Author Topic: Preview Films  (Read 4556 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: Preview Films
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
I'll echo what someone else said or a combination.  I'd like to see a split screen; one side cockpit view and the opposite the outside views with trails.  But overall very nice.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2013, 09:52:26 PM »
Would it be possible to stop the pursuit video at certain points and add in an animated arc, with an explanation of when/why the pursuer is changing from lag to lead?  Kind of like how "dogfights" did it.

"The bandit is here.  Skuzzy is here. Perfect attack position."  ;)

I'm in perfect attack position for your avatar   :t
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2013, 01:39:30 AM »
Maybe have colonials narrating US planes and Europeans narrating other planes :old:

On a side note when the Ace is zoomed in on it looks odd :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
I watch this video often.  really bad acting but the sound makes up for it.   skuzzy, it's all about the sound.  that was top gun was all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TX1sgZVGBUw

semp
LOL ! HAHAHHAA
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2013, 06:23:35 AM »
Split screen is quite possible and may be the answer.  If I had exactly the right shot, a lot of things would be possible.  I think we are going to try to setup an AI plane in a mission to fly exactly how we need and get someone to fly the attacker position so we can get the best shot possible.

If anyone wants to pair up and try to get those shots, let me know.  We have a specific area in "The Playroom" arena setup for filming.  We, eventually, want to have every ACM available in film.  I am going through Bob Shaw's book one ACM at a time.

Everyone, please stop worrying about the voice.  I will be the first one to concede the voice over sucks.  The scripts need a few more tweaks, but are close.  The script is there as a placeholder so the video can be better synchronized with it.  We will have the possibility of providing different languages for the films.  There is no point, until the videos are finalized for content.

We really appreciate the input and feedback.  It is quite helpful.  Thank all of you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2013, 09:44:51 AM »
Split screen is quite possible and may be the answer.  If I had exactly the right shot, a lot of things would be possible.  I think we are going to try to setup an AI plane in a mission to fly exactly how we need and get someone to fly the attacker position so we can get the best shot possible.

If anyone wants to pair up and try to get those shots, let me know.  We have a specific area in "The Playroom" arena setup for filming.  We, eventually, want to have every ACM available in film.  I am going through Bob Shaw's book one ACM at a time.

Everyone, please stop worrying about the voice.  I will be the first one to concede the voice over sucks.  The scripts need a few more tweaks, but are close.  The script is there as a placeholder so the video can be better synchronized with it.  We will have the possibility of providing different languages for the films.  There is no point, until the videos are finalized for content.

We really appreciate the input and feedback.  It is quite helpful.  Thank all of you.

We wouldn't crack on your voice if we didn't love you, man  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2013, 10:59:43 AM »
+1 to the split screen... I envision a standard gun sight view, split with an external view of the attacking a/c from behind...  (hopefully with the enemy aircraft just visible at bottom of external view screen with tracers meeting the aircraft...

I'd be willing to be the poor soul being shot down if someone else wants to try to set up the shots..   PM me!  :cheers:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
I can do the Ugandan voice over :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
Would it be possible to stop the pursuit video at certain points and add in an animated arc, with an explanation of when/why the pursuer is changing from lag to lead?  Kind of like how "dogfights" did it.

"The bandit is here.  Skuzzy is here. Perfect attack position."  ;)

I've always wanted to do something like that in the videos I do, but haven't found a perfect way of doing it yet. I've also been experimenting with different ways to get a split screen thing to work well as someone else already posted. I think these would be good option to try out Skuzzy. I know when I first started playing I had no idea what a lag turn was even after seeing it. I only figured it out after I searched it online and had a visual picture pointing out how it looked and how it worked.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
I am going to play with a couple of different ways to showcase this better.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:03:26 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2013, 08:49:10 PM »
Hmmm... a video with AH tutorials... that should be stickied on the BBS somewhere!  :old:

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »
they are short, easy to understand and very informative. its pretty good skuzzy! i really like the title screen the way it pops and has that 3d effect!

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2013, 09:13:26 AM »
Sorry for the late reply Skuzzy.

There one statement in the video that is confusing (starting at 0:52): "...this allows the attacker to play himself in a difficult position to be seen by the bogey...".
I'd replace that with something like "...this allows the attacker to place himself in a position where it is difficult for the bogey to see him....", which makes it immediately clear who is in difficulty.

I'd add fade-in titles to separate the three types of pursuit more clearly for the viewer: at 0:40 for lag, at 1:01 for lead and at 1:09 for pure pursuit.

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2013, 10:02:01 AM »
I am going to play with a couple of different ways to showcase this better.

I kinda thought they were pretty good. Don't let critics talk you into overdoing it.  :)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
I thought bogey meant unidentified and bandit meant hostile.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck