Author Topic: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 12219 times)

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
Re: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2012, 06:30:05 AM »
How do you know there was attempts from both parties? Tomcat is so online atm I'm not even sure he got the message that he won  :headscratch:

From the posts on here it sounds as though they were using the let's just meet up method and also from his posts there was at least once he was on and not DrBone. There a series of 3 posts where the seem to have just missed each other.

Had they scheduled a specific time to meet up and Tomcat had missed it then all DrBone would only need to do is show the exchanges leading to the times scheduled and the DA roster showing Tomcat missing from it and then he would have moved forward. To me using the "let's just meet up sometime" method only requires that you get on line at some point to qualify as an attempt to meet.  There was no meet time for either party to miss to qualify an instant move to the next round. The only thing Tomcat showed with his post about moving on base was that there was a brief period of a few days that he could not be on. Should that mean that he should be treated as if there was no time throughout the rest of the week for him and DrBone to meet? That would be the same thing as Joach1m and my meet should go to him if we can't meet up because I only had to nights this week to get ours in and he did not list any times for me.

I can't vouch for all the review committee members but this was my thought processes when tasked with this missing duel.

To be honest I have tried my best to explain my decision process as best I can on the matter and really any more discussion is going to come off more as arguing than explanation so I will let it go here in hopes of ending the drama.

I will end with this one last comment, make every attempt to schedule 1-2 times for you to meet with your opponent and make those times. That alone will end the need for extensions and/or random draws.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:57:46 AM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »
Batfink, great fights <S>

109e - Batfink
spit9 - 4Fox
spit9 - Batfink

Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
I was commenting on the "Sorry we missed each other, I'm moving and won't be online until I've settled in post".

That sounds like a forfeit to me, instead you throw someone who 'can't be online' into the next round?  You've effectively given next round bye.  What if this had been the semifinals?  Would the finals in the bracket be decided by a random number generator because someone 'can't be online'?  :headscratch:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »
I was commenting on the "Sorry we missed each other, I'm moving and won't be online until I've settled in post".

That sounds like a forfeit to me, instead you throw someone who 'can't be online' into the next round?  You've effectively given next round bye.  What if this had been the semifinals?  Would the finals in the bracket be decided by a random number generator because someone 'can't be online'?  :headscratch:

Wil3ur I understand what your reference is to but we all have obligations and can't be ready to get online 24/7. Those few days that he could mot get on still allowed several other says that he could possibly duel.

Again I can not speak for all the review committee but we can't take just one post and base our decision on that one. It is our job to look at all the posts and form a decision.

I fully understand that not everyone is going to have the same opinion on the matter.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11:10 AM »
Didn't answer my question...  if this issue happened in the Semi-Finals, and the person had stated they were unable and would be unable to be online...  would the Championship be decided by a random number draw?  Would it count as a forfeit and the champion be crowned without a fight?  Would a random draw be selected of those who lost in the previous round to enter into the next round?  Would the person who 'lost' the random draw be ushered into the next round so there is a fight?  This whole thing seems confusing to me.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2012, 09:18:23 AM »
Didn't answer my question...  if this issue happened in the Semi-Finals, and the person had stated they were unable and would be unable to be online...  would the Championship be decided by a random number draw?  Would it count as a forfeit and the champion be crowned without a fight?  Would a random draw be selected of those who lost in the previous round to enter into the next round?  Would the person who 'lost' the random draw be ushered into the next round so there is a fight?  This whole thing seems confusing to me.

In my opinion, short answer, Yes.

Both players made and attempt to get fight in.

Again, this is my opinion. All members of review committee made their own decisions based on their interpretation.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:19:58 AM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
It wasn't a yes or no question, but thanks for playing!   :aok

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »
Tomcat PM sent.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »
 :lol wilbur!
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
It wasn't a yes or no question, but thanks for playing!   :aok

Actually, your entire line of questions was framed as yes/no.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2012, 12:26:33 PM »
I use the Xcel random number generator, in this case set to a maximum of 2, with the top player in the bracket being number 1 and the lower person in the bracket being number 2.  If it generates a 0 I run it again until I get a 1 or a 2.

=randbetween(0,1) will return you just two numbers

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
Batfink, great fights <S>

109e - Batfink
spit9 - 4Fox
spit9 - Batfink

Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Great fights Fox, could have gone either way. Thanks for the fun.

S!

Will post films on sunday, heading out for the weekend.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »
if this issue happened in the Semi-Finals, and the person had stated they were unable and would be unable to be online...  would the Championship be decided by a random number draw?

Most likely not.  I try to do everything I can to get the final fight in.  We had one drag out two weeks or so one time.

Would it count as a forfeit and the champion be crowned without a fight?

If it dragged on too long and it became obvious the fight would never happen then yes but not without sufficient notice of a hard determination date.

Would a random draw be selected of those who lost in the previous round to enter into the next round?  Would the person who 'lost' the random draw be ushered into the next round so there is a fight?  

No.  They lost and therefore lost the right to elevate to the next round.  Once you've lost you're out and we only work from the current round.

I hope you're no longer confused.

I said for a few tournaments now that I was goin to step away from the decision making process.  This was the first real test of that.  I didn't weigh in at all but did outline what I wanted them to do in terms of reveiwing the thread and the rules.  While I may or may not agree with the decision to come out of the committee I respect it.  Four players, all of whom are in or have played in this tournament, made a judgement call and there's nothing really more fair than being judged by your peers.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
While I may or may not agree with the decision to come out of the committee I respect it.  Four players, all of whom are in or have played in this tournament, made a judgement call and there's nothing really more fair than being judged by your peers.

Not so long ago I saw you overturn your review commitee's decision...

:uhoh
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:34:05 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2012, 02:29:30 AM »
Why so much drama? Oh wait it's a dueling bracket thread...

Random draws are always gonna happen, get used to it. I think people are complaining because the way they see it the other persons only chance of beating them is random draw. Get over your ego and sign up for the next one.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.