Author Topic: Side switch time  (Read 7615 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Side switch time
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
You are using posts from a year ago.

How dare you be so accurate and use his own words against him?

He changes his mind every week, depending upon whose knob he is currently polishing...

Snicker
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
 :rofl
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
The inability to freely switch sides works against dynamic ENY-values as an incentive to even out sides.
Being stuck for 12 hours completely defeats the eny system.. should be more like 30mins to 2hours ballpark (again).
(And yes, I know ENY didn't bring about perfectly even sides when switch timers were short)

veni, vidi, vulchi.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 12:11:55 PM »
I miss the 1-hour side switch times dearly.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 01:09:01 PM »
I miss the 1-hour side switch times dearly.

you and I both :aok

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »
The inability to freely switch sides works against dynamic ENY-values as an incentive to even out sides.
Being stuck for 12 hours completely defeats the eny system.. should be more like 30mins to 2hours ballpark (again).
(And yes, I know ENY didn't bring about perfectly even sides when switch timers were short)

Checkmate.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:24 PM »
If you had read the post you wouldnt have upped your post count by 1

I was asking him because bish took a field near our HQ, drove gv there, dropped hq, and then won the map 15 minutes later.

Very similar circumstances as the original poster's description.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »

This point has been made before, but it falls on deaf ears without even an explanation as to why they will not change, and why their system of 12 hour switch times is better. It's amazing that they still have the ENY penalty system in place at off peak times. It doesn't work, and it stymies gameplay. The team with the ENY penalty usually ends up getting ganged by the other two countries so you end up with an eny of 20, while effectively being outnumbered. People have been screaming for an ENY revamp for a long time. Our player base is simply too small to support this kind of stuff off peak, especially when you throw gigantic maps into the equation.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 01:41:15 PM »
This point has been made before, but it falls on deaf ears without even an explanation as to why they will not change, and why their system of 12 hour switch times is better. It's amazing that they still have the ENY penalty system in place at off peak times. It doesn't work, and it stymies gameplay. The team with the ENY penalty usually ends up getting ganged by the other two countries so you end up with an eny of 20, while effectively being outnumbered. People have been screaming for an ENY revamp for a long time. Our player base is simply too small to support this kind of stuff off peak, especially when you throw gigantic maps into the equation.

You are wrong he already said why several times.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 02:37:51 PM »
You are wrong he already said why several times.

Semp

Well if you would like to point me to the thread where he gives a detailed explanation of his thinking, I would appreciate it. I just read through about 10 threads from the past year since the 12 hour time limit was put back in place, and the most detailed thing HT has said on the matter is "It was like that before" referring to the 12 hour time limit that was in place before the 2 arena system. Things that worked a few years ago wont necessarily work now. We no longer have the numbers to support this system the way it is. ENY needs to be reworked, and the time switch should be put back at 1 hour. Late nite, ENY can fluctuate wildly. This is when the current system totally falls apart and doesn't work at all.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 02:49:17 PM »

all i asked was this question.

In answer to your question, I don't want to spend time looking through the roster for people I know PMing, it would take far to long, and thats just the problem with Aces High and the 12 hour switch, everything takes to long, and there are a lot of non combat issues that can stop you reaching your destination, a lot of the time I fly now circling a base with a few dudes in 88mms (well worth the 15 minute flight to get there) it is hard to just jump into this game now and find action for a few hours and leave.

Your talking here like Air Combat is not the main purpose of the game it is! Its in the title ACES HIGH, so why would you want the guys who are here for the main purpose of this game to be a sideshow PMing each other? Would it not be better to get behind an idea to increase the opportunities to engage in Air Combat? Or at least offer a different solution, maybe perks etc.

I am not even against your wish as I couldn't care less.  I hardly play anymore.

You obviously do  :D

Why keep posting the same stuff over and over then? I could literally (time permitting) go to every 12 hour switch thread ever made and find the same stuff over and over in every single thread.

so either retract your statement or at least admit that you are the one who jumped into conclusions.  or don't, either way I still don't care.

Why offer an ultimatum that you don't care to be fulfilled?  :headscratch:

the funny thing is that I remember when it was 1 hour you guys were still whining that 1 hour was too long.

That was me who wrote the 1 hour is too long wishlist thread not a group of people, I stand by that statement as my potential for variety had been halved due to the single arena.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
I was asking him because bish took a field near our HQ, drove gv there, dropped hq, and then won the map 15 minutes later.

Very similar circumstances as the original poster's description.
How so? Becaus ehe upped to fight a horde? yep thats just like drving a gv to  a hq  :rolleyes:
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 03:44:18 PM »
As little as I get to fly, it makes me really miss the 1 hour side switch times.  Being in a very small squad, it is fun to switch to the country with the fewest numbers or to just change to find a better fight.  With the 1 hour switch time this was easy.  The last few weekends that I have flown, the country with the lowest number changed at least 3 or 4 times before I logged.  12 hours switch time is, in my opinion, entirely too long. 

#S#

Josh
Tours 86 - 296

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
Can anyone deconstruct side switching under the 1 arena 12 hour rule versus the 2 arena 1 hour rule to create a compairison of what it's real function is in the game?

Or do any of you know exact reasons from HTC driving the side switching time value of 12 hours?

If no one wants to bother with the forensics for the first question and no one has an answer to the second question. Then this is a WishList issue of one sentance until Hitech is willing to be engaged in an updated dialogue or changes his mind.

Since this topic has been worked over adfinitum in all of it's partisan deprciative glory. You think Hitech is unaware of your disatisfaction? So far I've never witnessed anyone finding a way to engage Hitech for his side of this issue. I doubt in all honesty it would be very productive nor many of you would care about his reasons due to the ideologicaly partisan feelings that have polorised over this.

In that case if you are Caeser, silence is a perfict response to deaf ears.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
I think I got a good idea of what is going on here....

*takes note of the time that this thread started and has had the most replies*

*takes note of the time that Trinity has been put up and is currently the map being hosted in the roation*

If it's not the worst map, it definetley is the most interesting for a case study with this online community.   :noid  :banana:  :airplane:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.