Author Topic: Question for you android users  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Question for you android users
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »
So I'm finally moving up in the world and got an android tablet, and I'm looking for some app recommendations. I've got quick office pro and printer share, but I'm looking for more.

First I'm looking for a good quality drawing program like gimp, but for android.

Also, are there any other "must have" apps y'all would recommend?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Question for you android users
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »
Facebook app is slow and sucks.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:47:53 PM »
Flashlight lol. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 01:08:59 PM »
Flashlight lol.  

A must.......... also if you have directTV download their app and watch TV and movies anywhere. You can also set your recorder to record while anywhere.  If you have Sunday Ticket get that too.

For security... Lookout if you lose your phone or it is stolen you can make it scream. It also flags it's last position if the battery dies so that if it is laying in the backyard or park you will know where.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »
Also, are there any other "must have" apps y'all would recommend?

astro file manager

kindle for android + FB book reader (Aldiko book read is good too but the latest version is a bit messed up)

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »
A must.......... also if you have directTV download their app and watch TV and movies anywhere. You can also set your recorder to record while anywhere.  If you have Sunday Ticket get that too.

For security... Lookout if you lose your phone or it is stolen you can make it scream. It also flags it's last position if the battery dies so that if it is laying in the backyard or park you will know where.
Same thing on my iPad except my dad doesn't have a DVR :( So I can't use the DirecTV app.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 04:00:33 PM »
On my phone, App Killer is a must.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline quig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 05:39:04 PM »
I use Software Data Cable probably more than any other app.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 09:41:47 PM »
root the tablet if you can, lots of good sites full of info on how to do it.   Then download adfree,  no more annoying ads.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 11:03:41 PM »
I downloaded ES file explorer onto mine. Lets me access network files and resources at home so I can stream content from my desktop onto the laptop via wifi
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 11:26:28 PM »
I'm about to buy a tablet myself. Can't decide between Samsung or the ipad, 16 or 32gb Well and the prices. :rolleyes: I'm guessing the Samsung works with the android apps? Any apps to where you can use your tablet with your tv? Lastly andriod apps/games, anything close to ipad?
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 03:54:34 AM »
crazy i just got the samsung tab2 7.0  it is awesome and it's 1/2 the price of the itampax.  the 10.0 is cool too but more expensive.  really happy with mine as it is fast.  cant wait to root it and get rid of all the annoying ads on youtube.  best thing about it is that I have a verizon phone with unlimited plan that is rooted and I cant tether it with no problems.  my phone is the rezound so it's pretty fast :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 06:52:00 AM »
Evernote is awesome...it allows me to sync notes and files from phone, tablet and desktop all in one place.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 07:29:51 AM »
I'm about to buy a tablet myself. Can't decide between Samsung or the ipad, 16 or 32gb Well and the prices. :rolleyes: I'm guessing the Samsung works with the android apps? Any apps to where you can use your tablet with your tv? Lastly andriod apps/games, anything close to ipad?

I have both an IPad and a Samsung 10.1, specifically my ol lady uses her Ipad and I use my samsung. To me its really a novelty on what you want. For me I wasn't going to buy an Ipad, I got my 10.1 before they were pulled off the market, I paid $350 off beachcamera.com and bought a 16GB flash drive to bump it to 32GB.
As for apps I have ESPN, and brighthouse (TV app) as well as something called Splashtop remote, which allows me to login my desktop anytime I need.

Basically to me, both are quite capable, I see nothing better then either, same apps for an Ipad are for android (my samsung uses Sandwich Android 4.1 or something?)

It came down to price - it was $400 for a Samsung 10.1, and $25 for a 32pc kit (usb cords, covers for front of it, a plastic and rubber case around it, but I also had a $50 gift card for beachcamera, total price was $375.
Her Ipad came around $650, but she's more then happy with it as I am with my samsung.

JG 52

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 08:41:41 AM »
Mine is a Samsung with the 7" screen. Got it for 250 from best buy and it works good for me.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women