Author Topic: <S> The Few  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Re: <S> The Few
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2011, 08:47:47 AM »
I have never spoken to this debrody in three years of playing this game and now he decides to send me abusive PM's. this is shocking behaviour :old:

Have you informed the police  :old:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2011, 08:50:15 AM »
I have never spoken to this debrody in three years of playing this game and now he decides to send me abusive PM's. this is shocking behaviour :old:
Seriously. Was an interesting flying style on your side, but its your 15 bux. After 3 years, still this?  : )
AoM
City of ice

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2011, 08:58:36 AM »
Seriously. Was an interesting flying style on your side, but its your 15 bux. After 3 years, still this?  : )

:uhoh Who is king monkey. De Brody is saying he has a bigger redder one than you Zack :D

DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
I think I am quite objective and what I have noticed tends to annoy is that the squad if arriving in numbers can kill a fight.

<snip>

Anyone who has taken the troube to think about it or done any reading about fighter tactics of the era on which the game is modelled knows people do better working as a team.

I've done a few SAPP nights, they are events during the year where the P38 drivers get organized and fly in the MA. Truth be told, I don't like them at all. Anytime a group of coordinated individuals arrive over a fight in the MA it almost automatically equates to a lopsided fight, which isn't fun for anyone. My dislike of our SAPP nights encouraged me to create a mini-FSO SAPP vs JG11; it was a great success and probably the most memorable SAPP night ever.

I'm not going to make many friends by saying this but flying in squadron strength in the MA with good coordination is a game killer. When most of the guys out there are alone or are loosely winging with someone, it is just overkill. Some squads do fly together but stay out of fights once they occur, clearing each other only when they become overwhelmed and thankfully, this is the rule rather than the exception.

Flying in squadron strength and using strong tactics is smart flying, but I feel it belongs in FSO, scenarios, or the Squad Dueling bracket.

(I've written this several times, trying to find the right tone, I hope it comes across as I had intended)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2011, 09:05:31 AM »
Seriously. Was an interesting flying style on your side, but its your 15 bux. After 3 years, still this?  : )

As you are aware I was waiting for bombers that were coming into that base, then I observed two of you were  ganging a knight, so I came down.

You are  rude bad mannered and abusive :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 09:12:43 AM »
I've done a few SAPP nights, they are events during the year where the P38 drivers get organized and fly in the MA. Truth be told, I don't like them at all. Anytime a group of coordinated individuals arrive over a fight in the MA it almost automatically equates to a lopsided fight, which isn't fun for anyone. My dislike of our SAPP nights encouraged me to create a mini-FSO SAPP vs JG11; it was a great success and probably the most memorable SAPP night ever.

I'm not going to make many friends by saying this but flying in squadron strength in the MA with good coordination is a game killer. When most of the guys out there are alone or are loosely winging with someone, it is just overkill. Some squads do fly together but stay out of fights once they occur, clearing each other only when they become overwhelmed and thankfully, this is the rule rather than the exception.

Flying in squadron strength and using strong tactics is smart flying, but I feel it belongs in FSO, scenarios, or the Squad Dueling bracket.

(I've written this several times, trying to find the right tone, I hope it comes across as I had intended)
You do bring up a very good point but as long as their is communication in game people will still group up :salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 09:29:52 AM »
You do bring up a very good point but as long as their is communication in game people will still group up :salute

And it is good social fun to be all working together doing the same thing or working for the same objective.

You came across very well and objectively rather than I got shot down too many times and now I have a beef which is how allot of similar posts sound.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:40:27 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2011, 09:32:50 AM »
And it is good social fun to be all working together doing the same thing or working the for the same objective.

You came across very well and objectively rather than I got shot down too many times and now I have a beef which is how allot of similar posts sound.
Pigs have normally tried to start their own fights to fox the problem of hording...calling out on 200 where we were heading...even telling other squads what we were doing and talking some smack to them. But I do agree working together and just having a fun time with mates is one of the best parts of Aces High.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2011, 10:03:43 AM »
Whether you are alone or in a squadron in this game and are in any way competitive, you want to fly and win. All this balony about not ganging and flying high ENY aircraft to make it fair is garbage. The aim of the game is to win and have fun doing it any way you want to. I've been in a few of the squads here and they are generally the same, out to improve their skills, enjoy the squads company and win as much as possible.

....and Zack is a gentleman....it says so in his signature...

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2011, 10:48:37 AM »
Zack is a gentleman and Debody is a Nazy

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2011, 10:58:45 AM »
and Debody is a Nazy
This is dead on. Anyway enjoy your report.
AoM
City of ice

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
Klingan: nm i wasnt saying anything. Do what you want, how you want.   :salute
:salute
 :cheers:

The Few GFC

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
Yes, I was on vent alot flying with Bone. In the middle of the day no one on my squad flew. And I had no problem with the Few. Until a few things happened and then it went down the chitter.

People wanna know what those few things were, so I am writing the short story.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 11:21:22 AM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
So why am I getting abuse of this oddball :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
This is dead on. Anyway enjoy your report.
I think he is calling a Fascist, due to your Authoritarian manner
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho