Author Topic: Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.  (Read 2800 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.
« on: April 14, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
That's what I hear on range vox as I'm dodging and absorbing bullets from a rook f4u and p51. I stupidly find the time to look over my wing and I see my insolent countryman on the deck at an enemy base with about half a dozen rooks all over him. As a Knight I take this kind of accusation seriously. I would like to disclose the player's call sign but that's against the forum rules. I saved the film of this most unknightly behavior.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Hey <explicative> thanks for helping me out.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:08 PM »
Oh my! Look at that!

*Points to the sky*

Its my last f*ck, and its flying away!

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »
 :O
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 06:24:20 PM »
Ditto.

Just a few weeks ago as I was diving on a con over my base. With a quick glance I saw a country mate just past town being dived on and gave a quick check 6 and continued my dive.

Next thing I know I am being called every expletive in the book over local voice channel.  I was the lowest of the low for not breaking my dive and bail him out.  I was not worth this person's scum the bottom of his shoe.  I was the worst vermin ever to step foot on this planet when he was done with his rant.  I honestly did not know he was in such a bad way and also expected me to save him.

I tried to explain but he would have none of it.

Shrugg.  What can you do!??
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »
Shrugg.  What can you do!??

Change sides and hunt him?

- oldman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »
I get a kick out people like him.  Never ever blame someone else for you get shot down.  Ever.  You're responsible for your own action or lack of action.  Always.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
Never ever blame someone else for you get shot down.
I tend to blame the guy who shows up in the text buffer...
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
I enjoy it when someone compplains about a lack of check 6s. I follow them around and give them enough check 6s (when they don't need them) until they stop whining.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 08:08:01 PM »
Hahahaha...I had that happen a few times.. one of the most memorable was I was on the deck turning with two and said other was about 4 k away .. headed my way... I noticed a con dropping in on them but being that my fingers were busy I only managed to get a 'check it' out before I needed to get my finger back on the hat switch...I hear a boom and notice the green guy gone... the text buffer had a couple of indirect (direct) jibes...I carried on killed the two I was fighting which scared the third which had just killed the green guy into running (190 just by the way)... so I head back all battered and bruised only to get into range and the ranting started...I couldn't even see him yet hahahaha .... anyway suffice to say I apologized for not giving a definitive call and promised I would work on my skills to ensure that next time I could properly exercise a well informed and pronounced check 6 .....

to be fair and honest...it wasn't such a civilized response but it was along those lines  hahaha :D 

that's half the reason I try to fly alone or with other who don't care... I suck as a wing man....can't hit toejame when it counts haha
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:10:24 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
When unfathomable things like that happen to me, I have a bowl of ice cream and watch Ellen. The world's always a better place.

Better luck next time, cuz.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
Explicative?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 08:38:58 PM »
Oh my! Look at that!

*Points to the sky*

Its my last f*ck, and its flying away!

Man. You are so cool.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 10:06:40 PM »
 One knight, surrounded by half a dozen rooks,low at a rook field....... sounds like even odds, i woulda felt sorry for the rooks

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time