Author Topic: arena closing got to go  (Read 2771 times)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: arena closing got to go
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 09:00:32 PM »
No - We like playing with the yanks - end of story.
You like playing with us so much that if they change it back you all are gonna quit lol    :banana:
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
DMGod...just out of curiosity...Do you truly feel this strongly about the matter or are you just here to argue for arguments sake?......psst...best re read three ups post..bit of mistaken identity.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 09:12:10 PM »
I HATE HORDEs I rather enjoyed going into blue mid afternoon (eastern standered time) and switching to the side that was getting rolled and ruining the padders good time. I loved that if I didn't like the gameplay or map in blue I could go to orange. I liked having an option now I have Titanic Tuesday everyfrickenday everyday it's the same map everyday it's the same fights ( I am aware that there are other arenas but what drew me to HTC was late war planes I don't like the ava don't really care for early or midwar and in my opinion the DA is a joke). So yes I am here (on forums) because I genuinely dis like this new setup. 
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 09:17:48 PM »
Cool ...just checking  :D..

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
GOD, would a map change at least once a week make a difference?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 09:30:09 PM »
DMGod...just out of curiosity...Do you truly feel this strongly about the matter or are you just here to argue for arguments sake?......psst...best re read three ups post..bit of mistaken identity.

Thanks Tongs, but:

You can’t reason with the unreasonable or rationalise with the irrational. Some just run around with a bag of rocks trying to put them into other people’s shoes. DMGOD is the archetypal troll who just jumps out to be noticed. If the squeaky wheel got the most oil you could dump him off the south coast of Florida and solve 50 upcoming years of environmental oil spillage – he could sop it all up with barely enough left over to oil your nail clippers.
He didn’t answer the question though – did he?

I like the new arena set-ups as do most of the crew I’ve spoken to who are on at the same time as me. Obviously I can’t talk to those that aren’t on at the same time because – guess what? They’re not on. I mistakenly thought I could have an opinion and from most of the origins of posts  in here most people outside mainland USA like the alterations to the arenas. I actually think a lot from mainland USA like them as well, but maybe they don’t feel the need to say so.

The server is in Texas, the game originates from Texas so, to a large extent, that dictates numbers and times – that’s life. If the powers that be feel the need to alter things it’s their prerogative. Vote with the magic 16 numbers on your credit card if it upsets you that much – just get on with it. I post and view these posts to get opinions and discuss things about the game. If they shut the servers down I wouldn’t be able to play. For me they could reduce it back to “duelling C-47’s” before I would stop  - that’s my $0.02.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »
No - We like playing with the yanks - end of story.

i didnt seem that way in world war 2 after we got the P-51 lol jk jk jk

and it would mostly stop much of the whining for the most part atleast.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 09:35:41 PM »
Thanks Tongs, but:

I HATE HORDEs I rather enjoyed going into blue mid afternoon (eastern standered time) and switching to the side that was getting rolled and ruining the padders good time. I loved that if I didn't like the gameplay or map in blue I could go to orange. I liked having an option now I have Titanic Tuesday everyfrickenday everyday it's the same map everyday it's the same fights ( I am aware that there are other arenas but what drew me to HTC was late war planes I don't like the ava don't really care for early or midwar and in my opinion the DA is a joke). So yes I am here (on forums) because I genuinely dis like this new setup. 

reading isn't one of your strong points is it? I beieve I answered his question way prior to ur post. Guess ur the one looking for attention

[/quote]

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »

reading isn't one of your strong points is it? I beieve I answered his question way prior to ur post. Guess ur the one looking for attention

The second part of Tongs post? I can read fairly well and usually finish a sentence when I read.

You took my quote about objecting to 2 servers in which I said I liked playing with US crew and said this thread was populated with threats to quit. Tongs suggested you re-read it as you had referred to me threatening to quit – which I never would. Why would I quit? Or even threaten to? Good times.

Stay on topic.

The alterations to the arenas were announced and I’m fitting in with them. I like them and to my recollection blitzkrieg was a bit of a horde anyway in its time. I don’t think Eisenhower or Churchill had the benefit of posting on a BBS though. They just got on with it. Isn’t it supposed to be a realistic simulation? Put on your generals hat and solve the problem to win the war.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
The second part of Tongs post? I can read fairly well and usually finish a sentence when I read.

You took my quote about objecting to 2 servers in which I said I liked playing with US crew and said this thread was populated with threats to quit. Tongs suggested you re-read it as you had referred to me threatening to quit – which I never would. Why would I quit? Or even threaten to? Good times.

Stay on topic.

The alterations to the arenas were announced and I’m fitting in with them. I like them and to my recollection blitzkrieg was a bit of a horde anyway in its time. I don’t think Eisenhower or Churchill had the benefit of posting on a BBS though. They just got on with it. Isn’t it supposed to be a realistic simulation? Put on your generals hat and solve the problem to win the war.

well princess this isn't actually wwII but I guess with ur stats I can see why U hide in the hoarde or bliztkrieg whatever you crazy kids are calling it these days

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2011, 10:53:49 PM »
well princess this isn't actually wwII but I guess with ur stats I can see why U hide in the hoarde or bliztkrieg whatever you crazy kids are calling it these days

a)   I thought it was about WW2. Are we playing the same game?

b)   200lb princess – not a pretty sight. Without too fine a point on it with your avatar I wouldn’t be using the term princess too much to me. Gets me a little nervous.

c)   My smiles are my K/D, my squaddies are my assists, my enjoyment is my perk points.  What’s my score got to do with anything?

d)   No those wacky Nazis invented the term Blitzkrieg way before me champ.

Stay on topic and try not to spray insults.

I seem to notice a lot of shift workers from mainland USA seem to like the new arenas as well. It probably is good having the same sort of interaction as someone playing in USA prime time although the maps seem to be up a long time.

Mate you can carry this on with PM and not clog this BBS up. I would prefer that if you insist. Stay on topic.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

Offline harpermc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 08:58:30 AM »
This whole arena switch is a pain in the butt.

1) the times the arena changes are greatly annoying.

2) all you get right now is being vulched on the runway because the map is too small, and you have 30+ people vulching the base. then they take the base and do it all over again. and some wiseguy will say, go to a different base come in with alt. hard to do when your country is stuck with 8 bases and 3-8 are being horded 4 of the 8 are either a port or a v base. and the only ones that aren't being over run are two sectors away and the only reason they aren't being overrun is because they can't be captured. you also have a port with no CV.

which will open the topic; switch sides! Well frankly one shouldn't need to switch sides because the game play sucks.

A suggestion for off hours and peak hours, since anything we gripe about doesn't do squat. CHANGE THE MAP!!! please don't put the same map on off hours and peak hours.

seriously pondering to stop play this game. i left once, came back thinking it changed....well it did for the worse.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
The new areana set up benefits Europeans :old:

And as we all know the best sticks and players are European :banana:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »

good they can pay my 14.95, best at clearing 12's is all
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 10:00:58 AM »

edit : And as we all know the best NOSE PICKERS are European  :banana: