Author Topic: Badboy is a good man!  (Read 11753 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Badboy is a good man!
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2013, 12:15:05 PM »

I hope the British won.  :cheers:

The gallant Allies suffered a devastating loss, and London was bombed to cinders...all because we were one pilot short. :mad:

Just kidding...it's a 4 frame event. Be in the SEA by 2:30...2:45 at the latest next Saturday. Check your name on the roster and be sure you're flying for the right side. If you aren't tagged with a squad affiliation, track down Stellar or Bruv.

Now back to the witch hunt.  :bolt:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
... you need to login to the SEA arena Saturday 14th 2:45pm EST sharp!

Yes, Sir. :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2013, 12:22:14 PM »
Well, fact is I like you. You're a good pilot/person. You are kind and generous. All traits I also see in Badboy. If someone attacked your character unjustly as you have Badboy's I would likely defend you as strongly as well. Why?  Well, that is a good question. I suppose I just have a strong will to help right wrongs, especially for people that have been nice and kind to me.  TC posting on this issue brought all this up again. I suppose it's time to let it go, again. I've said what I needed to say, given facts and refuted false accusations against someone I respect very much.

:salute Nrshida

Much as I'd love to have a rational discussion with you on this topic Midway, I know I can't because we can't even agree on basic terms and I know you have faith. Faith that your FPHs can do no wrong. It's not possible to have a rational discussion with people that have faith.

Were you past this point you might question yourself why I am insistent on this accusation. Contrary to your statement I do not believe I have ever complained about being outflown by a superior cartoon pilot. If that statement is true then surely my behaviour is indeed a riddle to you.

I have grown through this experience. I have seen some dark facets to human behaviour I could have lived without knowing. All this fuss however, all this storm, really is just in a tiny teacup. My conclusions to this experience: this virtual environment HTC provides, this flight simulator, in which and on which this game is played really has no significance at all from a certain perspective. Just play the game. Do not extract self-esteem from it, do not be spiteful and cruel to other players, do not extract man-points or think you are doing anything externally meaningful. Contain your own personal problems and try to grow in the game as you do in real life.

Ultimately the only fight worth fighting is against yourself.

:salute  Midway

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
Much as I'd love to have a rational discussion with you on this topic Midway, I know I can't because we can't even agree on basic terms and I know you have faith. Faith that your FPHs can do no wrong. It's not possible to have a rational discussion with people that have faith.

Were you past this point you might question yourself why I am insistent on this accusation. Contrary to your statement I do not believe I have ever complained about being outflown by a superior cartoon pilot. If that statement is true then surely my behaviour is indeed a riddle to you.

I have grown through this experience. I have seen some dark facets to human behaviour I could have lived without knowing. All this fuss however, all this storm, really is just in a tiny teacup. My conclusions to this experience: this virtual environment HTC provides, this flight simulator, in which and on which this game is played really has no significance at all from a certain perspective. Just play the game. Do not extract self-esteem from it, do not be spiteful and cruel to other players, do not extract man-points or think you are doing anything externally meaningful. Contain your own personal problems and try to grow in the game as you do in real life.

Ultimately the only fight worth fighting is against yourself.

:salute  Midway

I believe in facts, not faith. Baring indisputable facts to the contrary, I believe in the facts I have observed with my own two eyes, of which there are many, and my rational mind.

Again, you have offered no indisputable facts and therefore your impugning Badboy's character is irrational and not fact based. Your jumping to conclusions using circumstances and guesses. Your apology clearly shows that.

You then relying on Bighorn's email the next day to rationalize and support your original accusations which Bighorn himself has said is potentially tainted due to a son, for example, tells me you still have no indisputable facts to besmirch Badboy's awesome contributions to all of us.

I feel like I'm  :bhead with you, which is disappointing as well.  If you think about it rationally and review your own apology, you might see the light. Hopefully.  :)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:39:10 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
I believe in facts, not faith.

Respectfully Midway, your and my definition of the word 'facts' differ, this is why it is better to cease the discussion.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2013, 01:07:26 PM »
I believe in facts, not faith. Baring indisputable facts to the contrary, I believe in the facts I have observed with my own two eyes, of which there are many, and my rational mind.

Gunzo is not Badboy, unless you can prove otherwise. Read Badboy's posts and then Gunzo's.  Two completely different people.  Plus my own conversations with both tells me no way are they the same person. 

