Author Topic: Jonah's Commandments for Fun  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: Jonah's Commandments for Fun
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
5) If thou art a spit, you dont need to breathe. :uhoh
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 08:17:03 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 08:20:54 AM »
The spitty comments never cease to amaze me, while its certainly a very capable plane its not much of a threat unless the pilot is good (same with all of em). A good P-40B driver is more dangerous then an average spit driver IMO. To be honest when I run into a spitty I normally feel the poor guy brought a knife to a gun fight...

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
along with 1, 2,3,4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10
whered he come from? ohh well... time for
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 09:35:56 AM »
The spitty comments never cease to amaze me, while its certainly a very capable plane its not much of a threat unless the pilot is good (same with all of em). A good P-40B driver is more dangerous then an average spit driver IMO. To be honest when I run into a spitty I normally feel the poor guy brought a knife to a gun fight...

QFT

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 11:56:02 AM »
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline shreck

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 12:09:08 PM »
You can stick number 5 up your bottom, whale bait.

I may be wrong but I think he means, "if you're in a spit there is NO need to give you a break or space" just pile on cause the twitfire is good enough to handle it :aok

I don't think he wants you to stop breathing :huh

Again, I could be wrong  :bolt:

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 12:21:46 PM »
I guess people checked the sense of humor at the door. I thought there were some legitimate topics and some funny ones in there.
But I do agree alcohol is a poor excuse for lack of self control.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »
Alcohol is not an excuse for lack of self-control.   When you start "blaming alcohol", you should seek help.   

I can only acknowledge this very cogent point by restating what "we" (buds and I) used to sarcastically say for laughs - back when we were young, dumb, and prone to this (and just about any other) type of habitual overuse:

"On taking the first drink, you assume responsibility for the entire spree."

We knew it was true even as we ran afoul of it on occasion.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »
I may be wrong but I think he means, "if you're in a spit there is NO need to give you a break or space" just pile on cause the twitfire is good enough to handle it :aok

I don't think he wants you to stop breathing :huh

Again, I could be wrong  :bolt:
+1
-AoM-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 01:55:02 PM »
I'd rather face the P-40B than a Spit8...and we won't even talk about the Spixteen that tends to perform some amazing things that I cannot force out of my joystick...fact is that most Spits are easy mode, easier than the D Pony and even a low end toon pile-it like myself can land multiple kills in one.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »
Liar.

Jonah's commandments for fun.

1. Thou shalt fly straight and level to facilitate thine own death at the hands of the master picker: Jonah.

2-10. Rinse and repeat.
Retired

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2010, 02:18:23 PM »
I'd rather face the P-40B than a Spit8...and we won't even talk about the Spixteen that tends to perform some amazing things that I cannot force out of my joystick...fact is that most Spits are easy mode, easier than the D Pony and even a low end toon pile-it like myself can land multiple kills in one.

I have never understood the "easy mode" comments.  No insult intended Gyrene, but all planes can be shot down.  It comes down to your skill level, how well you know your plane, and how you should fight that plane against a given enemy aircraft.   I don't know how most do it, but when engaging my head is spieling facts and figures (which by the way have to be taken with a grain of salt due to pilot skills).  Can it outturn me?  Can that plane outroll me?  Vertical performance?  Am I faster?  Can it dive with me?   On and on... This helps me develop a strategy for the dogfight.

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 02:25:30 PM »
Waystin, when someone of my skill level can feel more confident taking a Spit8 into a furball than a 109 or a P-51...that to me is "easy mode". You don't really even have to think unless you're facing a Zeke or Brewster.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »

It all depends on who's flying the P40B...or the spitty for that matter. While the spitfire is obviously a very capable plane its certainly not overwhelmingly uber. It's far less capable overall then the D pony for example simply because it can't control the engagement vs a lot of the plane set. On the other side it's very vulnerable to the FM-2, zeke, brew, hurricane if it gets caught in a knife fight. It's at a horrific disadvantage vs the late war 109's and has minimal chance vs an F4U (given equal pilots). It's touch and go with a ki-84 and useless against a Yak or 190D.

At the end of the day its simply an easy to fly plane with very good guns that allows an average pilot a fighting chance vs any other plane flown by an average pilot. Now obviously in good hands its very deadly...but so it the P40B.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 02:37:31 PM »
It all depends on who's flying the P40B...or the spitty for that matter. While the spitfire is obviously a very capable plane its certainly not overwhelmingly uber. It's far less capable overall then the D pony for example simply because it can't control the engagement vs a lot of the plane set. On the other side it's very vulnerable to the FM-2, zeke, brew, hurricane if it gets caught in a knife fight. It's at a horrific disadvantage vs the late war 109's and has minimal chance vs an F4U (given equal pilots). It's touch and go with a ki-84 and useless against a Yak or 190D.

At the end of the day its simply an easy to fly plane with very good guns that allows an average pilot a fighting chance vs any other plane flown by an average pilot. Now obviously in good hands its very deadly...but so it the P40B.

Humble's quick cliff notes on the Spit 8 is what I was referring to Gyrene.  After God knows how many years, he has quite an extensive list to evaluate a given planes strengths and weaknesses.  My library of facts is not near as large, but growing daily.  I am sure that you are in the same boat.  I am glad you feel emboldened by flying the Spit 8 into a fight as opposed to another aircraft.  She is my first AH love!  Ah gosh now I am getting mushy.... :cry

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!