Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16345 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2013, 12:11:58 AM »
Guy who thinks P-51s and P-38s are challenging is lecturing a guy who flew Mossies exclusively for a long time about easymode fighters.

:rofl

You're acting the nationalistic clown there, uptown.  Sounds like you've got quite the chip on your shoulder, don't like the idea that maybe American built iron isn't always the best tool for the job.  Your choice of words makes it pretty clear you don't have the stick time in British aircraft to say anything about them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »
Guy who thinks P-51s and P-38s are challenging is lecturing a guy who flew Mossies exclusively for a long time about easymode fighters.

:rofl

You're acting the nationalistic clown there, uptown.  Sounds like you've got quite the chip on your shoulder, don't like the idea that maybe American built iron isn't always the best tool for the job.  Your choice of words makes it pretty clear you don't have the stick time in British aircraft to say anything about them.
Do you even play this game anymore or just troll the forums?

I never said anywhere 51s are challenging and do you deny Spitfires are easy mode?

Nationalistic? yeah probably. Clown? yeah sometimes.    
And hell yeah I have a chip on my shoulder. I'm sick of everybody and their brother flying them ......

I think I'll go to the wish list and wish for them gone just to piss you off.  :t Now I've said what I wanted to say about the matter. Leave me alone, I'm going to bed.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 12:32:25 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2013, 01:20:51 AM »
surprisingly, when I fly the easy mode yak3, spits are much less of a problem  :D

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2013, 01:26:36 AM »
Uptown... lol... 

Honestly, If I'm not mistaken he is from Europe. Possibly the UK.  That is/was his nations plane.  You fly 51s a lot if I'm not mistaken correct?  You are an american.  You would tend to fly your countries historic plane.  Don't beat the guy up for doing the EXACT same thing as you...  Plus that DA you offered is really unfair lol..
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2013, 01:33:38 AM »
I will pass on your erm challenge uptown I love when people drink and type  :rofl

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2013, 01:57:54 AM »
A well driven 38 can kill all those planes you listed Brooke .. :) and I also know a player who can take a P40 into a 3v1 and come out the other side without a scratch :P

I agree that any well-flown plane (including a P-40) can kill another plane that is not as well flown; and any plane with the right circumstances or advantage can kill any other plane type.  What I'm meaning here is similar pilot abilities, similar starting energy, etc. in the MA environment, where you have a mix of planes usually including Spit 16's, La-7's, P-51's, and now Yak-3's, etc.  In that environment, while the P-38 isn't bad, I don't feel that the P-38 is as strong as those other planes.

I like the P-38 and the P-40 based on its history.  In a scenario environment (more realistic and meeting historically acurate opponents), the P-40 is good.  But a P-40 vs. a mix of late-war superplanes is at a large disadvantage typically.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2013, 02:05:11 AM »
You fly 51s a lot if I'm not mistaken correct?  You are an american.  You would tend to fly your countries historic plane. 

We Americans like to take all of the credit for the P-51, but the P-51 is half American (airframe) and half British (engine).  :aok  (Also, I think it was the British who named it "Mustang," although I'm not positive about that.)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2013, 02:40:04 AM »
I have a problem with anyone that fly spits...not just Thrilla. I think the plane is complete horsechit the way it flops around, goes from a dead stall to immediate turbo jet in less then a second flat. The way it gains E in a turn instead of losing it. I think they're over modeled and pretty much fly themselves. Thrilla just came to mind as he was the last person I tangled with flying one.

It pisses me off to no end that these guys with 10 or 15 years flight sim experience fly around in these magical spitfires clubbing the rest of us like baby seals. Way to really challenge yourselves. I'm not frikkin impressed.

:lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2013, 04:44:51 AM »
Wow Uptown get over it bloody hell, im sure Thrila would kick your bellybutton in any ride too, cant you just accept the fact that we are brits and we like our planes, for some its not about skill or pawning the other guy for some its about enjoying the game and flying the planes you love the most. What about the guys in the brewsters and ki-43`s? you don't see us spit pilots coming on here moaning about them do you? its a game get over it.

If we was not british and we flew the spitfire then yes I could understand your argument but friggin hell dude this plane changed our history we want to fly it its not our fault its a bloody great plane is it???? would you be moaning if your p51 was as good in a turn fight? no I don't think you would........

Go ahead wish for it to be gone because it isn't going to go away. And your duel argument is ridiculous if you think its a trainer plane then you should face him in the DA no matter what the situation is after all your saying he is only that good because he is flying a spitty it doesn't matter how experienced he is or how experienced you are for that matter if he has been flying with a crutch for so long then you should kick his butt yeah? no matter what plane he is in.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2013, 05:13:19 AM »
I won't lie a few months ago when I started I went for the spit 16, before I knew about the BBS or Vudu's videos. It was because of the fact I felt like it was working, then I started to learn and fly new aircraft and as of late have fallen for the KI-84 to me she is sexy, I am sure in time I will find a new ride something more challenging but until I feel I have grown old of the KI or bored of her ill keep her as my primary ride. now this is of course my opinion but I agree new players need a ride that won't kill them more then enemy's, this game is hard enough to learn as it is.

