Author Topic: Bombers Who Bail  (Read 5771 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Bombers Who Bail
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2014, 05:36:59 AM »
I wonder what they farm perks for in there. Or are they doing something else?

I got like ~12 perks for two kills yesterday in a Brewster. Does someone need to tell them to join the low side in the LWar and get perks easy flying the FM2, Brewster, Ki-43...?

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2014, 05:43:40 AM »
Ask any real expert and they'll tell you that the best defense is an out of plane maneuver.  :devil

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2014, 06:38:45 AM »
bombers that bail, should have their accounts locked and thrown away.   

same with fighter jocks who run from bombers

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2014, 07:44:42 AM »
same with fighter jocks who run from bombers

I never run from bombers.  I think they are yummy.   :aok  I have been known to disengage after having a engine shot out, wing shot off or a pilot wound but that's pretty rare these days. 

Had a set of 24s shoot me down last night...first time in over a month.  Two drones down and the third one catches my wing with his top turret....I should have looked up who killed me as it was an excellent shot.    I've been playing the game recently with the text buffer filtering out most things but country, squad, PM and (occasionally) ch200 text so I really don't know most of the time who I kill or who kills me.....for some reason I seem to fly better this way.   :lol
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2014, 11:00:59 AM »
Saw a guy on country the other day say he was going to bail his bombers after hitting strats. In his case he had a 190 close by and waited until he had killed the 190 to bail. I asked him why he would do that and his point was that he wanted to get up in his next flight quicker. I'm not agreeing with this nor do I disagree with it.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »
Perk the formation of bombers, the formation not the bombers and tie it in to the ENY system. This way any bomber formation has perk points at risk, and yet does not impact the availability of the bombers.

But that may not work either, I usually go with minimum fuel and expect a 1 one trip.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »
Lately I have seen quite a few bomb n bail types. Not really sure what could be implemented to prevent it or punish it. 

Perhaps, if the plane isn't damage beyond flight (like a wing isn't missing or something like that) then you can't bail from it?   

Tinkles

<<S>>
I am not going to read all 7 pages, but has someone suggested limiting bailout until they have taken any damage? 

First, that would prevent the bomb and bail freakazoids from getting out uber easy.  It would also make my job as bomber hunter more profitable as all I have to do is ping them, and if they bail I get the kill...  Ya, today one ping and they bail is how it is now, but if you want to B&B you may think twice about fighting it out if you know all 3 of our bombers have been pinged.  If you're going to register a death, may as well fight...

This still leaves you an out to quickly leave your bomber (you can dive till parts come off or auger), but provides at least some benefit for a player who spends their time climbing to intercept. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
Strangely even after 7 pages it seems most people are completely missing the entire point/nature of the problem

I believe that most of the time it's not about denying the enemy a kill. It's not about farming perks (and the players who bomb and bail likely wouldn't care if they lost perks for bailing).

They do it so they can drop their bombs and then immediately re-up and go drop bombs somewhere else without having to fly all the way home. Significantly increasing their contribution to the war effort.

If you make a penalty to punish bomb + bailing, or institute a mechanic to prevent it, these guys will just auger.

Just the same as the old saying "You can't fix crazy"...when it comes to online gaming, you also can't fix lame :)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2014, 02:53:04 PM »
Strangely even after 7 pages it seems most people are completely missing the entire point/nature of the problem

I believe that most of the time it's not about denying the enemy a kill. It's not about farming perks (and the players who bomb and bail likely wouldn't care if they lost perks for bailing).

They do it so they can drop their bombs and then immediately re-up and go drop bombs somewhere else without having to fly all the way home. Significantly increasing their contribution to the war effort.

If you make a penalty to punish bomb + bailing, or institute a mechanic to prevent it, these guys will just auger.

Just the same as the old saying "You can't fix crazy"...when it comes to online gaming, you also can't fix lame :)
Now I get it...

Bomb and bailers don't bother me as much as bombers that bail when they see a dot in the distance.  The former are just gamers from the xbox generation who are more about the result than the challenge... Weak...  The later are worse than the BnB'ers.  They are like the first, but with an added helping of chicken excrement thrown in. 

I guess too many people have come up against Fulcrum and I, so they decide bailing is better than dead...  :salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »
Now I get it...

Bomb and bailers don't bother me as much as bombers that bail when they see a dot in the distance.  The former are just gamers from the xbox generation who are more about the result than the challenge... Weak...  The later are worse than the BnB'ers.  They are like the first, but with an added helping of chicken excrement thrown in. 

I guess too many people have come up against Fulcrum and I, so they decide bailing is better than dead...  :salute

:D 

All buffs in my assigned sector must die horrible, flaming cartoon deaths.  Why else would I carry a cannon load out that could sink the average WWII destroyer?   :lol

Plays hell when you are trying to jockey for position with a single engine fighter...but its a challenge I enjoy.   :aok
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2014, 11:15:29 PM »
25K proxy kill for the closest to bailing buffs or flying undamaged planes in to the ground?

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2014, 07:56:50 AM »
well , in reality most of the pilots avoid bailing out until they reach to friendly base or at least to friendly area.
Now that we have already the `You have been captured` thing implemented, HTC can easily improve it by adding a time delay before you can up again if you are captured.
5mins sounds reasonable to me.

more extreme solution can be something like, if you are captured over a enemy base , you cant up until your saved or the base is captured by friendlies... (just a thought)
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2014, 08:33:32 AM »

If you were right they would bail right after dropping their bombs, otherwise fight it out, but that is not what they all do.  More than once I have lifted to intercept an outbound bomber, climbed to 25-30k only to have it bail as soon as I got in icon range.

There is a very noticeable difference between those who bail as soon as their last bomb lands and those who bail to deny a fight/kills.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
well , in reality most of the pilots avoid bailing out until they reach to friendly base or at least to friendly area.
Now that we have already the `You have been captured` thing implemented, HTC can easily improve it by adding a time delay before you can up again if you are captured.
5mins sounds reasonable to me.

more extreme solution can be something like, if you are captured over a enemy base , you cant up until your saved or the base is captured by friendlies... (just a thought)

HTC is NOT going to do anything that STOPS someone from flying.  :t
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »
A bailer's survival ratio is 0 but a non-bailer stands a chance of not only making it home but also doing so with kills.

I don't see the appeal of bailing.

The guys who bail don't care about survival but are simple griefers who wish to deny a kill to an opposing player.