Author Topic: Climate change?  (Read 6582 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Climate change?
« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
What I will say is this though, the thought that humans have little impact on this environment is incorrect. We can look at many different areas to see this:
species hunted to extinction
extinction or endangered due to loss of habitat
smog/ground level ozone
acid rain
subsidence
mining (why hybrids as a solution is stupid, batteries suck to make and dispose of)

All those areas are real, tangible and evident. However thanks to the carbon scam they're hardly ever mentioned anymore; to say nothing of all the funds diverted to carbon that could have made a real difference. It is something that angers me.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2012, 03:49:17 PM »
All those areas are real, tangible and evident. However thanks to the carbon scam they're hardly ever mentioned anymore; to say nothing of all the funds diverted to carbon that could have made a real difference. It is something that angers me.

I wholeheartedly agree that those and many other issues need to be addressed far more than they are now. The only one I even hear about at all anymore is deforestation, and smog made a bit of a resurgence after the 2008 Olympics. I think that if some of those areas received some traction in the public conscience, we could reduce a great many other problems that stem indirectly from them.

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:00 PM »
But...  I thought that the debate was over??

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #318 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:50 PM »
you guys apparently have remarkable scientific intuition. it seems a shame for mankind to let it go to waste, perhaps you'd like to look at some old toenail clippings and tell us the cure for cancer? :D

Terrible thing is to watch all that schooling go down the tubes for lack of use. Putting the descriptor "Scientist" next to a name does not an intelligent person make. Same with engineer. It's what you do with it from there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #319 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:22 PM »
here's another question.

where do we get the majority of our o2 from? and what does i live on in order to provide us our o2?

no googling.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #320 on: July 16, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
here's another question.

where do we get the majority of our o2 from? and what does i live on in order to provide us our o2?

Green plants and they live on Co2
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2012, 05:05:48 PM »
Algae

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2012, 05:07:09 PM »
here's another question.

algae, we can loose a large majority of tree's but be fine as long as there's a large source of algae
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »
Skuzzy, do you still believe that the moon is going to leave Earth's orbit and end all life within several hundred years?  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

The amount of information available on this topic is rather large.  And just as many opinions seem to pervey it as well.

Do not forget meteorologists also hold that the Earth goes through cycles of weather.  From one ice age to the next is a rather long period of time, but it happens.  During the time between ice ages, the Earth's atmospheric termperatures rise and fall.  Some metoerologists feel (I say *feel* as there is no way to actually prove it) we are on the leading edge of the high temperatures and in a few hundred years the temperatures will peak, and the start of the next ice age will be begin.
None of this happens overnight, and after the start it will take another serverl hundred years before the Earth is an ice ball again and then it will warm and start the process over again.

Long before the next Ice Age happens the Moon will make its departure.  This will end life on Earth before the next Ice Age happens.

The Moon departure is real and easily verified.
 The weather stuff is still somewhat more art than science and almost impossible to pin down.

I could care less about the so-called "global warming".  Seems it is going to happen in spite of us amd mankind will all be dead once the Moon makes its departure.  Hmmm.  Mankind just does not stand much of a chance at all.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:39:10 PM by ByeBye »

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
Bye bye..  So...  You think everything is just going to keep hanging around in perfect balance for you forever?

Offline ByeBye

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2012, 06:43:20 PM »
Bye bye..  So...  You think everything is just going to keep hanging around in perfect balance for you forever?

I'll start another thread, don't want to hijack this one.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Leeroy Jenkins!!!!

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2012, 07:14:19 PM »
Man made climate change - to believe it you have to be outlandishly gullible at the least, and a narcissistic megalomaniac at the worst...  The world has been much hotter and much colder for centuries on end at a time...  Our life span and any so-called damage we can do is merely a punctuation mark in a footnote of the pages of history and pales in comparison to the forces of nature itself.

Didn't you guys get the news about all of the collusion to fake data from the University of East Anglia some years back?  It showed that all of the so-called 'evidence' was faked and agreements were made within the scientific community to 'stick to the story'. 

The earth may very well be warming, but we have nothing to do with it whatsoever.  Go about your life and enjoy it to the fullest - it is far too short as it is!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »
Tree ring data, anyone?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »

Green plants and they live on Co2

incorrect. you are not allowed to operate your blender above medium for 1 week.  :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)