Author Topic: My mom called me  (Read 6436 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: My mom called me
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Salmonella will kill you just as dead as the plague.

Anyway, I love Pine snakes. They've been known to eat entire nests of wood ticks.

:banana: <-- My Son thinks that guy is hilarious!

:lol

dude you would have to be a complete moron to get salmonella from a captive snake, let alone a wild one...  :rolleyes:

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »
You asked a question, and I answered it.

Like you're the pinnacle of good decisions. Hold your judgment for those that care.

Give me a break.

EDIT: See my sig line.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:35:35 PM by Melvin »
See Rule #4

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2012, 10:46:32 PM »
You asked a question, and I answered it.

Like you're the pinnacle of good decisions. Hold your judgment for those that care.

Give me a break.

EDIT: See my sig line.

:rofl :aok

you have no clue as to what and how I decide on things...you would be quite surprised if you did.

oh and that's not the thumb I am sticking up at ya.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:52:01 PM by ink »

Offline AirLynx

• Copper Member
« Reply #123 on: May 02, 2012, 09:36:43 AM »
IDK Texas, but I'm pretty sure killing snakes is illegal here in TN....
Really? :uhoh :bolt:

All I'll say is he shouldn't have let the meat go to waste, snake is good.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2012, 10:28:52 AM »
Really? :uhoh :bolt:

All I'll say is he shouldn't have let the meat go to waste, snake is good.

Yeah, a TWRA agent that's a friend of mine informed me of that after I sent him a picture of a dead snake asking what kind it was.

Something I found pretty funny, a day or two after this thread was started, a buddy of mine came up to me, randomly, and asked did I know that killing snakes was illegal in TN.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
IDK Texas, but I'm pretty sure killing snakes is illegal here in TN....

Well, if that is the case, I better never go back home to Tennessee.  There may be a mass murder warrant out for me.  I used to kill them by the hundreds as I was plowing our bottom land field next to the Cumberland River.

Fred
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:04:25 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
why you respect them and clean theyre cage on a regular basis. my girlfriends sisters boyfriend has had snakes his whole (hes only 21), and has yet to get any sort of sickness from them. granted, hes young, but after years of owning multiple snakes at a time he is far more likely to get salmonella, tapeworms or round worms then someone who passes a snake in the woods.... just saying.
the way you get it is by touching the snake and not cleaning yourself. the salmonella transfers to you if the snake is not clean. washing your hands after you touch a snake stops any chance of you getting the disease. (of course not putting hands to mouth prewash also helps :lol )
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
the way you get it is by touching the snake and not cleaning yourself. the salmonella transfers to you if the snake is not clean. washing your hands after you touch a snake stops any chance of you getting the disease. (of course not putting hands to mouth prewash also helps :lol )

How about putting the snake directly in your mouth?  :uhoh
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: May 02, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »
No kidding, it's not like he was using the shed out back to cook meth.

ack-ack

I just spewed Sprite Zero all over the monitor!

It's called pest control, people... We didn't climb to the top of the food chain by being a bunch of limpwrists...  Anything I catch in my food is toast, and I NEVER leave a snake, rodent or pest alive - ever.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: May 02, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
I just spewed Sprite Zero all over the monitor!

Is that an expression or did you literally spit soda all over your monitor?

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: May 02, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »
Well, if that is the case, I better never go back home to Tennessee.  There may be a mass murder warrant out for me.  I used to kill them by the hundreds as I was plowing our bottom land field next to the Cumberland River.

Fred

Hahaha, look back at one of my earlier posts about intentionally hunting them in the Miss. River bottoms!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
then why do they do the snake things on fear factor.....  :bhead
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:42 PM »
Well if my Mom called me and said there was a snake in her shed. I'd drive two hours to kill it or even look at it. Because there's no snakes here in Ireland. Not a one unless you count pet snakes and zoo snakes. We're lucky like that. I remember telling a guy from the Phillippines that fact. He was most impressed, he didn't like snakes.  Who does?

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
Well if my Mom called me and said there was a snake in her shed. I'd drive two hours to kill it or even look at it. Because there's no snakes here in Ireland. Not a one unless you count pet snakes and zoo snakes. We're lucky like that. I remember telling a guy from the Phillippines that fact. He was most impressed, he didn't like snakes.  Who does?
Ink. I dont mind em, my girlfriends sisters boyfriend has a good bunch.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »

I love snakes, magnificant creatures, absolutely amazing. Deadly, adaptive, efficient and beautiful in a strange way.

But, the rules are, me or him. And I choose me every time, which is an unfortunate reality.

This is the most lethal snake in the world, the Inland Taipan from Queensland Australia. Beautiful reptile, really placid, not aggressive, eats rats and mice and possums. The Solution is a shovel. Quickly. But its best just to get a snake stick and net, and trap it and then release it (if your brave enough).

If you get a Tiger or Rattler. Kill it quickly. And make sure its dead.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"