Author Topic: my idea of what might happen  (Read 1462 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: my idea of what might happen
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »
IF the B29 was to win (and if the HTC staff are taking the poll seriously) i think that a basic "cuban missile crisis" would happen (if we got the nuke) the main squads of each country would act as the government trying to not get nuked.then causing gameplay to come to a halt because the rooks,bish,knights would be unable to attack because of the B29 nuke threat?

well i cant really explain so everyone else just post your ideas

No one said we are getting the nuke, the poll is for the B-29. The stock B-29 could not even carry a nuke, it was a field mod which HTC does not do.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 10:09:52 PM »
I'm all for the nuke as long as when I shoot one down and if hits the ground the nooook cooks off.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 10:16:26 PM »
Someone needs to dig up that old Loose Rivets comic where we get the B29.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline THRASH99

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 10:33:17 PM »
IF the B29 was to win (and if the HTC staff are taking the poll seriously) i think that a basic "cuban missile crisis" would happen (if we got the nuke) the main squads of each country would act as the government trying to not get nuked.then causing gameplay to come to a halt because the rooks,bish,knights would be unable to attack because of the B29 nuke threat?

All I can say, is if HTC adds the nuke with the B-29 if it wins, I better be seeing a Grand Slam bomb added to the lanc, no excuse not to.

Jokers Jokers
"CAN'T TALK NOW.....GOTTA SHOOT!" - Dan Zoernig
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - 56th FG

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
See sig.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 05:10:06 AM »
We have said before that we'll never do an atomic bomb.
I almost never say never, an exception to that is an atomic bomb.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:21:02 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 07:00:03 AM »
Then in two weeks when the 'new' wears off, the B-29 will settle into it's place in the game. 

Which if it's not perked, and perked WELL, means virtually replacing every other heavy bomber in the air except for the handful of players who fly planes purely for their history, because it's a favorite, or the challenge of so-called "inferior" rides.

As it stands right now, each of the three heavies has its own advantages. The Lancaster has its bomb load, the B-17 has durability, and the B-24 has speed. The B-29 matches the Lancaster in loadout, is faster than all three, and there's little question on its ability to take damage. This is definitely an aircraft that NEEDS perking.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »
There will never be a nuke....... but at one time I thought it was said, "there would never be a B-29".

I think the B-29 would be the worst addition to AH for obvious reasons.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 10:07:13 AM »

What are you putting in that moonshine? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
If I see a b29 in a tank town I'll take a 262 and obliterate it :D
:rofl

Which if it's not perked, and perked WELL, means virtually replacing every other heavy bomber in the air except for the handful of players who fly planes purely for their history, because it's a favorite, or the challenge of so-called "inferior" rides.

As it stands right now, each of the three heavies has its own advantages. The Lancaster has its bomb load, the B-17 has durability, and the B-24 has speed. The B-29 matches the Lancaster in loadout, is faster than all three, and there's little question on its ability to take damage. This is definitely an aircraft that NEEDS perking.
+1 Fully agree. I don't see HTC NOT perking this uber bomber.

Regardless the payloads provided (this is if the B-29 even wins the vote) i see this being perked, easily. If not then oh darn, people will have to learn to adapt to the most simple solution.... a porked base allows NO B-29's. Problem solved...if not then grab a plane, shoot them down, and move on. All of this riff-raff about the B-29 is just about rediculous IMO. If it happens, well it happens. If the 410 wins then that is its own story. Just stating my opinion.   :bolt:
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 10:22:42 AM »

:huh
I cant believe you actually typed that

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »
I really hope they take the chance to improve the realism of buff gunnery  speed / manoeuvrability compared to real life
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
I really hope they take the chance to improve the realism of buff gunnery  speed / manoeuvrability compared to real life

I'm sure you can provide us with details  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »

do people even read any of the replies from HTC?  Pyro already clearly stated there will be no atomic bomb added to the game, so why do people insist on bring up nightmare scenarios related to something that will never be added to the game?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »
Pyro should post a permenant sticky in the Wishlist / Aircraft and Vehicles areas saying HTC policy is no Nuke if/when the B29 is ever added to the game.

Once the bomb starts being dropped once a day and KILLING everyone in a country, most of the membership will cancel their accounts because there will be no game left to play. But, then no one ever accused CARTOON GAME players of being very bright. How many MMOG games stayed in business over the years because everyone used aimbots, hacked MOD's, DOS attackers and cable switches because they were in the best intrests of the games longevity?

A nook would be HTC introducing the biggest hack in the world to this game. Bunch of short sighted NUMPTIES..........tells me why you can't get anyone to fight anymore without 12 freinds above 15k backing him up.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.