post in this thread after the duel series in the following format:

Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner
   Plane - Winner (if needed)

The loser posting is a means to verify that the results are uncontested.  If the loser hasn't posted by the deadline then the winner may post the results but they will be deemed contested.
- This information must be posted by no later than 12:00 midnight CST/CDT (as appropriate) Sunday following the posting of the updated bracket so that I can get the brackets updated and re-posted on Monday.
- If a player does not show within 15 minutes of the arranged time they forfeit the series.  In that case the winner by default must post a message confirming the arranged duel time and a screenshot of the DA roster showing that the opponent is a no show no later than 12:00 midnight CDT Sunday following posting of the updated bracket.
- If a duel cannot be arranged between two players each player will have a chance to post the circumstances in this thread prior to the posting deadline.  If only one player posts and it is clear that they are making an attempt to arrange their duel then that player will advance, provided their post was at least 48 hours prior to the round closing deadline. If both players post and it is clear that the issue lies with only one player then the player not at fault will advance.  If it is unclear which player is at fault, if neither player posts, or if a single player posts inside the 48 hour window then a random draw will determine which player advances.  
- In the case of contested results both player’s films will be reviewed by the review committee and a determination will be posted no later than 48 hours after the initial posting deadline.  The review committee may overturn posted results.  If a clean determination of a winner cannot be made a winner will be selected by random draw.  The review committee's determination will be final.  Because this will delay both the winner's and his/her next opponent's ability to arrange their next duel it is in the best interest of everyone that the players reach an agreeable conclusion to their duels on their own.  In any case, the next duels deadlines WILL NOT be delayed.
- The initial bracket will be posted on Monday, February 1 and each Monday thereafter until a winner has been determined.

43 people get first round byes this round while 42 duel in 21 matches.  If you have a plane assignment in your bracket you duel this week, otherwise you will have Bye listed under your name and have to wait until next week to get going.  Please try to arrange and complete your duels in a timely manner so that we can keep this tournament flowing smoothly and without delays.  Your timeliness or lack thereof affects not only your current opponent but those awaiting the results of your match-up.

Here's the initial bracket.  Let the games begin!

IMPORTANT NOTE/CHANGE

I inadvertantly missed v1st and placed madda in the bracket twice.  v1st will take madda's second position with a first round bye on the lower right side of the bracket while madda will meet Bruv119 in the first round flying the Spitfire Mk I in their first duel as indicated in the lower left side of the bracket.  These changes will be reflected in the next bracket update.

I appologize for my mistake and any inconvenience.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:15:54 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline v1st

• Copper Member
Re: Third Tri-Annual Dueling Braket & Results
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 09:50:50 AM »
I think you forgot my name in the bracket .  I could be missing it my eyes not so good.
v1st

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 10:08:20 AM »
May the best man win. :salute

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 10:26:07 AM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEK....

Hey at least I get a 1st round win :D. Will certainly be curious how well DB can do but assuming I get past round two I run into Batty  :airplane: :airplane: :joystick: :headscratch: :O

*** at Edit***

Not ment as a dis to Bearkats in anyway. I just see Batty as a "top 4" stick in this one...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:37:57 AM by humble »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 10:33:29 AM »
nm.  Moved to first post.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:16:51 AM by BaldEagl »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »
I think you forgot my name in the bracket .  I could be missing it my eyes not so good.
v1st

Your in the list but I don't see you on the board either.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Lazer vs SunsFan.......This should be at least a semis match-up.....I want FILMS  :devil :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 11:09:21 AM »
I think we're being really unfair to this "Bye" guy.

I've never heard of him, but he's got WAY too many fights....

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 11:17:28 AM »
I think we're being really unfair to this "Bye" guy.

I've never heard of him, but he's got WAY too many fights....
:rofl
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »
why do so many folks get byes?
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »
Edit: Per below - good idea BE.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:34:28 AM by Saurdaukar »

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »
1st up with a "final 4"

Top left is a tough tough Bracket. I'll go "all in" from round 1 with Sunsfan in a tough call over TC and Lazer.

Bottom left is also tough sledding. Maybe it's just squad favoritism but I'll take Manny in an upset over bruv, skyrock and mazz.

Top Right comes down to Ded, kazaa and Bat IMO....got to go with Batty there in a photofinish

Bottom right looks to be TW9 only because no one else jumps out but cactus certainly has the skillz.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 11:31:44 AM »
why do so many folks get byes?

Because the bracket doubles in size with each round (i.e. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc.) so as soon as you pass one of those thresholds then byes are nessesarily introduced.  After passing the threshold each additional player begins to reduce the number of byes until the next threshold is passed and the number of byes once again increases.

Last tourney I ran multiple rounds simultaneously to reduce the number of byes during a given week but it made tracking and updating the bracket much more difficult so this time I decided to keep the rounds intact and get all the byes out of the way the first week.  There will be no more byes after this week.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
i just dont get it. folks get on this thing to duel fight kill people. why not team alll the ones with byes together and may the best man win
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »
Im more excited to see who wins this then I am for the Super-Bowl :o

Quarter Final predictions-
JB11 vs SunsFan                                             Kazaa vs Batfink
Mazz vs SeRaider(raider has a ton of 1v1 time)     akELFY vs cactus

Semis-
Sunsfan vs SERaider                          Kazaa vs akElfy

Finals

SunsFan vs Kazaa

winner
depends on starting ride....Spit16(dweeby) Kazaa wins.....K4(man ride) Suns wins

:D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:42:45 AM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"