Author Topic: B-17  (Read 4129 times)

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
B-17
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:39:41 PM »
To be honest, I say it was the best bomber of the war over germany... It was heavily armored and had a crap load of 50 cals. The game portraits it well also, it can take a beating. A wiseman once said B-17's Will get you home  :salute to all the buff tards! Proud to be one
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: B-17
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:28:24 PM »
Strong cases can be made for the Lancaster, B-26 and Mosquito as well.  The B-17 does not own the "best bomber" slot by any means.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »
you are a true bomb tard, doing nothing but bombing the field in the DA  :rofl

but for me, the list for heavy bombers goes

bombload:B29>Lanc>B24>B17.

armament:B29>B24>B17>Lanc.

Armor:B17>B29>Lanc>B24

survivability:B29>B17>B24>lanc.

(i based survivability off of all the atributes put together)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
you are a true bomb tard, doing nothing but bombing the field in the DA  :rofl

The B-17 has the two extra .50 cals in the nose. So it should be reversed between the B-17 and the B-24.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 10:06:44 PM »
The B-17 has the two extra .50 cals in the nose. So it should be reversed between the B-17 and the B-24.
True but the b24 carries more ammo in the tail and nose than the 17. and Most fighters in AH shy away from attacking the front of a bomber. so the extra ammo in the b24's tail sways it ahead of the b17.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:49:47 PM »

I find the Lancaster harder to kill than the B-24 due to the B-24's tendency to become a fireball after light hits to the wing root.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:58:51 PM »

I havent done that in a month and thats not all i do sir, to tell you the truth you are a no life who biases everything off of some one who does something once or twice I bomb in the MA and im good at it sorry if my squadies just wanted to have some fun <S> Sir

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 12:09:14 AM »
I havent done that in a month and thats not all i do sir, to tell you the truth you are a no life who biases everything off of some one who does something once or twice I bomb in the MA and im good at it sorry if my squadies just wanted to have some fun <S> Sir
Ive witnessed your squad do it multiple times, theyve even stated they do it once or twice a week.  so no, im not bias, im making my accusations from observation.

and how can you call someone a "no life" for being on the same game you currently are on?  :headscratch: never really understood this philosophy.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »

Oh dear...

:bolt:
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »
Ive witnessed your squad do it multiple times, theyve even stated they do it once or twice a week.  so no, im not bias, im making my accusations from observation.

and how can you call someone a "no life" for being on the same game you currently are on?  :headscratch: never really understood this philosophy.
So what just because my squad does it sometimes and for the past 4 weeks i have seen them not do it at all.Ive even seen them turn down a fun bomb raid, so you are biased and your a no life because you sit there making false accusations torwards people and jump them for having fun, all my squadies pay their 15 dollars just like you and I think they deserve to have fun with the game instead of playing it like you wish everyone would.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 07:46:35 AM »
So what just because my squad does it sometimes and for the past 4 weeks i have seen them not do it at all.Ive even seen them turn down a fun bomb raid, so you are biased and your a no life because you sit there making false accusations torwards people and jump them for having fun, all my squadies pay their 15 dollars just like you and I think they deserve to have fun with the game instead of playing it like you wish everyone would.
your wrong on so many accounts here.

1. Ive intercepted 2 of those little DA raids, which in 1 i shot down 2 bombers(you being one of them) and the other you were in it. was it not YOU who came on the forum posting a youtube vid about you bragging of your DA bombrun at 20k?

2. as stated above, im not making false accusations, ive seen you in the little DA raids twice, and you YOURSELF already posted evidence that you participate in them. so if im a no-life for making false accusations, does it make you a no-life for lying?

3. you pay your $15 yes, but certain arenas are set up for certain things and they are not without rules. one rule is that you DO not bomb the DA lake fields. i believe Hitech himself has stated this.
so no, you cant play however you wish. you can play however Hitech says you can play. seeing how its his game.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 07:53:30 AM »

See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
I find the Lancaster harder to kill than the B-24 due to the B-24's tendency to become a fireball after light hits to the wing root.

I order of ease of kill I say Lanc>24>26 and the 17 being the hardest..  Karnak, you just have to know where to hit a lanc and they fold like a paper airplane under a truck tire and their defensive armorment isn't as good as some of the others..  Last month I was 8 and 0 against lancs...  they's easy meat....  :x
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 11:18:48 AM »
QFT   :aok

I am the easiest fish in this pond!!!
See Rule #4