Author Topic: P51D vs Yak9U  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: P51D vs Yak9U
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2012, 08:53:45 AM »
"Now, the MA environment is completely different"

Can You explain this?

:salute
The MA is not a cage match and the P-51D is free to use its speed and fuel endurance advantages in order to beat a Yak-9U.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »
ty
mobilis in mobile

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2012, 09:34:13 AM »
Yak is roughly as fast and out turns the PonyD. That being said in the last two weeks I've killed 2 or 3 Yaks in 1v1, no loses. Really boils down to pilot skill in my opinion. That being said I'm sure there are Yak drivers that could turn the tables on me, just haven't met them yet.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »
Why doesn't it compute?  He is taking out the variable of the pilot and puts the focus on the plane.  How could you possibly compare planes if pilot skill becomes part of the equation? 
Since when did the Yak become a contender in this game anyway  :lol?  Some guy puts some goofy restrictions on the fight then makes a false statement that the Yak will always win no matter who is flying it and some how it becomes a fact?  Ask that guy if he can beat everyone if he is in a Yak. The answer should be yes if he is right.

There is no way to take the pilot out of the equation as i stated before its NOT POSSIBLE  UNLESS YOU bail out   :rofl  why dont you let bat answer for himself .. He chose not to responed to me. I got not problem with that.
You cant win and take the pilot out of the equation your argument is not possible, jedi mind tricks dont work on me.
You have to be confused!!! Bat claims that the 51 will win no matter what ,contradicts your claim that.
"Saying that plane A always wins vs plane B no mater who is flying it is silly."
Why dont you ask your own questions and stop trolling in the third person?
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »
There is no way to take the pilot out of the equation as i stated before its NOT POSSIBLE  UNLESS YOU bail out   :rofl  why dont you let bat answer for himself .. He chose not to responed to me. I got not problem with that.
You cant win and take the pilot out of the equation your argument is not possible, jedi mind tricks dont work on me.
You have to be confused!!! Bat claims that the 51 will win no matter what ,contradicts your claim that.
"Saying that plane A always wins vs plane B no mater who is flying it is silly."
Why dont you ask your own questions and stop trolling in the third person?

Wow, my bad.  I now understand why Bat did not answer.   :aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2012, 12:12:01 AM »
How could you possibly compare planes if pilot skill becomes part of the equation?  /quote]

How could you possible compare planes without pilot skill as part of the equation? 

Please let me know how this is done?

When did planes reach singularity?

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »
This thread went from a good discussion to a FAIL contest.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2012, 11:01:24 AM »
This thread went from a good discussion to a FAIL contest.

reminds me another thread  :headscratch:  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
boo - where are you

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2012, 01:53:12 PM »
boo - where are you

He's at Old Gregg's.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »
 I fly the P-51 almost exclusively and have for 4 yrs or more so I know the plane pretty well. However last week because of ENY I grabbed a Yak9U just for the heck of it. I was very surprised by this little plane. Even without wep is is very fast and accelerates like mad and turns much better than my 51 will and I am on a equal footing with the LA-7. I have flew the Yak 5 or 6 times and had about that many kills in it mostly P-51s. The Yak has very low ammo and the range is some what poor but a very good plane. Pilot skill is everything most times and I am not a great pilot as I am more of a Tanker.