Author Topic: GV's overload  (Read 7015 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: GV's overload
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2013, 10:31:27 PM »
actually, yes  :)

Aces high should be about air combat, not hiding in a 88mm puff ack

Go choke on your joystick. That you think people "hide" in the guns just shows you don't have the experience to make an informed opinion on the worth of GV's.

Hell, it shows you don't quite fully grasp how things work in the air either, since the number of people in the guns is directly related to how close you guys are too shutting down the base.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »
Go choke on your joystick. That you think people "hide" in the guns just shows you don't have the experience to make an informed opinion on the worth of GV's.

Hell, it shows you don't quite fully grasp how things work in the air either, since the number of people in the guns is directly related to how close you guys are too shutting down the base.

Overreaction much? I've only seen Nuke in furballs (well actually, 5K above in a 51D or 47M), and never have I seen him in a horde.

88mm are there to prevent air combat in a combat flight sim...I don't get that silliness.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
You and I must be on the same cycle. I'm PMSing also.

I remember it well....
PMS   = Pack My Suitcase

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 11:16:27 PM »
I like gving. I also like bomb****ing the gv sticks as they sometimes get mad enough to up a fighter so in a way it promotes combat :banana:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2013, 11:32:44 PM »
Overreaction much? I've only seen Nuke in furballs (well actually, 5K above in a 51D or 47M), and never have I seen him in a horde.

88mm are there to prevent air combat in a combat flight sim...I don't get that silliness.

Furballs are for people with low self-esteem and those suffering from ED. Furballing is the most boring of all things you could do in AH, aside from maybe spawn camping. Yet, furballers complain that everything else you can do in AH is boring. Just goes to show you how limited the brain case is on the furballer pilot model.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2013, 11:36:40 PM »
Furballs are for people with low self-esteem and those suffering from ED. Furballing is the most boring of all things you could do in AH, aside from maybe spawn camping. Yet, furballers complain that everything else you can do in AH is boring. Just goes to show you how limited the brain case is on the furballer pilot model.

Uhm..sure. I wouldn't want to wake whatever beast lies inside of you. You're a star.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 12:17:56 AM »
Uhm..sure. I wouldn't want to wake whatever beast lies inside of you. You're a star.

Oh god, my sides  :rofl.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 12:19:29 AM »
I believe the suggestion here is that if there were not gvs or they were much more limited, then you would see all of those were to be gvrs in the air.  You sure you still agree with and purport that premise?

Also, btw, for 3 persistent weeks there has been a bish in the 88mm at almost every Knight take attempt (when I'm on.) Pot you know your black but I don't see any kettle here on the green side, best go find the kettle hiding on the pink side's 88mm.  There are 3 of them and dang good shots, I know who one is, the other two haven't actually downed me yet, but it's the same accuracy as the one I know...teaching  :noid
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:24:54 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 01:57:21 AM »
1 page during the night? These board are not what they were  :old:

Tank-Ace what's your gameid again? So I can ask for your knowledge when needed?

I've seen quite a few people like akaMIxer that will jump into a 88mm at first death, no matter that the field is untouched. Why should that take a plane and spend time for climb out, when they can shoot without any delay and any risks?

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2013, 02:22:21 AM »
yet NoChallenge comes in swinging, once again  :aok
what a d!ck.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2013, 03:09:25 AM »
Nah, AH is about climbing out for 10 minutes, running into a horde/furball and fighting until you die, rinse and repeat.

I enjoy a lot more than that in the Main Arenas and especially enjoy more than that in scenarios and other special events.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 03:17:27 AM »
We need the GV saps and their 15$ to keep the game running - and don't say anything about tank simulation, physics or historical value because you might scare them away. The GV arcade is the price we pay, though personally I'd prefer to pay 25$ again and reduce the ground game back to a side show and a bit of a lol activity.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2013, 03:19:10 AM »
To me, GV's seem like a good part of the game.  If you don't like them, then you hardly ever have to interact with them, so it doesn't matter much whether there are GV's or not in that case.  (Well, unless one's opinion is that if there weren't GV's, then GV drivers would instead be in planes, making more planes in the air.  But I'm skeptical of that thesis.)  Otherwise, they are fun for some players (the ones who like to fight in them and the ones who like to have things to attack on the ground).  I like an occasional sortie in GV's and occasional sorties in Il-2's.

As for 88's, I think I've been hit by one maybe once.  They seem to be almost no threat for fighters and only a small one for bombers unless they are at low alt.

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2013, 05:23:20 AM »
The furball arcade is the price we pay, though personally I'd prefer to pay $25 and reduce the furball arcade to a side show and a bit of a lol activity.

+1 :aok
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2013, 07:11:25 AM »
To me, GV's seem like a good part of the game.  If you don't like them, then you hardly ever have to interact with them, so it doesn't matter much whether there are GV's or not in that case.  (Well, unless one's opinion is that if there weren't GV's, then GV drivers would instead be in planes, making more planes in the air.  But I'm skeptical of that thesis.)  Otherwise, they are fun for some players (the ones who like to fight in them and the ones who like to have things to attack on the ground).  I like an occasional sortie in GV's and occasional sorties in Il-2's.

As for 88's, I think I've been hit by one maybe once.  They seem to be almost no threat for fighters and only a small one for bombers unless they are at low alt.

:confused:   Guess you haven't met my 88s yet  :D

On a side note..

I don't see what the issue is with the Gvs anyways. If you don't want shot at by wirbles, then don't dogfight over their spawn. Keep your alt.   I say this having been in the wirble and being the victim of lack of ground SA. It sucks when you get killed by that 'invisible' wirb or osti. But, you flew there!

That's mean. I view my 88 as a way to defend my base from bombers and vulchers. I don't shoot at enemy cons that are being trailed by friendlies who have a shot. I will only shoot at an enemy con if they are on a friendlies six, and that friendly is calling out for assistance. If not, then I don't fire. Because while I like shooting down planes in the 88, I understand that player took their time to get here, to play the game, to fight.  

Players will complain no matter what kills them though. Being categorized into pickers, HOers, ack runners etc etc. Doesn't matter what plane you were in, you did one of those things, so you are less than  :old: !.  So.. like I've said in other posts. I have self-appointed rules I follow to make it so my gameplay is less of being a jerk (trying to steal kills while in the 88 or ruin fights) and simply defend a base from a mission or hoard.   :rock

Tinkles

<<S>>
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:25:52 AM by Tinkles »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend