Author Topic: Are you a "timid" flyer?  (Read 8034 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Are you a "timid" flyer?
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »
Timid? This afternoon I was in a 190D, a Niki dives on me. He's at high speeds so unable to roll-turn with the 190, he yo-yos, and after a few of these little dance moves he ends up 200m behind me. I pick up my speed on the deck, he empties his guns trying to kill me, ack ends up killing him.

So....you dragged him to ack when you had a faster plane with ammunition and fuel?

Yes, I suppose people might call that timid.

- oldman

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 02:58:10 PM »
Oh well.  to each his own.  the comment was as to the fortitude/skill of a certain pilot.  I felt it was a bit inappropriate tis all.

You quoted me however, and I have no idea who this pilot is.  Nor do I care. 

The fact remains that you can easily game fighter rank by scoring just Tempest (or 262 or whatever) missions as Fighter and scoring the rest as Attack.  Racking up tons of fast kills in a Tempest while surviving is pretty easy.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
You quoted me however, and I have no idea who this pilot is.  Nor do I care. 

The fact remains that you can easily game fighter rank by scoring just Tempest (or 262 or whatever) missions as Fighter and scoring the rest as Attack.  Racking up tons of fast kills in a Tempest while surviving is pretty easy.

Or you could artificially create a furball with lemming squad members while you come in with any other plane and pick your way to fame and fortune. We dont know anyone that does that now do we?  :rolleyes:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 05:41:06 PM »
Or you could artificially create a furball with lemming squad members while you come in with any other plane and pick your way to fame and fortune. We dont know anyone that does that now do we?  :rolleyes:

I guess you're talking about Bruv?  I'm about four years out of date on the super pilot du jour, so I don't really know anything about him.   In any event, I've never fought him or don't remember doing so if I did.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 06:18:43 PM »
I guess you're talking about Bruv?  I'm about four years out of date on the super pilot du jour, so I don't really know anything about him.   In any event, I've never fought him or don't remember doing so if I did.

I think he might be referring to the joke you and the rest of the BK's played with the massive P-40 kill streak.  On a side note, it's actually quite amazing he was able to see from outer orbit while on his quest to conserve fuel.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:23 PM »
You dont seem to be willing to stop the base grabs. I think we have something around 25 captures which were primarily to irritate the enemy into a fight. Two other squads in there have over 100 captures and I know you are well aware which two squads they are.
The base grabs never bothered me either way, either being grabbed from or doing the grabbing.  More often than not I get kills out of the deal and generally have a good time.  The one thing it boiled down to for me was coming online seeing you guys heading towards my base, I grabbed, found you guys at 18-20k, dodged two passes from your fighters and then they left the sector at a great advantage.  I was a little puzzled thats why I asked to begin with.  I knew you all were new to the MW and I just wanted to know what the deal was going to be.  I finally figured out that you guys were basically a LW squad coming into MW to practice squad ops in the more leisurely paced, and generally less skilled MW.  Its all good.

I hope you all keep coming back and basically just stir up some fights.  Mix things up.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
You cry about how others bring down the game play in the MW arena when in fact you're just as much as the problem as the ones you cry about.  Change your handle to Kettle because all you're good at is calling the pot black.

ack-ack

Ankle, meet humper --->akak
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »
I attempt to not intentionally engage at a disadvantage if at all possible. In reality, you will be engaged at a disadvantage enough as it is against your will. It's pure silliness, in my personal opinion, to go out of your way to put yourself into a disadvantageous situation. It's the enemy's job to do that to you and you to him.

On the flip-side of that, I find it very unexciting when the enemy intentionally allows himself be engaged at a disadvantage. I much prefer the tactical intrigue of an enemy that makes me work for that privilege.

If I find myself at a disadvantage, I will seek to dis-engage and consolidate my position, if & when the opportunity presents itself, prior to re-engaging. That is just common sense as far as I am concerned.

If that is timid, then I am guilty as charged.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:58:25 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
Exactly Zazen thats why people who fly around at 1k...get picked then taunt you on 200 have no grounds.

Woof ;)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
Ankle, meet humper --->akak
He's not humping your ankle.  He's proving a point.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2011, 07:51:03 PM »
Exactly Zazen thats why people who fly around at 1k...get picked then taunt you on 200 have no grounds.

Woof ;)

Yup, my personal theory regarding those folks is what I call the, "Shane syndrome".

If you are at 1k and get ganged or picked or whatever, you can lash out at your molestors, conveniently blaming your untimely demise on their enormous advantage. If you happen to win a fight, you instantly attain glorious hero status and can gloat of your prowess to world, shaming your would-be assailant(s). In either event, your ego remains carefully protected and massaged.

Now if you're at 10k and you engage someone at 5k and lose, you have no one to blame for your dismal failure but yourself. However, if you win, well ...so what... you had the advantage you were supposed to win. So, the pilots' ego can therefore be "pinged", but never glorified.

So, the perennial victim type, equipped with excuses to fail, is really engaging in cartoon pilot "ego defense".
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:46:54 PM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2011, 08:43:06 PM »
He's not humping your ankle.  He's proving a point.
lol <shakes leg>

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2011, 08:47:41 PM »
lol <shakes leg>
Hopefully im not on your leg.  I don't even no who you are nor have I heard of you in game. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
I had to google for the true definition of timidness

1. Lacking self-confidence; shy.
2. Fearful and hesitant.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:02:50 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
Hopefully im not on your leg.  I don't even no who you are nor have I heard of you in game.  
Ya, I was wondering who you were too.....