Author Topic: cant stand the game anymore  (Read 4541 times)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: cant stand the game anymore
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
Something to ponder: The last B-17 I killed with a P-51 died while I had just two bullets in two guns. In your example you stated a two second burst! With that much ammo I could and have killed all three B-17s. By the same token I have killed P-51s trying to do the same thing to me.

Drediock is right... its a matter of experience.
funny you mention this... i was in a k4 earlier today. out buff hunting, put 2 taters in a b24, one was wing, the other was tail. forced to finish him with my BB's... im thinkin "How am i gonna do this? :huh" only 400 BB's later he was down :-P mind you...those 200 BB's used was with him shoooting at me.  

just reinforces the need for consistancy and convergence.

Probably because the Japanese didn't have 262s for the NAVY to catch with their corsairs.
but the japs did have rockets...
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2011, 10:19:39 PM »
*in a strong Polish accent*

"Repeat please"

:devil
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2011, 11:07:11 PM »
see,i would have films.but since HTC screwed up.i cant even play them

no,ive got it filmed.but i get a window that sais "windows does not recognize this..yada yada..it sais i can either get web help or choose a program to view it.windows media player cant play it i guess.there for.i cant do it

Great!  Filming your issues is an awesome way to learn from them, and have a better time in the game as a result.

The fact that you cannot play your films isn't an HTC screw-up, it's one of the ways you're misunderstanding what you're experiencing.  Aces High films aren't actual "films", and won't play in any player other than the Aces High Film Viewer, which is included with the game when you download it.  The first time you try to open a film, you'll get the message you describe.  You need to go with the "Choose a program" option, selecting the AH film viewer, and checking the box that says something along the lines of "use this program for all files of this type"...  From then on, you won't have any problems viewing your films.  Another option would be to go into the Local Disc/Hitech Creations/Aces High folder, and open the film viewer (NOT THE FILM FOLDER).  It's an icon labeled ahfilm.  Once the viewer is open, go to the top left corner and open the file, and choose the path to the film you want to watch.  There is a lot of tweaking you can do to make the most out of the viewer (adjust your views, turn on trails, icons, etc, and even watch from the other planes perspective).

I'd suggest posting films here on the forums for review by other players.  They can help immensely with interpreting what's going on and why.  You'll learn much quicker that way, rather than trying to get good at the game by yourself.  It's a tough game, and has a treacherous learning curve.

I'd also suggest you take a trip to the AHTrainers page, and read EVERYTHING.  Again, it's going to speed up the process of improving your ability and enjoyment of the game.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Lastly, I'd recommend you try to actually link up with a Trainer for some 1 on 1 training...
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2011, 11:17:03 PM »
The big question here is, what kind of other AIRPLANE games he has played
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »
I'd suggest posting films here on the forums for review by other players.  They can help immensely with interpreting what's going on and why.  You'll learn much quicker that way, rather than trying to get good at the game by yourself.  It's a tough game, and has a treacherous learning curve.

I'd also suggest you take a trip to the AHTrainers page, and read EVERYTHING.  Again, it's going to speed up the process of improving your ability and enjoyment of the game.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Lastly, I'd recommend you try to actually link up with a Trainer for some 1 on 1 training...

None of these things will happen.  He found the forums.  It's hard to miss the one labeld "Help and Training".  Clearly he doesn't care to take the time to learn the game and clearly in his mind his own laziness is also HT's fault.

I applaud your trying to help but I think it might be time better spent just waving goodbye as he walks out the door.  There are players eager to learn the game the you could better spend time on.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2011, 01:27:22 AM »
yep.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2011, 01:51:48 AM »
quit your whining here  :ahand 
I've killed a wellknown jet@rD w my 1A. do you see him whining? no. bye bye

greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2011, 01:56:24 AM »
None of these things will happen.  He found the forums.  It's hard to miss the one labeld "Help and Training".  Clearly he doesn't care to take the time to learn the game and clearly in his mind his own laziness is also HT's fault.

I applaud your trying to help but I think it might be time better spent just waving goodbye as he walks out the door.  There are players eager to learn the game the you could better spend time on.

I totally disagree with this. I think the O.P. posted out anger and frustration. This game can be frustrating. Then again maybe for some help and advice and he didn't know how to ask correctly. Yes he should go to the training and help section of the board.

Addendum: Then maybe it was the fact that he lost a 262 and just knew the guy that killed him had a big giant humongous grin. Probably laughing too. Well if it's the latter Joach1m said he lost 7 262s in one camp. Might as well throw that ego out the door and laugh with everyone else. I've augered those things before and you know that sent a shock wave of joy through the enemy. I just say, oops!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:06:28 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2011, 02:41:54 AM »
Your right Getback the OP was out anger and frustration, but if he would understand his mistake he would probably not be as frustrated, learn from it, and not do it again. I would send him to the help and training forum, but one if his problems is that he does not realize how realistic this simulator is. A basic game can be learned in one day and you can be good at in 2 days, he said he been here for 3 month (I think) and he's nowhere near average. I perfectly understand why he does not like it.

As BaldEagl said before this simulator might not be for him, perhaps he needs a more basic game that you can master within a week? Flying is not for everyone.

One of the first things I recommended him to do is take a break, while on that break study the physics of flight and ACM, then come back and give it another shot. It does not seem that he liked that idea very much (he actually totally ignored my post), but I think that's the best thing he can do. The only other option for him is to trust us saying that it is realistic and learn through trial and error, but I bet he does not want to do that anymore and we can not make him.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:47:22 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2011, 04:18:05 AM »
Yes, Machfly, sometimes a break is really good.

Only 3 months. LOLOLOL. I've been here about 10 years and I am not close to knowing everything. I like that though. I like to think there's things to learn. Makes it fun.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »
So I don't need this gun to Rino head anymore.  :bhead

Wow, my SA worse than ever.  I never even noticed Bush's gun  :D

Phan
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2011, 07:26:23 AM »
ive played airplane games but nothing online like AH.

From your remarks and your understanding of flight dynamics I would believe that you haven't played any "airplane" game like AH. You really do need to quit.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »
:rofl

There is this thing we call energy.

you mean 5 hour energy?  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Thruster

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2011, 07:46:30 AM »
I takes a while to get handle on how much thought has gone into the modeling of the game. A lot of effects that seem inconceivable at the moment turn out to be pretty obvious once you get what's really going on.

Having said that I can tell you the game's gotten much worse in terms of reliability over the last few years. No matter how much they choke the servers with arena caps and such some things are just a product of playing a game on the net. Maybe one day I'll post a vid of a 3" shell bouncing off an m-3 to substantiate but don't hold your breath. It's not our job to provide QC input. This stuff should be worked out before we log in. But all in all $15 to be an all access beta tester is pretty cheap.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2011, 08:43:13 AM »
look idiot.dont need to be a jerk cause u got a 3 inch wang

You may be leaving the forum as well.