Author Topic: Ramming Speed!  (Read 1961 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Ramming Speed!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 08:17:05 PM »
I might not but thats definantly happend. It happend a few days ago and numerous times before that

Ya, you got shot.

I think what 4 prop is refering to is the message recieved in the text buffer ? It may say "you have collided with" or it may say "so & so has collided with you." This seems to indicate someone is being tagged as responsible.

No, it doesn't. There is NO responsibility. The message is just stating a fact. Either you collided, he collided or you both collided.

The white message: SoAndSo has collided with you.
Some part of his plane intersected with your plane from his perspective, on his front end.

The orange message: You have collided.
Some part of your plane has intersected with his plane from your perspective, on your front end.

If you see both messages then you both collided.

If you want to put "fault" into the equation then it isn't programming but tactics that are to blame.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »
ok that explains it better. i thought the white message of fudnucker collided means he was charged with it and he should be the one damaged more

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 04:10:06 AM »
ok that explains it better. i thought the white message of fudnucker collided means he was charged with it and he should be the one damaged more
I thought that was probably what you had in mind ... The lag thing is for real ... but keep in mind there are a LOT of "serious" gamers around here who have Very Powerfull Computers and Very Fast Connections ... and they aren't so seriously effected by LAG problems.  If you understand HOW lag works it's quite possible to fly your plane and create a collision on the other guys front end that will kill him and leave YOU unscratched.
:O
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
I thought that was probably what you had in mind ... The lag thing is for real ... but keep in mind there are a LOT of "serious" gamers around here who have Very Powerfull Computers and Very Fast Connections ... and they aren't so seriously effected by LAG problems.

A faster computer and connection speed as almost no effect on lag.  has ZERO effect on lag.

But connect speed is really a moot point. Because the lag seen is the combined lag of both people, hence you will both see the exact same lag unless your connection in and out do not take the same path. But the lag still will not effect the collision, what you see is what you get, and you have no way of determining what the other person sees.

If you understand HOW lag works it's quite possible to fly your plane and create a collision on the other guys front end that will kill him and leave YOU unscratched.
:O
A great myth.

And if you could actually fly your plane precisely enough to do a pass that you could predict a collision on the other persons end, there would be no reason to do so, it would be simpler just to shoot him with that type of flying skill.

HiTech

HiTech
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:35:12 AM by hitech »

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »
and you have no way of determining what the other person sees. A great myth. HiTech
Could you explain then the Guys who CAN create a collision consistantly ? I've had it demonstrated to me 5 - 6 times in a row ... ???
:cool:

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »
Could you explain then the Guys who CAN create a collision consistantly ? I've had it demonstrated to me 5 - 6 times in a row ... ???
They've got slow internet and the other guy is bad at flying

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

Who are these guys you refer to?

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 12:06:52 PM »

one would be evz.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »
one would be evz.
No .... Collisions are NOT one of my tactics ... If they were I wouldn't be wishing that I be Killed (too) for creating one. I realise there are technical considerations and that HT doesn't have a magic wand ... I also realise that the reality of intentional Collision Kills has been demonstrated ... I don't think those involved would appreciate being drug thru the mud by the disruptive elements, so I'll spare them that.
:angel:

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 12:45:20 PM »
No .... Collisions are NOT one of my tactics ... If they were I wouldn't be wishing that I be Killed (too) for creating one. I realise there are technical considerations and that HT doesn't have a magic wand ... I also realise that the reality of intentional Collision Kills has been demonstrated ... I don't think those involved would appreciate being drug thru the mud by the disruptive elements, so I'll spare them that.

:noid orly?

I'm more of the opinion that there isnt anyone specific, you're just trying to prove a point regardless of whether you have any facts or proof about your ideas.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »

Either post the evidence, or it's just paranoia BS. To save the "parties" involved, send it strait to HTC. Other wise it's BS

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 01:25:26 PM »
The 'if you see it' premise is completely incorrect.  I've had many instances where in forcing an overshoot, rather than do the right thing and shoot past into my gun sights, the plane will press to keep with a manuver he cannot hope to match, and ram me squarely from behind.

In almost every instance of this happening, my plane is in two pieces, I am 'charged' with the collision, and the other guy flies past unscathed.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »
:noid orly?

I'm more of the opinion that there isnt anyone specific, you're just trying to prove a point regardless of whether you have any facts or proof about your ideas.

This is pretty much what this guy does. I haven't seen much lucid thought from him since he found the place. I've put him on the shelf with the DW's of our forums.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
its even funnier when the other person is charged with the collision and you take all the damage in the world and they dont have a scratch

It's even funnier to see posters like yourself posting about things they're utterly clueless on.  Learn how the collision model works before you post about it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »
I also realise that the reality of intentional Collision Kills has been demonstrated ... I don't think those involved would appreciate being drug thru the mud by the disruptive elements, so I'll spare them that.

In other words, you're talking out of your brown orifice again.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song