Author Topic: ar234 question  (Read 53369 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: ar234 question
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:44 AM »
Its forward gun pod could tilt its guns at a slightly downward angle? 

Can't read Japanese?

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #211 on: September 13, 2012, 12:46:48 PM »
An AR-234 B2 handbook I found on line all German of course.
Dated December 1944.
If our German readers could tell us if there is any good information on the periscope & it's views or how to use it BZA & so forth?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/99837642/Arado-Ar-234-B-2-Flugzeug-Handbuch-Teil-0-10-Ausgabe-Dezember-1944

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 13, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »
First look:

There is no mention about any rear firing MG 151/20. It could have been in part 8A (8B is about ordnance), but that part has been omitted and labeled as "not applicable)

The other interesting thing I noted was in the chapter about the Ruestsaetze - the Lotfe was only meant for Führungsflugzeuge, formation leaders.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
First look:

There is no mention about any rear firing MG 151/20. It could have been in part 8A (8B is about ordnance), but that part has been omitted and labeled as "not applicable) I am shocked.  :devil

The other interesting thing I noted was in the chapter about the Ruestsaetze - the Lotfe was only meant for Führungsflugzeuge, formation leaders. Now that is interesting as a number of captured aircraft when reviewed & photographed made mention that no Lotfe was install on the bomber versions & I always was wondering why.

Thank you Lusche.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »
I have the solution.

Rename the aircraft AR-234-C2.

Done.
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2012, 04:32:17 AM »
While we are on actual equipment that was on AR 234's. Here is the stall horn that Chalenge made a sound file for. A friend of his who has something to do with archiving something or other for some agency or museum?
Sorry I forget where.

Anyways an actual Ar 234 stall horn & this is what it sounds like.  :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=momLpeBwy3Q

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2012, 06:03:36 PM »
Its forward gun pod could tilt its guns at a slightly downward angle? 

I've seen similar setups for ground strafing. I think it was probably over-engineering on the Germans' part. Use the same pod in different configurations depending on which job needed doing. Planning for multiple roles for the same pod, but may never have been used that way.

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
Was the four engined 234s used in the war? or were they testbed/prototypes?
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:39 PM »
Was the four engined 234s used in the war? or were they testbed/prototypes?

The first two with four engines were prototypes with the model A designation that was V6 & V8 they also had the dolly & skid undercarriage. Then came V13 on the B model. When the C model came into production all of that designation had four engines.

A number of these C models were also V types or prototypes.
Arado did have the C model up & running & a number were delivered to bases & were preparing to form squadrons when the war ended.
Long story short no four engine production AR 234 was ever was used in combat that is known.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: August 13, 2013, 03:16:27 AM »
Only a few more parts needed and you could build a new one  :banana:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
Can I ask a quick question regarding these German jets? Were their engine reliability issues due more to design issues of early model jets or were they more due to the problem the Germans were having getting the proper metallurgy imported and produced? I know both were issues but which caused more problems?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
Can I ask a quick question regarding these German jets? Were their engine reliability issues due more to design issues of early model jets or were they more due to the problem the Germans were having getting the proper metallurgy imported and produced? I know both were issues but which caused more problems?
Both were causing issues. Ability to properly forge - ability to source quality raw materials - consistently damaged facilities - hidden factories built into mountains without sufficient lighting and manufacturing controls and processes and the list goes on and on...and they were truly the first engines and were VERY complicated and they were working out consistent assembly and fine tuning manufacturing processes.   Throw in end-of-war and loosing badly stress, you have wobbly-made planes.

So to answer your question, neither were singly responsible more so than the other.  Throw in poor quality fuel - and you have yourself engine problem at the end of WWII for the luftwobbles.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:19:55 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2013, 02:17:03 PM »
  Lets not forget the sabotage that was happening!

I was reading up on the 163 and they had a unit delivered that they found had sand in the rocket engine!

Cables were cut,bolts not tightened suficiently and numerous other things all added into the problems of lack of materials and or proper facilities.

:salute