Author Topic: Meat  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Meat
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »
How is it not? How could any species survive if it didn't place its own needs before that of other species?
just the way you said that, it sounded like you were categorizing humans apart from what would be considered "animals" .

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
how is this? We're animals ourselves.

Im not siding with Penguins discussions, But lets face it, if Human Beings weren't smart enough to create weapons, We'd be at the bottom of the food chain.
but we are smart enough, thus we are at the top so what is your point?  BTW, I prefer my meat beaten

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2011, 07:21:32 PM »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2011, 07:54:31 PM »
but we are smart enough, thus we are at the top so what is your point?  BTW, I prefer my meat beaten
In some cases we are not on the top of the food chain.
"I drank what?" -Socrates

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »
Ah yes, living in the sticks, so calm, so peaceful, so filled with animals that would like to eviserate you.

-Penguin

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2011, 11:07:19 PM »

Im not siding with Penguins discussions, But lets face it, if Human Beings weren't smart enough to create weapons, We'd be at the bottom of the food chain.

and if sharks didn't have big sharp teeth so'd they. What's your point?

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2011, 11:12:20 PM »
I believe his point is that no one animal is intrinsically superior to any other.  I second that notion.

-Penguin

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2011, 11:27:31 PM »
As a human being, I would like to tell the rest of the animal kingdom to suck it. I consider myself more important than you because dammit I'm hungry and you look tasty.

I know I've got some fellow humans out there that say silly things like you're our equals (or maybe even superiors) but they're all lying. If they really felt that way they lie down in front of you and say, "You look hungry, little guy. Have some of my arm." You met any that've done something like that? That's right: Hell no. We all about survival up in this b*tch, and at the expense of yours if need be.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2011, 11:46:58 PM »
That sounds good, it's just that as it stands, most live in absolute squalor.  In addition, with lab-grown meat coming into the picture, I think we'll have an even better solution.

-Penguin
:rofl dude! You have to be from the city.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 12:25:36 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2011, 03:19:51 AM »
I believe his point is that no one animal is intrinsically superior to any other.  I second that notion.

-Penguin

speak for yourselves.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
As a human being, I would like to tell the rest of the animal kingdom to suck it. I consider myself more important than you because dammit I'm hungry and you look tasty.

I know I've got some fellow humans out there that say silly things like you're our equals (or maybe even superiors) but they're all lying. If they really felt that way they lie down in front of you and say, "You look hungry, little guy. Have some of my arm." You met any that've done something like that? That's right: Hell no. We all about survival up in this b*tch, and at the expense of yours if need be.

I said intrinsically superior.  My point is that just because you're a human doesn't make you better than a cow.  The reasoning behind this is that there is no such thing as absolute morality, it's all subjective.  That being said, I would never let an animal eat me because I want to live!  If that means cracking a few less sentient skulls, so be it.

-Penguin

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: October 10, 2011, 12:05:43 PM »

-Penguin

I said intrinsically superior.  My point is that just because you're a human doesn't make you better than a cow.  The reasoning behind this is that there is no such thing as absolute morality, it's all subjective.  That being said, I would never let an animal eat me because I want to live!  If that means cracking a few less sentient skulls, so be it.

-Penguin
:headscratch:  sometimes i wonder about you...where you come up with this stuff is a real mystery. and here i thought the concept of the food chain was simple enough for even 1st graders...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: October 10, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
Sun>Grass/Grains>Pig>Me I understand it, I just feel bad for the pig.

-Penguin

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2011, 01:00:42 PM »
Sun>Grass/Grains>Pig>Me I understand it, I just feel bad for the pig.

-Penguin
inhumane commercial farming practices aside, the pig is very happy lying in the mud, especially when it's hot. it may not be your standards for living but it is the pig's.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett