Author Topic: Bombers Who Bail  (Read 5726 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Re: Bombers Who Bail
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 06:48:31 AM »
Had the same thing happen a couple of days ago. I was in a p47 tracking two incoming dar bars. Saw the first one at about 28 k. Didn't even get in icon range he bailed when he saw my

Was regressing from Indian country in B-29, pursuing P-47 bailed after chasing a sector or so.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
Programming 'time-outs' is not going to help this game no matter how much personal satisfaction those recommending it would get (for awhile). Get over selfish ranting and come up with something better. Just ...... sayin'.  :aok

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2013, 08:03:34 AM »
Programming 'time-outs' is not going to help this game no matter how much personal satisfaction those recommending it would get (for awhile). Get over selfish ranting and come up with something better. Just ...... sayin'.  :aok

Agreed. The only solution offered so far that doesn't punish legitimate occurrences is the one that prevents bailing as long as your plane is structurally sound. Do we really want that to apply to every single machine we operate? That would be the only fair way to do it.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2013, 08:19:34 AM »
I'm telling you guys,  public shaming is the only way.    :old:

All else is complex nanny state solutions for a simple behavioral issue.   Don't be a sissy pacifist.   Your game needs you!    :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2013, 08:41:50 AM »
I'm telling you guys,  public shaming is the only way.    :old:

All else is complex nanny state solutions for a simple behavioral issue.   Don't be a sissy pacifist.   Your game needs you!    :old:

Ultimately, I agree with this. Not sure it's enough of an issue to spend time on.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 09:20:59 AM »
I'm telling you guys,  public shaming is the only way.    :old:

'Public shaming' is it's own behavioral issue. How's it worked out for you so far? I'm here for my game (not like some who are way too much into the shame game).  :D

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
'Public shaming' is it's own behavioral issue.
If Arlo Guthrie had believed that, you sir, would not have a name.  Use his activism as a guide and stop being a sissy.  This board needs your picture finding/creating/posting power in order to properly and thoroughly shame Bomb N' Bailers (BnBers).

I'm here for my game (not like some who are way too much into the shame game).  :D

I know you are, which is why we need your help.  Your game is this BBS.  This is where you can make an impact.  You don't need to type anything witty (:)), all we ask is that you be vigilant.  When a BnB thread comes up (or a BnBer is mentioned in a thread) you spring (OK, just slowly animate) into action and blast all necessary threads with pictures designed to shame the BnBer.  That's it. 

All we ask you to do is just be... you.   

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2013, 10:15:51 AM »
If Arlo Guthrie had believed that, you sir, would not have a name.  Use his activism as a guide and stop being a sissy.  This board needs your picture finding/creating/posting power in order to properly and thoroughly shame Bomb N' Bailers (BnBers).

I know you are, which is why we need your help.  Your game is this BBS.  This is where you can make an impact.  You don't need to type anything witty (:)), all we ask is that you be vigilant.  When a BnB thread comes up (or a BnBer is mentioned in a thread) you spring (OK, just slowly animate) into action and blast all necessary threads with pictures designed to shame the BnBer.  That's it. 

All we ask you to do is just be... you.   

:salute

Well, if you insist. In the spirit of Arlo Guthrie, here's poster one:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 10:19:07 AM »
The real Arlo Guthrie would thrash you like a dog for not taking a stand against injustice.

Your hippie activist card is hereby revoked. 

-AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 10:28:07 AM »
The real Arlo Guthrie would thrash you like a dog for not taking a stand against injustice.

Your hippie activist card is hereby revoked. 

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
This man does not sing songs about lameness.

-AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2013, 10:44:29 AM »

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
Arlo 3
Triton 0

:D
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:18 AM »
I think it's quite fitting to call the behavior police 'Officer Obie' from now on.  :D

(You're right! This seems just the ticket, Officer Obie.)  :D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
 :rofl  dammit Arlo, don't you have a day job that keeps you busy?  :rofl  trying not to laugh out loud in the office is causing me chest pains.  :lol  :rofl
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett