Author Topic: Odd?  (Read 2394 times)

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
Re: Odd?
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 10:31:33 PM »
If it was a good fight I usually salute the guy, win or lose....but this sounds like a bunch of effing high school girls getting their panties in a wad :old:

Anyone man enough to salute I salute em back, don't care if they vulch ho picked me in a 5 v 1. That said, if someone doesn't salute me back I figure they are either busy in a fight, or don't tune 200 (amazing not everyone tunes the drama channel no?) . Anyone getting upset is a tad childish in my book...now lets get back in there and fight!

Ditto.

How many times have any of us been in the middle of a great fight, only to be picked by a guy who then salutes us like he accomplished something.  

Maybe he did, could be a new guy.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2012, 11:07:49 PM »
Doesn't matter.  Sometimes I salute, if I think it was an especially good fight or I feel like it.  Sometimes I don't because I am simply not thinking about it, or on to something else and didn't even bother paying attention to who it was that killed me.  The bottom line is I don't expect a salute if I shoot someone down.  Those are expectations that will never be met so I would constantly be disappointrf.  I'd rather have no expectations and be pleasantly surprised if it happens than have an unmet expectation and spend most of my time disappointed.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
Ditto.

Maybe he did, could be a new guy.

Go back and read it in the context of what I wrote shiv.

Jekyll, I would be hard pressed to describe anything that we do in AH as "manly"  :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 11:19:36 PM »
I always respond to salutes. After a good 1v1 I always salute first, win or lose.

I know some refuse to salute no matter...what ever.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Go back and read it in the context of what I wrote shiv.

I understood you I think, unless I didn't. Even if not a new guy, might be acknowledging you flew well and were hard to pick. Either way, unless some one is using <S> to wind you up, what's the difference? <S> back and move on.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:33 AM »
There are some people in this game the second you login and see them you automatically .salute them out of respect. Then there are the "others".

JG 52

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 05:08:18 AM »
Just .squelch vdallas

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 05:15:14 AM »
Just .squelch vdallas

It surely can't have been him, Sukov said he lost a 1v1 against whoever it was... :O
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 05:24:41 AM »
My keyboard is in a not good position to type so that I had a button programmed to write <S> only.

If I can, then I add the nikname of the opposer too.

In a furball  ...  ???   :O

In general if I don't answer that's is because I have something more interesting to do.

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »
shane....when exactly did you develop such a severe case of cranial-rectomitis?

a few years ago when i was seeing you in the ma fairly regularly you were a good guy who was willing to acknowledge even a noobie just showing effort....when did you become such a jaded arse?

I'm still appreciative of efforts - always have been. It's been my standard practice to not do <S> since even before I came to AH. Like I said, I acknowledge in other ways. It's just a personal thing, about the <S>.  I save them for the passing of vets and stuff like that here on the BBS.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
I often salute people after shooting them down and find they have logged.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »
It surely can't have been him, Sukov said he lost a 1v1 against whoever it was... :O
lol Ive been killed by that guy, and THEN he pm's me to berate me for whatever stupid thing I did to end up in the tower
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
I'd throw a salute to people I enjoy fighting or a friend that has landed a good bag of kills even if I wasn't one of them. 

Don't expect a salute from me If you just ganged or HOed.     I will return your insulting salute when I next kill you  :D

Any good fights that go on for awhile, win or lose you will get one back.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 11:04:56 AM »
I'd throw a salute to people I enjoy fighting or a friend that has landed a good bag of kills even if I wasn't one of them.  

Don't expect a salute from me If you just ganged or HOed.     I will return your insulting salute when I next kill you  :D

Any good fights that go on for awhile, win or lose you will get one back.

What about picked or vulched?....or "dogfight interruptus"?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »
What about picked or vulched?....or "dogfight interruptus"?

I wouldn't up from a vulched field,   as for picked it would be my own SA's fault and not the good teamwork of my opposition  ;)
The Few ***
F.P.H