Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11625 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #210 on: July 12, 2012, 06:45:14 PM »
Just saw NathBDP in LWA!

Imposter

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: July 12, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »
Imposter

(Image removed from quote.)

He said he flew with Leviathn and has been gone for a few years, just returning recently.  Sounds authentic, but how can one really know for sure without asking a question only he would know the answer to? :headscratch:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:41:27 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: July 12, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »
Wrong.  Some of you don't get it.  There is real value and good advice in this thread to improve skills including the OP, imho.  You have to ignore some of the silly responses and look for the good information.  Many have found it... can you, with an open mind? :headscratch:

In the end, you can read and read all you want, but until you actually get out there and keep practicing on your SA, your never going to be "awsome".
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: July 12, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »
I wish I could. :frown:   Tried, but my eyes weren't good enough at the time. :cry  Close though.

At least we have virtual piloting now where awesome is also achievable.  :aok

or maybe here
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: July 12, 2012, 07:29:38 PM »
I have to hand it to you Midway, Whoever you are?  You sir, are the greatest troll of all time.   :salute
The enormous hauls you bring in for such obvious bait is astonishing.  Now I fell for it too.
For some reason every time you start a thread, I think of this:

"Fill your cravings at Midway's Circus of Values!"
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Valen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #215 on: July 12, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »
<--last 2 month top k4 scorer :t

salute deniss
Smoke to the bone

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »
I have to hand it to you Midway, Whoever you are?  You sir, are the greatest troll of all time.   :salute
The enormous hauls you bring in for such obvious bait is astonishing.  Now I fell for it too.
For some reason every time you start a thread, I think of this:

"Fill your cravings at Midway's Circus of Values!"

am not a troll!  Trolls are ugly and talk about highly polarized off topic things in mean ways:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMEe7JqBgvg

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,335729.msg4414819.html#msg4414819

I sincerely want to be an awesome pilot in Aces High, the sooner the better.  :angel:  I practice constantly, during most of my free time, ... check my stats, thousands of sorties per tour for almost two years.  I sincerely want and listen to help from some of the best pilots in Aces High.

Just look with an open mind and you'll see.  I am getting better and better, slowly. :joystick: and understand the learning curve is very hard, but am making progress and as my OP shows, have more to overcome.  Have been at it only close to two years now.  Some of the best pilots have been here or AW or similar for 10+ years.  Working hard to speed it up to take less calendar time, and wish I would have started 10 years ago.

There!  Got that off my chest.  Please continue on topic now...

:salute
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:34:04 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Valen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2012, 08:54:04 PM »
STFU.

Really midway i think is about age, younger the better nothin u goin to practice about, you can develop a style and a techqnuique i uplift up thatt word you understand, focus on what you have , not what you want.- :neener:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:00:00 PM by Valen »
Smoke to the bone

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2012, 10:38:54 PM »
Doubt age has much to do with it unless you're very young or very old.  You have to focus on what you want to make progress, can't be satisfied with just what you have. :)

With each year, age adds wisdom to the skills. :old:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:42:54 PM by Midway »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #219 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »
Was good fun messing with ya on 200 tonight BD.  You are predictable :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »
Midway, ever think about changing your name to cottontop?
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #221 on: July 12, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
Midway, ever think about changing your name to cottontop?

Or Wife.

Hell, he runs his mouth like one.....
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2012, 01:29:04 AM »
About 3 to 7 days we should see the next Midway thread.
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline Mime

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #223 on: July 13, 2012, 02:28:10 AM »
Imposter

Never cared for k/d.  I would always auger and re-up instead of flying back to base or would up wantonly from capped fields.  Only stat I ever truly looked at was kills per hour.

But yeah this game has become bitter as hell.  Logged in today with my old handle only to face a wave of shade accusations, even from some people who were pretty respectable back in the day. 

Nickelodeon indeed.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: July 13, 2012, 04:45:27 AM »
Never cared for k/d.  I would always auger and re-up instead of flying back to base or would up wantonly from capped fields.  Only stat I ever truly looked at was kills per hour.

But yeah this game has become bitter as hell.  Logged in today with my old handle only to face a wave of shade accusations, even from some people who were pretty respectable back in the day.  

Nickelodeon indeed.

That actually sounds good for me.  Would give me a lot more fight time to do that if there are no more bad guys to encounter on the trip home.  I actually waste a lot of time flying home with half a wing and no chance of another fight.  Landing is easy, most of the time, but consumes too much time.

I don't really care about landing wtg's or even k/d as much as improving skills to handle tough situations -- and I up from capped fields every day, get grief for it but it's fun and hard to win.  I have a reputation of stupidity for it, among other things.  :D

Good idea.  Will do this for a while. :aok

There are a lot of good people in game.  You have to ignore the rest or have fun with them.  At least I do, when they get all bent out of shape about something.  Occupies the time on climb out or the trip home.
:devil

If I auger once all cons are down, I'd spend less time chatting.   Now if we only had air spawns to avoid the long climb out and time looking for a fight.

Thank you!  Hope to see you in game for a good fight.  Won't accuse you of shading, never heard of you anyway but like your way of thinking.  :salute

PS: Now that I think about it, you're not the guy that PM'd me with "Dude", are you? :lol   What did I pm back?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:43:22 AM by Midway »