Author Topic: Bomber damage  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Bomber damage
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
Fighting something that doesn't move at all and can barely defend itself? Hardly deserves having your name in lights. :(

Your first quote, you started this with some idea of what deserves recognition and what doesn't.  So...
The whole name in lights thing for "all" is still pointless though, which was my point all along. Sorry you missed it :D
... yeah no.

Oh and don't worry, I find this discussion just as funny.  :cheers:

*edit* Personally, I check the buffer to see the damage I've done. I would like to see the raise in the minimum required for a message tho.

I totally agree with you on that one, it's nice to know.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:36:08 PM by Jayhawk »
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »
This is the first time you mentioned the "look at me thread". Matter of fact the first thing you did was attack the issue of bombers getting their name in lights.

Then you go on to say that kills deserve to be recognized. Then you change your story and say it makes no sense for anything to be recognized. And then it's you don't care either way. Now it's you were just commenting on this thread. I keep making you repeat yourself to see which story you're going to stick to.
Well you are right to a point, I should have said "More deserving than damage points". Does that help? I love your enthusiasm and I hope you become a buffer legend. I'm pulling for both of you. My "story" as you put it, has been the same all along, I just don't have control of which story you're reading. Carry on :salute

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2010, 11:40:14 PM »

Oh and don't worry, I find this discussion just as funny.  :cheers:

I totally agree with you on that one, it's nice to know.

Unless your side hurts, I doubt it. And yeah, we agree about one thing :salute

"I'm curious as tot he largest damage ammounts people have seen landed for a single bomber sortie?  17,405 is my best so far." - does qualify as a "Look at me thread". BTW
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 11:44:41 PM by Bear76 »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »
Unless your side hurts, I doubt it. And yeah, we agree about one thing :salute

"I'm curious as tot he largest damage ammounts people have seen landed for a single bomber sortie?  17,405 is my best so far." - does qualify as a "Look at me thread". BTW

See, I never saw it as a "look at me thread".  I was excited to see what kind of damage could be landed, what planes they were doing it in, what they hit, etc. That's it.

BTW, we all get your condescending "I've been laughing at this whole thread" so you don't need to say that again.

Folks, play nice.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2010, 11:58:31 PM »
We need GV damage points.  :O

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: February 05, 2010, 11:58:45 PM »
See, I never saw it as a "look at me thread".  I was excited to see what kind of damage could be landed, what planes they were doing it in, what they hit, etc. That's it.

BTW, we all get your condescending "I've been laughing at this whole thread" so you don't need to say that again.

Sorry, but it seems I keep having to repeating myself. Condescending is kind of harsh, sarcastic maybe. :D

In all seriousness, I do applaud that you are sticking up for what you like doing. I wasn't trying to piss off anyone. I just know from experience there will be those that will go out of their way to impress the arena. Kudos to both of you and I hope your aim sucks when I try to shoot you down <S>
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:05:08 AM by Bear76 »

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Sorry, but it seems I keep having to repeating myself. Condescending is kind of harsh, sarcastic maybe. :D

So can we just agree to disagree already?  :)

:cheers:

Folks, play nice.

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2010, 12:41:37 AM »

In all seriousness, I do applaud that you are sticking up for what you like doing. I wasn't trying to piss off anyone. I just know from experience there will be those that will go out of their way to impress the arena. Kudos to both of you and I hope your aim sucks when I try to shoot you down <S>

Yea, hopefully Murphy's your co-pilot and not mine on that one  :D  I'm trying to figure out a way to get Thundr's crosshairs.

*edit* First time didn't come out the right way.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:46:29 AM by MadHatter »
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2010, 01:58:44 AM »
Agreed, get rid of the bombers point totals on landing.

Get rid of the fighters number of kills being posted on upon landing as well.

Heck, get rid of scoring of any kind.

(I can dream, can't I?)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »
<snip> OK, maybe my definition of a furball is different from yours, so lets try this again. If there are a whole bunch of fighters trying to swarm a base, and we have a problem getting guys off the ground or to there to defend it, then I go hit the base where the enemy is coming from. Conversely, if we're trying to take a base, then I'll hit hangars on outlying bases after hitting the base we're attacking. Those are tactical targets. </snip>

Here your saying your part of the fix and a part of the problem. First off your taking their hangars down so they can't continue hitting your base. Second off your taking down their hangars so they can't defend their base.

Exactly what is it you do again??
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2010, 07:33:15 AM »
So can we just agree to disagree already?  :)

:cheers:

It's a "last word" thing, Jay. My sons do this a lot.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline MadHatter

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2010, 07:59:46 AM »
Here your saying your part of the fix and a part of the problem. First off your taking their hangars down so they can't continue hitting your base. Second off your taking down their hangars so they can't defend their base.

Exactly what is it you do again??

Put big holes in other peoples backyards. I'm failing to see the solution/fix thing. If we're trying to cap/defend a base isn't that a way to do it?

Delirium, that be nice actually. Some sort of ability to turn off system messages.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:30:06 AM by MadHatter »
-MadHat
CO 81st Bomb Wing "Pogues"
"Carpet bombing is 100% accurate, the bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »
Can I get a formation of 3 190A8s...so when one of them go down, I can just appear in another as it warps into position of the one that just blew up...and in the process cause a collision with the guy that shot me down?  You can keep all the name in light crap that you want...I just want that.  mkay  thanks.

~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2010, 01:46:05 PM »
It's a "last word" thing, Jay. My sons do this a lot.
No it's a "get it right" thing and I'm probably old enough to your father :D

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2010, 02:07:53 PM »
I know a lot of people older than me, doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.  :neener:

When the discussion begins to turn into argument over the discussion, it's probably time to stop. <S>

Oh, and I just noticed your edit up there and want you to know my aim won't be off. My only weekness in bomber guns is on my dead six about 500 out, I can't hit anything there, that's where you need to be if you want to shoot me down.  :aok

Folks, play nice.