:rofl

C'mon dude.  You of all people should know that when you shade, you don't keep the same typing pattern. 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:52 PM »

Nrshida and bighorn's claim that Gunzo is Badboy is wrong despite their insistence. Badboy and Gunzo are entirely different personalities.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. All anyone can say is that we have had good encounters with a player by the name of 'badboy' who may or may not use other names to be a different person who many of us have had negative encounters with. Badboy may or may not also fly under Gunzo. All we have is speculation.

If there is one person I would put my faith in around here to know what they are talking about it would be bighorn. So making blanket statements that those two are wrong is probably unwise.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that. All anyone can say is that we have had good encounters with a player by the name of 'badboy' who may or may not use other names to be a different person who many of us have had negative encounters with. Badboy may or may not also fly under Gunzo. All we have is speculation.

If there is one person I would put my faith in around here to know what they are talking about it would be bighorn. So making blanket statements that those two are wrong is probably unwise.

Then if one of them (Nrshida) is going to go on a diatribe with wild accusations to the point of Nrshida saying HTC should sue Badboy for lost revenue, etc... they should first put up indisputable facts in support of same, and not base accusations on guesses and suppositions. Nrshida realized this and apologized which was the right thing to do, but it only lasted a day.

If they have indisputable facts then they should show them to HTC, but Nrshida or anyone should not post severe accusations without indisputable proof... or if they do, at least apologize for the mistake which can cause harm to a great contributor's, in the eyes of many, reputation.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2013, 01:28:22 PM »
I don't have a dog in this hunt but can't help but ask...does anyone have indisputable evidence that Badboy is actually the culprit behind the various shading griefer personas?

Yes, and it's far more than  just a guess; barely less than a smoking gun.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2013, 01:34:40 PM »
Then if one of them (Nrshida) is going to go on a diatribe with wild accusations to the point of Nrshida saying HTC should sue Badboy for lost revenue, etc... they should first put up indisputable facts in support of same, and not base accusations on guesses and suppositions. Nrshida realized this and apologized which was the right thing to do, but it only lasted a day.

If they have indisputable facts then they should show them to HTC, but Nrshida or anyone should not post severe accusations without indisputable proof... or if they do, at least apologize for the mistake which can cause harm to a great contributor's, in the eyes of many, reputation.

Please do not presume to know what I am thinking. The reason I apologized was ironically because of listening to you. There was one slim possibility that it wasn't Badboy, and that was that it was TC, who I know Badboy has used as the pilot in some of his training videos.

HTC either does not care or cannot do anything about it. Skuzzy was looking for this individual for a long time and has been supplied with film as requested on several occasions. At first I was told abusing dot wingman and god mode was considered 'gaming the game'. Later I was told there was nothing that could be done because technically it isn't cheating. I was advised to fly elsewhere and this is in fact what I decided to do.

I will fight anyone but the fact is Badboy's antics are to prevent anyone else from fighting.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2013, 01:38:27 PM »
Yes, and it's far more than  just a guess; barely less than a smoking gun.

Many people have held smoking guns and weren't guilty, but instead just circumstantially implicated.  :old:

Show it to HTC, if there is any truth to it and it is as bad as Nrshida says, let them resolve it.   If you have already shown it and HTC says there is no violation, then refrain from publicly impugning someone, especially when they have done so much good for so many.  That would be the right and proper thing to do. :aok

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2013, 01:54:48 PM »

Please do not presume to know what I am thinking. The reason I apologized was ironically because of listening to you. There was one slim possibility that it wasn't Badboy, and that was that it was TC, who I know Badboy has used as the pilot in some of his training videos.

HTC either does not care or cannot do anything about it. Skuzzy was looking for this individual for a long time and has been supplied with film as requested on several occasions. At first I was told abusing dot wingman and god mode was considered 'gaming the game'. Later I was told there was nothing that could be done because technically it isn't cheating. I was advised to fly elsewhere and this is in fact what I decided to do.

I will fight anyone but the fact is Badboy's antics are to prevent anyone else from fighting.

That's all fine, Nrshida.  The problem is you then also decided to post several vitriolic public accusations with no indisputable proof in support of same against one of our best contributors. I doubt HTC suggested you do that as well.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2013, 01:57:58 PM »
I don't work for HTC and I think for myself. You should try it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
I don't work for HTC and I think for myself. You should try it.

I do think for myself, ergo my response to your factually unsupported accusations.  :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2013, 02:10:43 PM »
I do think for myself, ergo my response to your factually unsupported accusations.  :aok

You believe first and find supportive counterfactual anecdotes later.

Edifying and entertaining as these little exchanges are, you have no more hope of convincing me than I have you and in fact as stated previously I do not care to convince you. I'm not going to bicker over this. My work is done here. Think what you want, that's entirely up to you  :aok

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-