This man has taste. :salute

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2013, 05:50:19 AM »

:lol

Actually he hit the nail in the head. The perk/eny system should be reversed so that only noobs can fly the uber planes and the ones with skill would have a harder time to fly the uber planes. Noobs need the crutches, not the 15 year veteran. It would be cool if new players would fear the C202s and P40's knowing that there's a dangerous opponent most likely. Perhaps if after getting killed in a early war ride the vet could fly one sortie in a new ride for example...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:52:43 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2013, 05:54:31 AM »
Actually he hit the nail in the head. The perk/eny system should be reversed so that only noobs can fly the uber planes and the ones with skill would have a harder time to fly the uber planes. Noobs need the crutches, not the 15 year veteran. It would be cool if new players would fear the C202s and P40's knowing that there's a dangerous opponent most likely.

Well, go ahead and devise a system that can actually and accurately determine who is skilled and who not.
And don't say "rank"  :P

Concerning your edit while I wrote above:

Perhaps if after getting killed in a early war ride the vet could fly one sortie in a new ride for example...

When is someone a "vet"? account duration? Easy to fix, I will create a new one every tour. And beyond that, it will just be one silly sortie (spawn on vulched base in EW crate) followed by one "serious" sortie.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:57:13 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »
Actually he hit the nail in the head. The perk/eny system should be reversed so that only noobs can fly the uber planes and the ones with skill would have a harder time to fly the uber planes. Noobs need the crutches, not the 15 year veteran. It would be cool if new players would fear the C202s and P40's knowing that there's a dangerous opponent most likely. Perhaps if after getting killed in a early war ride the vet could fly one sortie in a new ride for example...

And stop people from flying the planes they actually pay for errr no thanks ill just go play war thunder instead if that was the case.........and I hate that game.
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2013, 08:55:50 AM »
As a side note, since I started this whole affair...

I still think the Yak3 is a noob ride though cooler heads have prevailed an added rationale for noob rides. Attracting and keeping new players is a issue of importance to those of us who feast on noobs.

Second, I personally get a kick out of the fact that Brits seem confused. Some are in love with their tea drinking birds, namely the Spit. Why, I can only guess. The Few come to mind. So be it. Other Brits seem to 'run for the hills' and prefer German rides. If I had to guess this would be more easily resolved over warm beer at a pub in South London though they would likely end up castigating the Welch again, so maybe not.

Finally, I have conquered the pathetic Yak3 in my mighty A5. At least often enough to calm myself.

The final straw started in a classic 2 v 1. I was on the deck tied up with a 38 and Spit16. I had ruined one of the 38s engines, the other engine draining fluid of some sort. The Spit16 was going to nail me when one of my green friends zoomed by, changed the Spits mind for a fraction of a second and I reversed the Spit. Within moments I was going to kill the Spit then go vertical and finish the 38. This is when the Yak3 showed up to end the whole affair. It was the 4th or 5th 'on the deck' furball a Yak3 had ruined that day. Freak'n commies!

Anyway...as the Snailman noted, the pestilence of Yak3s is already diminishing. Like a case of the clap or herpes, shows up at all the wrong times, but for now is clearing up nicely.

boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2013, 09:08:49 AM »
I agree that any well-flown plane (including a P-40) can kill another plane that is not as well flown; and any plane with the right circumstances or advantage can kill any other plane type.  What I'm meaning here is similar pilot abilities, similar starting energy, etc. in the MA environment, where you have a mix of planes usually including Spit 16's, La-7's, P-51's, and now Yak-3's, etc.  In that environment, while the P-38 isn't bad, I don't feel that the P-38 is as strong as those other planes.

I like the P-38 and the P-40 based on its history.  In a scenario environment (more realistic and meeting historically acurate opponents), the P-40 is good.  But a P-40 vs. a mix of late-war superplanes is at a large disadvantage typically.

It was established by Karnak decree more than 24 hours ago that the 38 henceforth shall be known as E-Z mode.  Your experience is hereby void, sir. 

P-38 is well on the easy side of the average difficulty for a fighter in AH.

While I protested at the time, I'm finding that my will is breaking.  Last night, I felt the constant compulsion to yawn while flying the newly established E-Z mode dweeb ride. 

I will now fly the Mossie exclusively.   :old:  I will be checking Karnak's post history frequently so as to keep up with other rides that have entered the realm of dweebishness.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-