Author Topic: Who thinks that Bombers in the game have jumped the shark?  (Read 1578 times)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Who thinks that Bombers in the game have jumped the shark?
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 09:25:42 PM »
I believe that both are true. The problem comes to the for when you add in the ability to arise from the dead instantly.

I believe the real planes that the cartoon ones are modeled after would, and could perform as they do in the game. The biggest difference is our planes don't get wear and tear and while you could do these maneuvers in the real planes you wouldn't get away with it for ever, and one mistake could be your last.

Here on the other hand, we can do these maneuvers over and over with out fear of the plane failing, nor, should we screw the pooch, dieing. HTC has used the data they think is most accurate and this is what we get. This being a game, people who CAN not or WILL not try to excel with training and skill instead look for the "short cuts" to get around that whole issue of "learning" and "practicing" to build a "skill". So instead of flying with a friend or two to create bigger buff groups that can protect each other they fly alone and count on ridiculous evasive maneuvers, or just don't care whether or not they get shot down as so use them as dive bombers and ground straffers.

This ..... many of us have more sorties under our belt the entire score of pilots of each country combined during the WWII days .... this combined with the lack of real death we can push the FM which is from what I can gather as close to the real parameters of each planes flight envelope as you can with 1's and 0's ...... had the pilots of the day had unlimited lives and planes I'm sure they would have been doing some of the so called Unrealistic' stuff we see in game .... not to mention that many would just get comfy and a feel for one particular plane type then get told no...that one is no good now...we have a bigger better one for you ....

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »
MA is for fun.

If you want less MA antics play in FSO or Scenario's. That's what they're for.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »
In the last full tour, the B-17G in the LWA had 4316 kills and 12452 deaths, a ratio of .35 kills per death.

The B-24J had 3294 kills and 9699 kills, .34 kills per death.

The B-26B had 2038 kills and 6756 deaths, .30 kills per death.

The Ki-67 had 208 kills and 764 deaths,  .27 kills per death.

The Lancaster Mk III had 3849 kills and 17743 deaths, .22 kills per death.

The Ju88A-4 had 440 kills and 3190 deaths, .14 kills per death.

The only bomber to get more kills than deaths was the massively perked B-29A which had 225 kills and 204 deaths. 1.10 kills per death.

None of those stats make me think bombers are racking up the kills or that they have excessive impact on the game.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 01:46:25 PM »
LOL Rap,

I agree 100%

You might get

"I shoot Doves" or "I like Lamb" though as an answer to a sincere question. :lol

Old Shark,

<S>======]----------------------------

PS. I always loved the swords
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
If only the hordes were into bomber flying, I could call for an end to formations.

:rofl
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2012, 02:31:52 PM »
I dont think bombers have jumped the shark.  I can say there have been some changes from when I played in 2k4 -2k8.  The one thing that kills me is this.

1.  IF you have not been in the military, then you most likely have no clue as to what you should expect out of the .50 cal.  With that, if you dont know, dont speculate, and dont think that reading a book makes you an expert.

2.  IF your going to attack a bomber, dont engage your tractor beam, and sit off my tail at 800 yds, and expect I cant kill you.... I CAN.  With that, dont whine how the bombers are over modeled....your flying was under modeled...just sayin.

3.  Bomber Pilots, TIP for you....Learn how to shoot at slashing aircraft....its not easy, but, with the right lead, you can kill.  That top turret can be your friend.
     Also, learn to shoot for yourselves.  I know you cant shoot while your calibrating or dropping bombs, but, if you cant gun for yourself, dont expect another to gun for you and be alot of help.  

I believe myself to be a descent bomber pilot, and have have my share of turret kills.  There are some that are far better.  One of the best tactics I have seen is this....  In stead of slashing, I had a 109k4  pull loops.  They started off high and behind, built up his speed during the first run.  Passed low and to my front extending about 1k to my front then pulling into a loop, when he came back down, this was his second attack...and continue this process till I was all dead....that was one of the best attacks I have seen.

Thats my two cents...

Twsted72

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:29 PM »
What is asked is a clear statement of what kind of game is this

It is exactly what you make it.  An environment, a sandbox, to do what you will in.   
This game has more options in it than most players take advantage of.  We each log in for our own reasons. To entertain ourselves.  That means different things to different people.  Anyone coming in with an expectation of what someone else should do is doomed to be disappointed and unhappy with the game play. 

You have the main arena which by it's design is a free for all.  Play for the benefit of teams, countries or your individual glory. You have the WW1 arenas, you have arenas that have limited plane sets to accommodate those who don't want to fly early war against late war, you have AvA arena, you have the entire broad brush of the CM's with the Scenarios, FSO, Snapshots, Races, and a multitude of specialized events.

What more would you like it to be when you can make it whatever you want? 

At least, that is a clear statement of what this game is to me.  Of course, with that, your original question and continued effort to get an answer is what makes the game go the way you want, and that's ok too  :aok

ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.