Author Topic: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA  (Read 6356 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: GROUND VEHICLE ONLY ARENA
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 07:02:36 PM »
I think this is a brilliant idea. Brilliant. In fact let's go a bit further with the concept and separate out the ground war into a sort of separate game thingy, a whole world of just tank battles. In fact you could call it World of Tanks, say, and everyone that really wants to drive tanks could go and play that and leave HTC to get on with making more aircraft, especially fighter aircraft (my personal favourite) in the fantastic air combat simulator called Aces High. Shizzle.

If WoT is so great, why aren't you flying in War of Warplanes? Same company.

:rolleyes:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 07:31:30 PM »
 :lol
Shida said "shizzle"
 :lol

:lol :lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 07:41:03 PM »
I think we should have a gv arena right after the new ww1 arena get's added.  after all there are lots of people who have been asking for one for many years.  heck we should even have an early war arena and a midwar arena.  the more arena's we have the better.  I am pretty sure all will be populated more than the MA.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
What's the point of having an arena full of ground targets and no bombs?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
Yes :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2013, 03:20:21 AM »

:rolleyes:

I don't recall commenting on the quality of World of Tanks, I've never played it so I wouldn't know. I simply stated that there is already a dedicated tanks only game.

If this wish is basically a disguised whine about getting bombed by aircraft then isn't than an axiom of every armed conflict since Hitler's World Tour 1939-1945? Like several have already stated secure your own air cover or accept that fundamental limitation.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2013, 05:03:16 AM »
Deacon answer Shidas question which you have failed to really answer :old:

The GFC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2013, 05:45:46 AM »
Yes. We demand an answer Deacon or we are going to bomb you.

Gravity > Tanks.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2013, 06:51:04 AM »

Make sure when you play games developed by this company, ie., World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, that you have a very fat wallet and are willing to put it on a weight loss diet because it will get thin VERY quickly! Pretty graphics, hyper-fast game play, and pay to win does not interest me.

After ten years I could list a plethora of complaints about Aces High and the changes that have taken place since I started that have impacted my personal style of game play, including GV's, but it would be for naught. The game goes on and I have learned to improvise, adapt, and overcome all of my objections over the years. The bottom line is: aircraft get shot down and ground vehicles get bombed! And! I've earned my perk points through battle, not from my wallet.

If you want separate aircraft-free public GV arenas, they already exist, in two places: the Dueling Arena, and in the Training Arena. All you have to do is populate them.

Just a few thoughts....

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
In view of the ever decreasing attendance and the resulting gameplay issues, any idea to further split up the numbers is a bad one in my opinion.
Agreed

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »
I find myself playing a lot less than I use to. Boredom mainly, same hordes, same furballs, same maps( I know make a new one..sorry not my job). What would it hurt to try, just try it for a month or so to see what would happen, might even get some new players in. I also know some of you will and already have said "This is ACES HIGH" it's all about fighter combat, in that case do away with the cv's, gv's and see how many people you have left in the game then!  :salute

I feel the same way, Hawker.  Playing a lot less than I used to and not enjoying it anywhere near as much when I do.  Repetitive maps, scenarios, etc.

The maps are too big for the number of people now playing.  This results in maps staying active for far too long before they change.

Bases are too spread out on many of the maps and it gets boring to fly so far only to get blasted by ack.

I would not be interested in a ground only arena unless the way the ground combat system is massively improved.  Currently it belongs in the 1980's.

I've seen situation with 300 base maps and 60 players or less signed-in, and on average only 60% of signed in players are actually active.  I so often find myself staring at a map and wondering where to find some action, ie fun.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
Join The GFC!

Pipz and me other week were out of control :rofl

I nearly got banned from BOB for losing the plot and shouting at everyone :rofl (I though i was Stanford Tuck and BoB was real)

Pipz found a dancing man in his cockpit and I had to lay down i  dark room for a hour with a towel on my head.

Yesterday apparently Sawzaz was really annoyed with me on 200 but i have never tuned into it, i was tuned into pipz squad and a awesome time was had by all.

B2B introduced a new word into the game the "Horror" at Sawzaws predicament +1 to B2B :old:

The GFC

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2013, 05:51:26 PM »
Deacon answer Shidas question which you have failed to really answer :old:

What question?  All I've seen from him is rambling gibberish.  Please elaborate. 

MH

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2013, 01:22:25 AM »
What question?  All I've seen from him is rambling gibberish.  Please elaborate. 

MH

:rofl

The GFC