Author Topic: Dear players of this silly game :  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dear players of this silly game :
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »
Keep in mind, the kind of player that has read countless books on air combat for tens of years before stumbling into this game is getting rarer & rarer. The kind of player that had a passion for WWII planes that will let him endure nothing but total "defeat" and cartoon humiliation is getting rarer. For more and more players, this game will be just that. Another game. And there is no way to prevent that.

Very sad, and undoubtedly very true. 

Fortunately there are other arenas within AH2.

- oldman

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »
I apologize I was rude. At the time I read this as just another kiss arse thread. Again my bad!

Not a problem.
Stay classy  :cheers:

Best EskimoJoe post to date.

I noticed that too  :)
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
Has the game really been dumbed down like you infer?  From all I have seen, it has gotten more difficult with each update.

Perhaps i am wrong though.  Please explain how the game has been dumbed down. 

The only thing I would disagree with from what you have posted Grizz.

Back in 1999/2000 when the game was new, the flight model was WAY tougher than it it now.  Noobs in their Spits on the deck pulling max g would always high speed stall and snap roll into the ground.  Anyone around from back then will agree with me that flying, especially pulling hard G's was MUCH more difficult than now.  I wish they would bring than FM back sometimes.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2010, 07:24:58 PM »

Back in 1999/2000 when the game was new, the flight model was WAY tougher than it it now.  Noobs in their Spits on the deck pulling max g would always high speed stall and snap roll into the ground.  Anyone around from back then will agree with me that flying, especially pulling hard G's was MUCH more difficult than now.  I wish they would bring than FM back sometimes.

Roger, I didn't know that.

Most of the "now and then" comments are more in line with recent years though, and I'm pretty sure there haven't been any "dumbing down" patches in recent memory.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
Generally people whine when they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

That being said, what is up with the Bish have AIM-9X's? I swear I saw it the other day.
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
First off, We need to find a name for the forgotten category of players that like killing red things. Tanks, planes whatever.
We get too caught up in this "furballer" vs "landgrabber" mentality and both dont get along because both groups refuse to believe that there is fun in both styles of play.
I can never be a "true" furballer. I like stopping rushes, thwarting missions and basicly just being a true pain in the arse to the other players. I can totaly understand and respect the need of the landgrabbers to have fun and be able to play their game. My problem is when that aspect "takes over" what the game is about.
I agree we do need balance and give people their fun. I just think most here are weak to subside to the fact that they give up too easily. Put it this way..HTC decides to remove the auto-takeoff for some reason why he chooses too.
Now you have a majority of the players that cant get off the ground. Would this suck? of course!!
. Would I then throw my joystick across the room like a screaming banshee, threaten to quit with hate letters directed to the HTC staff?..NO, I would deal with it best I could KNOWING the playing feild is leveled because now EVERYONE has to learn it.

This isnt a "furballers" game, nor is it a "landgrabbers" game. Im sorry I cant be sympathetic because I knnow bases can STILL be taken. Rooks went on a tear last night and took 5 in under 4 minutes each. Just learn HOW and the world is your oyster.

Not everyone does have to adjust.  Take someone who guns or gvs, what has that done to his perspective of the game?  Maybe now he has less targets in the air?  Maybe he has more company in gvs?  

Really, I don't see why you can't see the logic in B A L A N C E.   At this point I am ready to lay back and see what develops.  The plain fact that their is something in the works is enough for me.

Generally people whine when they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

That being said, what is up with the Bish have AIM-9X's? I swear I saw it the other day.

I suppose when you were on your 2 weeks free subscription you were a born ace. 

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2010, 09:16:22 PM »
Most of the "now and then" comments are more in line with recent years though

An excellent point.  Where does one draw the line?

- oldman

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2010, 10:00:50 PM »
EskimoJoe:

You know, this thread is itself a "whine", to use your terminology.  In other words, it's purpose is to inform others of matters which displease you, and to inform them of what you want done about it.  It is therefore no more or less valid than other such threads.  Remember, the only rules which matter, in regards to what should be posted on these boards, are HTC's.  If they decide they don't want to hear about customer issues, they will let us know. 

Don't get me wrong; I have no problem with you expressing your opinion.  However, doing so in a manner which suggests that your concerns are somehow more important than those of other players (use of the term "whine") looks a bit silly.  (Although you do have a point in that people should retain a sense of perspective about the game, and appreciate its many good points when expressing their concerns about its bad ones). 

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2010, 10:34:21 PM »
An excellent point.  Where does one draw the line?

- oldman

I'd say the line should be drawn when the game was at or around its highest player population.

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
is there a pre LA-7 time line to go from?

jk I dunno whats goin on here, but i heard

Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2010, 08:55:16 AM »
Rome wasn't built in a day... But Rome also fell, and the root cause is yet to be 100% certain.
I doubt it was because the citizens whining took its toll on the Senate, so they decided to close the empire.

Actually it was that almost all people of the world at that time desired Roman lifestyle and Power, yet few of them had any clue what it meant to be Roman! Nor did they think it was important to find out! And most wanted only the "handouts and entitlements". So when things got tough "which we all know they always do" those same folks jumped on the "bash Rome" bandwagon and destroyed it from within!  

Sounds much like another "modern era" country being knawed to death by the "entitled rats" that crawl forth from its bowels to chew at the freedom giving sytem that supports their ambivolence, hatred and guilt!  :aok
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:16:21 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »
Actually it was that almost all people of the world at that time desired Roman lifestyle and Power, yet few of them had any clue what it meant to be Roman! Nor did they think it was important to find out! And most wanted only the "handouts and entitlements". So when things got tough "which we all know they always do" those same folks jumped on the "bash Rome" bandwagon and destroyed it from within!  

Sounds much like another "modern era" country being knawed to death by the "entitled rats" that crawl forth from its bowels to chew at the freedom giving sytem that supports their ambivolence, hatred and guilt!  :aok

Hey JUGgler,

I want to help you out here, so I would suggest that you discard your current source(s) of historical information (video games / comic books?) and visit your local public library.  It will pay off in the long run, believe me.  :=)  

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
Hey JUGgler,

I want to help you out here, so I would suggest that you discard your current source(s) of historical information (video games / comic books?) and visit your local public library.  It will pay off in the long run, believe me.  :=)  

Obviously you've taken this too seriously  ;)
Army of Muppets

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »

I wish I could go back to 1999 when the game was new . Just seemed like we had more fun ?
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!